Mirror Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Trivia

Which auto maker makes a convex mirror for the drivers side mirror?

I may need to rephrase this.

Which auto maker makes a convex mirror for the drivers side mirror on a passenger car?
    Last edited by DaWizard; 08-09-2017, 11:12 AM.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Many do
    My truck has a split mirror design where the bottom one is a convex. I have seen many manufactures do this.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

When I got my 2015 Freightliner coronado they had the mirror mounted so it was right in the middle of the passenger side window, I raised cane about it until they fixed it would hide a vehicle from your view until it got right in front of you. Mirrors should be mounted on the cowl like pete and everyone else some genius thought he had a better idea and mounted these to the door.

Comment

Well, the real reason for this question is, because the car makers do not make, nor do they offer a convex drivers side mirror.

My understanding is, that it confuses folks to have a convex mirror so close and distorts the image. Now, I will admit that trucks of all sizes are the exception, but back in 2002 when I was hunting down a left side convex mirror for my PT, I had to take a pickup truck right convex mirror and cut it down to fit the left mirror housing.

At that time there were no left side convex mirrors available. Excuse me for being so vague.
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          many cars now have the convex in an upper corner of the d/s mirror but not the whole glass.

Chief taught me to back up, using mirrors.---"Mirrors NEVER lie to you"!!----He changed his mind, when CONVEX mirrors came out!
        He also sed, "Believe only 10% of what you HEAR & 90% of what you SEE"!---With the advent of COMPUTATORS, he changed his mind.
        He also sed, "Carry tools & you'll have TROUBLE"---He changed his mind, on Route 66, when the CARB & STEERING GEAR on his '59 Buick Le Saber almost fell off! He bought LONG bolts at a hardware & BORROWED tools from a Fillin' Station, to get back "ON THE ROAD AGAIN"---NLOL
        IF I could TIPE, I have MANY, BORING stories & stories & stories--------Right now, I gotta' go "P"---
        Bill Equipped
        Last edited by BILL WILLIAMSON; 08-25-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Whats with some pass side mirrors saying, objects in the mirror are closer than they appear? And why not the drivers side? Both mirrors are flat! Oh and that maybe why some people cut you off.

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Because the pass side is convex style..it brings things in a tighter field of view

NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers use a CONVEX L/S mirror, tilted out somewhat. I "guess" it's in case his spotter misses a car coming alongside. It's AMAZING they have time to look, at 180 to 200+ MPH!
          Bill Dizzy

Comment

MIRRORS do LIE! Whin I got up, I looked like "SOMEONE"??? ELSE!
            John Doe

Comment

It's an option at the dealership for the ladies....they use them to put their makeup on while driving. :

Couldn't resist....mirrors, convex, autos, etc etc= makeup and the ladies and a maybe a few dudes too. :D
              "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

Mirrors flip me side to side, how come they don't flip me ASS over TEAKETTLE?
                Confused Dad

Comment