Anybody here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here?

If anybody is here, Merry Christmas. I'm in western NC with a 1921 Touring. Nice to find another model T forum. I'll check back to see if anyone else shows up.

Hey thom, WELCOME to the VFF!!

I do not have a Model T, but I know plenty of folk that do. We enjoy pictures. Post pictures.

J.C.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Welcome Thom I am a model T guy so welcome here there is a t forum here but it is not used much, you can pm me if you need something.

Comment

Welcome thom!!

Start posting your T info or questions and help get the forum going.
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

T parade day.jpg
          This pic was taken a couple of weeks ago. We have a hood, not on when the pic was taken. The car is a 1921. The engine and transmission had been rebuilt when we bought the car, but had not been cranked yet. We have got it running and driven it. Both front fenders and the right rear are new, as are the splash shields. I rebuilt the rearend and driveshaft myself. The tires are new Lincoln Highway tires. The seat springs are new and the bottoms have been covered. We have the covers for the seat backs, but have not gotten them installed yet. We also have a new top for it but just recently found the complete top bow set, so the top has not been installed yet. The front axle and steering linkages are rebuilt so the car drives great. I installed accessory, lined brake shoes. The battery and cables are new. We drove the car for the first time on October 14, 2017.
          Attached Files

Comment

• BNCHIEF
            BNCHIEF commented
            Editing a comment
            Thom I would have to look I have a 1919 I did not think the oil lamps were still on in 1921, altho there were bigger changes in 23. Looks like a nice original car.

Great looking car Thom. Looks like it wants to be out of the garage and running around swiftly.
          You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Nice T you have.
            What is the back story or history of your ownership?
            3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said
            "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I have been told that the car probably came from the factory without the starter, generator, and battery, which it now has, thankfully, because cars equipped with those would not have come with kerosene lamps. The starter, generator, and battery were probably added, either by the dealer when the car was new, or by a previous owner. Also, if the car had the electrics originally it would have had demountable wheels/rims. That doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's what I've heard. I suppose the kerosene lamps could have been added.
              My wife and I decided, a couple of years ago, that we would like to have an old, original car. We have had modified cars for 40 years but it's time to slow down. We found the '21 Touring last year, for sale in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee at the Shades of the Past rod run.
              The body is unbelievably solid. All the expensive stuff was already done on the car. I've seen rebuilt engines, which the car had, sell for more than we paid for the car. All that the car needs is seat backs and top installed. We have everything to do the jobs. I'm trying to get up the courage to jump in and get-er-done.
              Last edited by thom; 12-26-2017, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, one more thing the car needs... I plan to remove the paint from the spokes in the wheels and clear-coat them.

Comment