Original Commutator/Timer Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Commutator/Timer Tool

This is the original Ford tool for setting the ignition timing. The big hole slips over the bolt that holds the timer (Ford called it a commutator) spring clip and the small hole goes over the end of the commutator pull rod. It is pictured on page 37, paragraph 126, Fig.100 of the Model T Ford Service Manual.

Best regards,
    Geary
    Last edited by Geary; 01-27-2019, 03:31 PM. Reason: Illus. & text added

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mickey
    For you Ford tool collectors
    by Mickey
    https://lancaster.craigslist.org/pts...913584162.html
    08-24-2019, 09:23 PM
  • sideline
    Ford The New Car
    by sideline
    Recently added to my collection. Twelve pages and the front and back cover. It’s about 5 1/4” wide x 6 7/8” tall.
    At the bottom of the pages is written “23 YEARS OF PUBLIC PREFERENCE”
    since Ford Motor Company was founded in 1903 that would make this seem to be possibly a pre introduction promotion piece....
    02-22-2019, 12:36 PM
  • Jim Mason
    Ford videos
    by Jim Mason
    Mitch posted a link to the Ford factory videos. the one titled 'Ford river rouge plant 1928 and beyond' shows at the 20second to 40second mark the pedestrian overpass where the battle of the overpass occurred. Walter ruether and others got beat up pretty bad by Ford security.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Overpass
    01-16-2019, 10:36 PM
  • Eagan
    Spring Spreader for rear curved spring
    by Eagan
    Mikes-Affordable sell a rear spring spreading tool for 28 -31 Ford Model A's (blue in color) and I wondered if anyone has any experience with this tool? I have a 33 Ford that also has curved rear springs and the standard spreader won't work because the "pumpkin" gets in the way...wondered if the Mike's model might work on the 33 Ford. Really appreciate any guidance.
    Eagan
    01-19-2019, 01:36 PM
  • Paul
    Running Board Toolbox
    by Paul
    Did the Ford dealership accessories for the Model A, ever include a running board tool box?
    01-17-2019, 05:01 PM
  • Paul
    Every Full Sized Ford After The Model T
    by Paul
    An interesting read. Click on "Every Full Sized Ford After The Model T" and not on the https address.
    We are told the story over and over again in school: Henry Ford’s use of assembly line methods allowed his Model T to be affordable to ordinary people. Those who are a little car savvy know that 15 million Model Ts were sold, a record not broken until...
    01-03-2019, 04:34 PM
  • Nelson C
    Ford Licensed Parts
    by Nelson C
    The packaging (plastic bag) on a number of reproduction Model A Ford parts from Suppliers will sometimes have printed "Ford Licensed Part". It's my understanding that all "Ford Licensed Parts" must be compared with what is contained in the "Model A Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards" especially for Fine Point judging. Would all "Ford Licensed Parts"...
    02-12-2019, 01:24 PM
  • Jeff/Illinois
    American Icon: How Alan Mullaly Saved the Ford Motor Company
    by Jeff/Illinois
    This is a good book for all you Ford fans if you are looking to pass some winter weather time indoors. Some neat points they make in the book, in relation to Model A Fords, was the story of 'how' the Model A came about (we've all heard it still interesting) but also later Alan Mullaly makes reference to how they pulled Ford out of the brink of disaster after he took over in Sept. 2006, akin to what...
    01-30-2018, 05:52 PM
  • Rob Patterson
    Ford Market Share. Pre T
    by Rob Patterson
    Hi,
    Recently I heard that Ford were already market leaders prior to the Model T.
    Is this so?
    If so, could you point me in the direction of where I can find the figures please?
    Thanks,
    Rob
    12-10-2018, 04:20 PM
  • Steve Plucker
    Ford Grills
    by Steve Plucker
    Is there some photos of some Ford Grills on this site?

I am trying to ID one.

Thanks.

Pluck
    04-28-2019, 02:48 PM
Working...
X