1925 t back firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1925 t back firing

hello my brother has a 1925 roadster it is back firing and loss of power he is in jax fl I am sc I went down found that one coil was bad and exhaust manifold was bad I sent he another coil and manifold. he put them on now running on all four but still back firing and no power he said if he turns the key to the battery side the car will die also if he dose not disconnect the battery and the car is not running the battery will die any suggestions I think maybe a short in the wiring
    kevin
    1923 mode t roaster
    1930 model a

I would start with the cam for starters check the timing gears make sure there is not too much slop a broken tooth or has not jumped a tooth not likely and pull the valve cover make sure no valves are sticking, also good likely cause is your roller and commutator are bad.

Comment

thanks I will have him ck it

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish I was close and I could help him need more help ask also check for a model t club there those guys that have them know what they are doing as well.

Related Topics

Collapse

• copgib
      Update on my Model A
      by copgib
      Well my brother picked up my model A from the mechanic after a test drive with him. He told me the car runs real nice and he decided to trailer it to his house since the mechanic lives about 2-3 hours away from his house. After talking to my brother, I don't know whether to be excited or depressed. First after telling me the car runs real nice he started on the problems, he noticed that he had to...
      04-29-2018, 07:50 PM
    • copgib
      Good News For Me
      by copgib
      I have mentioned in the past that I will be picking up my 1930 Model A Coupe up in Louisana the first week of May. I will meet my brother who will be coming from Texas with my car. My mechanic has been working on it since October 2017, on and off. He is a retired mechanic that owned his own shop and had worked on many Model A's. He told my brother he loved working on my car but forgot how much work...
      04-05-2018, 08:47 PM
    • copgib
      I did some research
      by copgib
      I have asking around trying to locate someone close to my location that can help me when I need it on my Model A. I contacted one guy that was refered to me by another Model Aer. Unfortunately he no longer works on them and has another fulltime job now. So while checking around my area I remembered we have one salvage yard in town. I have only been there once, so I decided to go. I met the owner named...
      08-06-2018, 09:05 PM
    • canadian
      friendly discussion
      by canadian
      I have read about the big no no about mounting a ignition coil, terminals down on Model A firewall. I have a NAPA 12V internal resistor mounted upside down for 3 years. Brother rumbles by with 72 dodge Demon , nice 340 , while looking around I noticed ignition coil bolted on its side to intake manifold , factory dodge design. the same coil that I am using exactly, He says its been there for 15 plus...
      05-12-2018, 05:18 AM
    • BNCHIEF
      Why I have not been on the forum much and this is why
      by BNCHIEF
      Been helping a friend do this 37 ford , this is the most cobbled up pos i have ever seen. It will be a nice car I have fixed so much stupid on this it is unbelievable, however here are some pics of the work. I build everything on my stand i do not crawl on the floor rear end is getting juice brakes. Motor is good checked valves and all Larry Shepard did the disributor. this car really is a nice...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 18 photos.
      07-15-2018, 05:45 PM
    • Mitch
      Wiring and safety
      by Mitch
      A while back a Model A came in for some freshen up work. It was running poorly and just a general going over. One thing we found was an intermittent cheap repo ignition switch, killing the spark when wiggling the key. Upon pulling the dash panel back I found a smoked wire going the the ammeter. The ammeter terminals were also burnt up and flopping around in the meters housing.
      I told the owner...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.
      08-26-2018, 09:38 AM
    • George Miller
      Two Model A's found in a garage. no pictures
      by George Miller
      Years a go a friend came to me and said he found a 2 door Model A that he wanted. But there was a 1930 four door there also. He said the guy would only sell both. So I got the four door, he got the tudor. The problem was we had to take the wall down on the lean too that was attached to the garage, to get his tudor out. Then the guy made us put it back up after we got the car out. He did not help....
      12-08-2017, 10:08 AM
    Working...
    X