Damn Mice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Mice

I just drove to the store to buy some slotted screws for the Model A voltage regulators I make. When I opened the door at the store, there was a mouse in the pocket by the door hinge. It looked at me for a few seconds, then ran forward. In the 70's I was working on my uncle's pickup and a mouse ran up the underside of the open hood. Damn thing must have had suction cups on it's feet. I'll never figure out how it could run up a metal hood upside down at a 45* angle.

Tom I hate mice also!
    I was walking one night and just finished talking about snakes maybe out to night when something crawled up my pant leg. Dang tree frog :-)

Comment

I watched a mouse climb straight up the cinderblock shop wall to the rafters.
      we have 24' ceilings
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Working at the dealer, a HUGE SNAKE under a Datsun hood!!!---FINALLY trapped him in the hood hinge levers!!!
        Everyone took a trip to the TIDY-BOWL, to freshen up!
        Same, another time, with a BIG RAT. Everyone's chasin' him all over the shop, one HUGE leap & he landed in the HOT-TANK, for his last swim!
        KDad Chicken

Comment

• Big hammer
          Big hammer commented
          Editing a comment
          I was in the woods getting ready to take a, and a BIG black snake crawled over my foot, yes it scared the crap out of me :-)
          Good place for the rat.

Workin' on a Jaguar Sedan, flat bedded in with blown off fan belts. "Something" BIG & FURRY in the cavity behind the head light???---A CAT! Nice kitty, locked him in my office for the owner.----"NOT MY CAT"!! His underhood hide out was FULL of Pork Chop Bones!!! Our Detail Guy adopted him & called him Piggy.
        Bill Stillscary

Comment

Did the cat knock the belts off? Maybe it didn't want his new house to be mobile! Glad someone adopted it !

Comment

The CAT rode there for about 65 MILES!
            Bill Lovedogs

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• carolinamudwalker
              Hood Hinges
              by carolinamudwalker
              On the center line of the hood there are 4 riveted hinges. 2 at the front and 2 at the rear. Are these available anywhere? I have two at the front that someone tried to weld but they cracked again.
              09-07-2018, 02:15 PM
            • BNCHIEF
              Model a memories as a young boy.
              by BNCHIEF
              When I was a young boy my dad bought old cars that were running we are talking in the late 50's we would go hunting and looking for old cars at the same time. someone related a story to my dad about a special model a ford some guy had. I of course can't verify the truth of this story and I was young but the story goes like this supposedly this guy had a model a he was a rural mail carrier and wanted...
              10-28-2017, 07:24 AM
            • pooch
              I drooled over this one at Gulgong
              by pooch
              Some damn fine workmanship is this.

Handcrafted polished alloy.

Are they bomber release handles for inside door handles?...
              06-02-2018, 04:19 PM
            • pAAt
              Hood hinge rod removal
              by pAAt
              I have some hoods that are froze up. What is the best way to get the rods out, so I can build a good one out of the parts ? Thanks, Pat
              10-10-2017, 07:30 PM
            • Beauford
              Hood gap...
              by Beauford
              So all looks good but the sides. So if it is a sagging frame it surely is doing it uniformly. Any tricks? The hood latches dont latch center.
              03-02-2018, 10:19 PM
            • Supergnat
              Bent hinges - DUMB MISTAKE
              by Supergnat
              I am really embarrassed to write this but I desperate need of advice. I accidentally drove my 28 Fordor Leatherback into the garage with the driver side rear door open. The door caught on the edge of the garage opening molding and bent the door back over the rear fender. I was able to straighten the edge of the door where it contacted the fender but the door will not close anymore. The upper and...
              03-14-2018, 06:27 AM
            • Beauford
              Hood Shelves
              by Beauford
              In between my blocks the shelf is raised a little off the splash. Yes they are repop. Any ideas to resolve this? Same on both sides and all bolts in correct holes. Hood is not on yet but hoping since the blocks are down good that the latching will at least push it down....
              08-15-2018, 06:24 PM
            • Jeff/Illinois
              Proper fit repop '30-'31 Model A hoods
              by Jeff/Illinois
              Do the hoods that Rootlieb or Brookville Roadster make today, have the proper curvature in the rear of the hood, to match the curvature of the cowl? Most reproduction hoods I see aren't formed correctly here. They are straight. These seem to have been coming out in the '70's.

I've looked at their web sites and all they say is 'made to original, etc.'

Thanks...
              10-08-2017, 12:45 PM
            • Tom Wesenberg
              Kill the Rodents and Protect Your Model A
              by Tom Wesenberg
              Be sure you have lots of mouse traps set up. This is the time of year when they like to move inside your house and garage. I set two traps up just outside the garage door and caught two dozen mice last year, and thought I was doing good. It wasn't good enough because a mouse chewed on the rubber strain relief for my wire welder. This year I will set up a couple 5 gallon bucket mouse traps with drain...
              10-13-2017, 10:05 AM
            • Beauford
              Damn hood...
              by Beauford
              there is zero frame sag so we can skip that part. (frame was checked before build) There is equal distance on either side of rad shells to hood sides. My shell is mounted as far back as shells allow. Adjusting the hood rods get the top cowl tight but what I need is the sides to meet the rad shell.
              09-09-2018, 08:48 AM
            Working...
            X