Building Your Own Sandblast Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Your Own Sandblast Cabinet

When I needed something to hold the gloves in my sandblast cabinet I looked for months to find a short tube with a mounting flange that would be the right size to clamp the gloves on, and have a good flange to screw to the hole in the front panel. I couldn't find a thing until I was at Menards and spotted this extension cord reel. I cut off the majority of the flange with the large holes, then removed the black handle from the inside part, then cut the remaining center part in half. This was the perfect size for the gloves and had a nice flange to screw to the cabinet front panel.

BTW I buy my gloves from Harbor Freight for about 5 or 6 dollars. They are shoulder length rubber gloves and not specifically called sandblasting gloves.

I made my large cabinet from steel, but will use wood for the next one, if I build another. A guy in our club made his from wood, and it's much easier to work with and less expensive. I used glass on top and have a 4 foot fluorescent twin bulb light setting on the glass. This way the light bulb doesn't take up interior room, and it's protected from the blasting. Menards also has the large hose clamps (in the plumbing department) to secure the gloves.

Menards Cord Reel.jpg

Nice tip Tom thanks
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• JohnB15632
      31 SW Wood Armrest Installation
      by JohnB15632
      I am trying to figure out how to install the wood arm support in my 31 SW.
      What I have learned so far it that there is an upholstery panel that covers the area under the third window. There is a metal strap that supports the arm behind the panel. A wood screw goes thru the strap, thru the panel, into the wood armrest support. As the screw is tightened, the strap is pulled tight against the...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      03-24-2018, 08:51 AM
    • donh
      top wood
      by donh
      Has anyone ever tried filling the nail holes in the top wood and then successfully nailed the top material and molding down? I'm working on a 30 170B deluxe. I replaced the header but wonder about the rest of the top wood.
      09-10-2018, 06:52 AM
    • pAAt
      Door post wood
      by pAAt
      I've been thinking about making some metal door posts. I'm sure people have already done this and I would like a few tips, if possible. Thanks, Pat...
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      09-12-2018, 09:39 AM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      A Doghouse to Store Model A Engines
      by Tom Wesenberg
      I just finished this today. My garage is small and full, and I needed someplace to store my Delco Light Plant and a Model A engine. If I remove the Delco, I think it has enough room for 3 Model A engines. Storing parts under those cheap plastic sheets just doesn't cut it. This is so tight it's even mouse proof, but I may put some mothballs in to keep insects out.

I don't think any community...
      This gallery has 6 photos.
      05-16-2017, 04:39 AM
    • Bill G
      Nice ending to a wood header issue
      by Bill G
      At the tail end of summer I was installing a top wood kit for my '29 Tudor After a lot of work, the last step was to install the header piece. It did, as the Les Andrews book suggests, take some sanding in order to make the bull-nose piece fit properly, and some to get the bottom to fit the contour of the outside ends. After all that, I went to put the piece in place with the 3M sealer, clamps and...
      10-23-2018, 01:05 PM
    • Beauford
      Door Panels
      by Beauford
      anyone know a good way to match up the door strap holes on A pilliar panel as they don't come with holes. Need a way to mark the panel.
      01-05-2018, 08:44 PM
    • JohnB15632
      31 SW Wood Armrest Installation
      by JohnB15632
      Would anyone be able to tell me how to install the wood armrests on my 31 SW 4D TS?
      There are no mounting holes/slots on the wood armrests them selves.
      There are no mounting holes on the sides of the body.

HELP!!

Thanks,
      This gallery has 3 photos.
      03-17-2018, 05:17 PM
    • Terry, NJ
      Wood bending, How it's done
      by Terry, NJ
      Hey guys! I ran across this little tidbit on you tube today. This old guy does a pretty nice bending job with a pretty nice home made (Self fabricated) press, well worth the time!
      Steam bending wood, 1 inch Ash By Engels coach shop
      Terry
      02-08-2018, 09:55 AM
    • Art Ebeling
      Victoria progress
      by Art Ebeling
      I’ve made some progress on the interior. I have a Lebaron Bonney kit. I have had every panel on and off several times to trim, cut, and refit . I Have the original panels to guide me and have been able to follow the original nail holes in some of the wood. In the picture the door panel is not attached, it is just hanging fo a trial fit as is the panel above the door. I called Lebaron Bonney last...
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      01-12-2018, 09:43 PM
    • Jimmyc
      39 Ford standard headlight trim ring
      by Jimmyc
      New to the forum so thought I’d start it off with a simple question. I recently acquired a 39 Ford Standard that has had the headlights upgraded to halogen with the small turn signal light in the bucket. I think it was a Bob Drake conversion. The turn signal light is out and I’m trying to figure out how to remove the trim ring. There is only one screw at the bottom so I assume it probably slides...
      01-13-2018, 07:27 PM
    Working...
    X