T & A Muncie over/under drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T & A Muncie over/under drive

First six (red) pics are model T due to square input shaft right (over/under)? Last 4 are supposed to be 28-29 A-AA 3 spd. Muncie over/under drive. I'm waiting on input/output shaft pictures on the last 4 photos. Any info on these would be helpful. Price is 1500 shipped-ouch.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 10 photos.
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

paat for 1200 hundred more you get a Layne warford quiet not noisy gears are always in mesh and a ratio you like. Talk to Birdhaven auto supply. Pm me if you need more.

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chief. I'll check them out. Good day, Pat

Related Topics

Collapse

• ClaudeC
    transmission u joint, "clamshell?"
    by ClaudeC
    Does a Clamshell go over the transmission exposed U joint?
    03-17-2018, 08:44 AM
  • Vin1930
    Reverse idler shaft
    by Vin1930
    Good morning. I'm a new member and a fairly new Model A owner. Sorry for the long post, but hoping to figure out how to fix a dumb mistake:

In an attempt to fix the leak from the reverse idler and cluster shafts, I bought one of Bratton's seal kits. The reverse idler shaft was too long to fit into the cover provided, so I followed Bratton's instructions and ground down the end of the...
    02-28-2018, 08:25 AM
  • pAAt
    Throwout bearing shaft and pedal shaft
    by pAAt
    Do I grind one end of the rivet and punch out for removal ? Thanks, Pat
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    05-02-2018, 04:06 PM
  • Hoogah
    Can’t get engine onto transmission shaft (Go in, ya [email protected]@rd!)
    by Hoogah
    Retired, defeated, at 11pm tonight after spending hours trying to reinstall the engine. So close but no cigar! Have a jack under the transmission and the gap between the bell housing and flywheel housing seems to be even. Just can’t see if the transmission shaft spline teeth are aligned with the gaps on the clutch spline, and have been turning the motor incrementally to find a happy place, but no...
    08-31-2018, 08:10 AM
  • Pklarkin
    Steering shaft shot?
    by Pklarkin
    Hi all,

Thanks to your help, the car is running! Combined timing/carb issue. Once that got fixed it started right up and runs like a champ.

Now I'm on to rebuilding the steering column and box. I have a 7-tooth, and as I took it apart I was shocked to find that the lower thrust bearing was totally shot - disintegrated with only the outer housing left. The top isn't a...
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    09-13-2017, 11:06 AM
  • Beauford
    Should I....
    by Beauford
    Ok, so we closed on a new house and ours is still on the market but will sell soon. I have moved my garage totally over to the new house. The house is two miles away. My hood, fenders, lights, windscreen are in paint. I have tags and insurance. Should I drive it to the new garage or flatbed it? Would the cops say anything about not having headlights? Of course the brake light is not hot as well but...
    07-14-2018, 08:39 AM
  • bettlesr
    'AUTOMATIC" parking brakes
    by bettlesr
    I have a '30 Sport Coupe with a F150 4 speed OD trans. With the arms to the rear end being shorter because the torque tube is shorter, the parking brake cross shaft lever is right above the arms. If I put some people in the rumble seat and hit a bump, the parking brakes come on tighter with every bump. Has anyone figured how and what to change to keep this from happening. Luckly I have a friend who...
    09-30-2018, 10:30 PM
  • pAAt
    TT Flatbed & chassis
    by pAAt
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    03-09-2018, 09:24 AM
  • BillEbob
    Addendum to: "Cooling System Help Req'd"
    by BillEbob
    Guys, thanks for all the good recommendations re: radiator leak, Much Appreciated!!

The worm gear clamps did the trick and now I've moved on to being able to drive and enjoy the car!! YEA!!!

An observation that I've made regarding these cars is that while they all appear to have been formed by the same cookie cutter, each car is an individual and has its own quirks and personality!...
    04-13-2018, 08:08 AM
  • Dennis
    Model A transmission ratios
    by Dennis
    Just thinking about something here and didn't put the math to it because I know there are others much better at it than I am. So ultimately my question is what percent is 2nd gear slower than 3rd?

Here's what I was thinking, if you take a Model A transmission and turn it around, remove 1st and reverse sliding gear, and the reverse idler, and if it were possible to make a housing for...
    08-29-2018, 10:15 PM
Working...
X