I'll stick with a Model A......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll stick with a Model A......

At least I know it was built in the USA!!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...cid=spartandhp
    "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

"© Ford Motor Company Ford's compact Focus is currently built at its Michigan Assembly Plant near Detroit. The next Focus will be built in China, freeing Michigan Assembly to build the more profitable Ranger and Bronco instead. "

Sure is too bad Ford closed and tore down the nice assembly plant they had in the Twin Cites. And it was making the Ranger pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
      "© Ford Motor Company Ford's compact Focus is currently built at its Michigan Assembly Plant near Detroit. The next Focus will be built in China, freeing Michigan Assembly to build the more profitable Ranger and Bronco instead. "

Sure is too bad Ford closed and tore down the nice assembly plant they had in the Twin Cites. And it was making the Ranger pickup.
      Ranger will end up eventually going to Mexico and the Bronco to wherever the labour is cheap too.
      "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Steve Plucker
        Mexico City Ford Assembly Plant
        by Steve Plucker
        Does anyone have a photo of the Mexico City Assembly Plant (Before 1928) that assembled the Model T Ford?

Would any photos of assembly plants be in the Model T era books of Ford Industries?

If so, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Pluck
        11-18-2017, 12:43 AM
      • Steve Plucker
        Four-story assembly plants
        by Steve Plucker
        Does anyone know of any publication that describes the workings of a four-story Ford Motor Company Assembly Plant?

Thanks.

Pluck...
        12-05-2017, 03:26 AM
      • Steve Plucker
        Ford's USA Assembly Plants...Then and Now
        by Steve Plucker
        Have you ever wondered just what the assembly plant looked like for which your Model A/AA Ford was assembled and what it is today?

Well now you can...on my website is a article called "Ford's USA Assembly Plants...Then and Now" is up and running.

Here is the link http://www.plucks329s.org/pdf/assypl...atTheyRNow.pdf

Check it out.

If you...
        01-13-2019, 05:57 AM
      • Steve Plucker
        Model T assembly plant codes on body...
        by Steve Plucker
        Has anyone ever noticed on the Model T BODY floor cross sill (front) any type of letter and numbers representing assembly plant codes?

For instance SFA 0927 for San Francisco Assembly plant or AS 12345 for Seattle Assembly plant.

These codes are on a majority of Model A's...was wondering about the Model T's.

Thanks. Pluck
        10-08-2017, 09:57 AM
      • Steve Plucker
        Model T assembly plant codes...
        by Steve Plucker
        Has anyone ever noticed on the Model T BODY floor cross sill (front) any type of letter and numbers representing assembly plant codes?

For instance SFA 0927 for San Francisco Assembly plant or AS 12345 for Seattle Assembly plant.

These codes are on a majority of Model A's...was wondering about the Model T's.

Thanks. Pluck
        10-08-2017, 09:58 AM
      • reggie
        Atlanta Ford Plant
        by reggie
        Does anyone know the Day, Month and Year that the Atlanta Plant Opened and Closed and as to what they all made there other then Cars and Trucks like some Plants Painted small part's and some made Rear Fenders or Both of the Fenders, And some Plants put Motors together and what I want to know is what did the Atlanta plant all make at that Plant and when that was all started and ended and what it was...
        06-17-2018, 08:55 AM
      • Steve Plucker
        "I was told once that..." stories...
        by Steve Plucker
        How many of you at one time or the other over the years heard something about the Model A/AA Ford that you had a hard time beleiving if it were true or not.

Here is my story...I was told once that before the Ford Runtunda fire of what year I forget, that there were many Ford archives and Ford data that were lost due to the fire.

One of the items that was lost were all the...
        08-29-2018, 11:53 PM
      • Steve Plucker
        Manchester, England Assembly Plant photo...
        by Steve Plucker
        Does anyone have an airial photo view of the Manchester, England Ford Assembly Plant?

Need one.

Thanks.

Pluck...
        11-11-2017, 01:46 PM
      • BudP
        On This Day in History
        by BudP
        On October 1, 1908, the first production Model T Ford is completed at the company’s Piquette Avenue plant in Detroit. Between 1908 and 1927, Ford would build some 15 million Model T cars. It was the longest production run of any automobile model in history until the Volkswagen Beetle surpassed it in 1972.

10-01-2017, 09:04 PM
      • CM2
        Where did you eat lunch?
        by CM2
        Me? Ford assembly plant Richmond CA...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        02-06-2018, 03:38 PM
      Working...
      X