X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye spark plugs

A new piston engine...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ma...-idUSKBN1AO0E7
    Last edited by mshmodela; 08-10-2017, 08:53 AM.

Heh, the Wankle rotary engine has been around for years, and why couldn't that be made into a diesel? No more spark plugs!
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

They don't say much about the engine, but it sounds like a gasoline engine that starts with spark plugs, and after it's warmed up it will fire on compression heat.

BTW, I just poured a cup of diesel fuel on my garbage to burn it, and it took a while to ignite. It also has a different color than I'm used to seeing for diesel.

Comment

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, probably Corn Diesel !!

I saw a ROTARY Diesel engine, that supposedly came from a TANK!!! It was on display at a local wrecking yard, watched over by the Junk Yard Dogs.
      Bill W.

Comment

Come to think about this "new" engine, this is nothing new. In the 60's I remember several engines that would diesel when the ignition was switched off. LOL

Too high an idle setting of course.

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
          BILL WILLIAMSON commented
          Editing a comment
          A Guy couldn't get his Olds to shut off, about the time he got in the store, it kicked backward, let out a cloud of smoke from under the hood & gathered quite a CROWD!! ! ---LOL
          Dad Laffin'

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          that pre ignition stinks big time

Related Topics

Collapse

• Gary D
        spark plugs
        by Gary D
        5.5 police head-best spark plug?
        03-27-2018, 07:49 PM
      • dmdeaton
        Spark Plugs
        by dmdeaton
        What spark plugs are you guys running and where is the best place to order some?
        08-29-2017, 02:39 PM
      • GranTudor
        Spark Plugs
        by GranTudor
        I have to change my plugs from MM to regular ford size. I have a set of Autolite 3076, set of Motorcraft F11 and a set of Champion C-16C . What should I use? Is there a table showing various plugs and their heat range from hot to cold? Thanks Grant
        09-09-2019, 11:05 AM
      • Soapy
        Spark Plugs
        by Soapy
        When I was 16, and had a 1930 Tudor, it seemed like it would only run right on the Champion plugs that were available. Over the years, I have been collecting old plugs that would fit. My coupe came with a set of Champion C-4 plugs, which I still have, I have several sets of ribbed Champion W16Y plugs and some singles: A pink Firestone Polonium S-40-CF, A Champion C-4 with a Brass top (with a broken...
        07-10-2019, 09:54 PM
      • MANYHERRAMIENTAS
        Spark plug ?
        by MANYHERRAMIENTAS
        hi can you tell me if these spark plugs are for the Ford A?
        Thank you
        09-07-2018, 04:05 PM
      • BNCHIEF
        Spark plugs a comparison and anything unique
        by BNCHIEF
        Well I cleaned up a few plugs today some for model T and some for model A thought i would just toss em out here, if you have something different post them might be interesting
        05-03-2018, 02:34 PM
      • MANYHERRAMIENTAS
        Change Spark plug
        by MANYHERRAMIENTAS
        this is the engine of my Ford A and I would like to change the spark plugs
        I could recommend some, I like the 3x style but I do not know if they are the best
        Thank
        04-06-2018, 11:58 AM
      • Brian French
        Champion 3X
        by Brian French
        does a new Champion 3X spark plug need the gap adjusted?
        if so, do you use a file or dremmal tool?

Thank You;
        03-28-2018, 09:16 AM
      • MANYHERRAMIENTAS
        Spark plug 3x champion
        by MANYHERRAMIENTAS
        Hi friends
        I bought the 3x champion spark plugs and I need a tool to adjust them, what would it be? Spark plug hexagon is 1- 1/8 inches
        Thank you
        06-10-2018, 07:20 PM
      • tbirdtbird
        Brain teaser for engine builders and others
        by tbirdtbird
        OK, you have a vintage multi-cylinder engine, maybe 4 or 6 cyl, perhaps an old tractor engine, etc, and little to no literature to go on.
        You need the firing order to connect up the dizzy. Pulling the plugs gives a very inadequate view of the position of the valves and pistons.

What is the easiest way to determine the firing order
        05-03-2019, 10:31 PM
      Working...
      X