Went to the range today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the range today.

Went to the range today to dial in some pistols set up 3 DW's(dan wessons) 1-2.5" 1-4" and 1-6" barrel DWS have interchangeable barrels and are made to use for shooting competitions. Got all of them dialed in tight groups at 25 yards in single action. Practiced my double action shooting and speed loading and it all went well, took over four hours but I got them all set up nice now. Double checked my dw semi auto 9mm got it set just right as well. Day before worked with rifle i have never been able to get my ishy -enfield to work right found a scope base broke so it was moving all over the place, got it from a place in conneticut called them up told them the issue they told me to send it back as they had changed the design and knew there was an issue and that it had a lifetime warranty, good honest people. I got my ar-10 and ar 15 both dialed in at 200 yds with less than 1" groups. All rifles are scoped I do not see iron sights well now days. Had a great couple of days and now it is back to fiinishing my trailer.
    Last edited by BNCHIEF; 08-09-2017, 08:33 AM.

No Thompson:D
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never held or shot one is yours the real deal, not full auto i am sure but i like your avatar.

When I was in high school, one of my classmate's mother worked at Federal Cartridge and could get me 22 long rifle seconds in a box of 325 for only $1. I never had a dud, and never could find a flaw to make them seconds. Now I can't even find 22 CB's in the stores. Sure do miss the good old days. CB's are sub sonic, so they are pretty quiet, and good for hunting rodents.

Comment

Know what you mean Tom some people just think they have to screw things up for people. When I was a kid we would throw our 22's over the handlebars and go to the creek nowadays people would lose their minds.

Comment

Reference #2: I've got a legal (full auto) '28 Thompson. "Once you go full auto, you never go back!":

Bob-A;)

Comment

• DaWizard
          DaWizard commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Bob, can I borrow Your FFL?

Bob I have shot full auto many times in the military with various weapon fire control is the biggest issue. Heading back to the range tomorrow morning workin on 1" group at 300 yards tomorrow dialed it at 200 last time.

Comment

DaWizard,

I don't really have an FFL, just a permit for the one gun. And I don't think the ATF would appreciate me loaning it out.:

BNCHIEF,

The best time I had plinking was with a 1917 Browning water cooled that a friend owns. While in the Army I was trained as a Tanker and the M3 "Grease Gun" sub machine-gun was fun to shoot. The 105 mm main gun on the M60 tank was just to loud. That is some super good shooting you are doing there! I can't hit the broad side of a barn hence the Thompson. I just "spray & pray".:p

Bob-A;)

Comment

• DaWizard
            DaWizard commented
            Editing a comment
            Drat, see, if I had that FFL here is Ca I wouldn't sweat the Calico Liberty 9mm, but then, I guess I don't sweat it anyway. They will thank me for having it as soon as the chaos breaks out here and I start mowing down the dissidents. Or it won't matter when NK send a nuke over this way and the air raid sirens go off.

• BNCHIEF
            BNCHIEF commented
            Editing a comment
            We could show them how to make dirty rice. Ok so i am a little gung-ho.

Today was a good day hitting everything at 300 yds with my ar-10 and ar-15, will get that ar-10 to 500yds on our range we can get to 1000yds

Comment