Rust 911 or Evapo-Rust and Stuck Pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust 911 or Evapo-Rust and Stuck Pistons

Has anyone tried any of the rust removal products to free up a stuck piston?

I have used evaporust on small parts,
    on zenith carb it penetrates some what, just enough to loosen screws. After removal rust can be seen in the threads. It works best with high temperatures 80-90*

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• 1930artdeco
      rust powder
      by 1930artdeco
      Hi All,

After I get done with the valves I would like to soak the block and head with something to remove the rust powder so I can start with a clean block. Already cleaned the radiator out. I was thinking of blocking off the inlet and then pouring in some evaporust and letting it soak and then draining it. any other ideas?

Mike...
      03-18-2019, 08:47 PM
    • L Jones
      Tillison carburators
      by L Jones
      When I have stuck screws and jets in a Zenith carburetor, I get out my torch and heat and quinch and everything comes apart very easy.
      What do you do when you have stuck screws and jets in a Tillison carb from years of corrosion.
      05-18-2019, 08:19 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Rust 911 Used on Exhaust Manifold
      by Tom Wesenberg
      I haven't bought or used any Rust 911 yet, but would like to try some to clean the inside and outside of an exhaust manifold.
      I was wondering how well Rust 911 would work on the heavy rust, and inside carbon, that exhaust manifolds usually have?...
      09-21-2018, 05:49 PM
    • old victoria
      rust 911
      by old victoria
      got a gallon of rust 911 mixed up a batch. dropped in a very rusty model a carb 6 hours later not a spot of rust. the stuff WORKS!
      12-15-2018, 06:15 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Back Flushing the Cooling System
      by Tom Wesenberg
      To do a good cleaning of the Model A cooling system, you need a good strong flow of water to dislodge the junk in the rear of the block, and to remove the junk laying on top of the radiator tubes. Even after running vinegar for 30 days in my Model A, I wanted to give it a good back flush, so I removed the radiator and turned it upside down then back flushed it with a sump pump. I used a large radius...
      05-24-2017, 03:10 PM
    • Jim Mason
      preservation
      by Jim Mason
      I have a late Tudor that I would like to knock down the surface rust on. I'm not going to restore it for some time, so I just need to knock the surface rust down, without removing the original finishes (what's left). I then need to prevent the rusts return. this process would be similar to the preservation of a low mileage original. what process is used on the low mileage cars for surface rust...
      03-18-2018, 09:22 PM
    • Snagglewhen
      Removing Rust in My Cooling System
      by Snagglewhen
      Coming back from the last tour that I was on I was having issues getting my roadster to run at speed for any period without overheating. I just soaked my cooling system in Evapo-Rust for several days to remove rust buildup and it worked as advertised. Then water came out of the system completely black and the car runs much cooler now. The water at the top of the radiator was at 190 before the Evapo-Rust...
      04-06-2018, 08:17 AM
    • SAJ
      Piston Expander. "Koetherizer"
      by SAJ
      I posted this on "another"forum in response to others and thought it might prove interesting on VFF
      "I have a piston expander called a Koetherizer. Invented by Emil Koether in the Early 1930's. You clean the piston internally by blasting with walnut shells in the right hand chamber of the machine. Then insert the special squeeze bolt through the gudgeon holes, tighten the bolt...
      03-07-2019, 03:45 AM
    • copgib
      Question on Evaporust Soaking
      by copgib
      For anyone who has used either 911 or Evaporust, how long do you leave it in your engine to soak before flushing it out?
      07-09-2018, 07:47 PM
    • George Miller
      OSPHO for killing rust
      by George Miller
      Dave I got a couple of quarts of OSPHO at a ACE hardware. I sanded the model T and sprayed the OSPHO on the body, we had are first warm day in a while. It seems to be working well. Thanks for the tip.
      George
      02-04-2019, 02:52 PM
    Working...
    X