Low Radiator Shell With No Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Radiator Shell With No Script

Stumbled onto a 17-22 low radiator shelll with no script. I do not see any reference to any shells of that era without a script in the few books I own. Does anyone have any info on when these were used? Thanks Rod
    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

I'm thinking reproduction, made with streetrodders in mind.

Comment

It must be era vintage based on the rust. Definately not a new shiny part made in the last 50 years. Rod
      Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Probably made on a friday and they forgot to stamp it.

Comment

At this point my thinking is that it may be from a Gleaner combine. I would need to go to Pioneer Village again to confirm this. That is the only place I can think of where a Model T era Gleaner can be found. Rod

Comment

• BNCHIEF
            BNCHIEF commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably true Rowdy.

Related Topics

Collapse

• sunnyorm
          Original radiator shell
          by sunnyorm
          Well, I finely got my original radiator shell, after going thru several methods, which all proved to be unsuccessful.
          Now the background: first I bought a radiator ('28/29), which turned out to be some aftermarket from a few years back, and turned out to be 5/8" too tall, which, also, would not fit with repro commercial shell, so next, i was able to purchase an original radiator, which...
          07-11-2018, 08:31 PM
        • Art Ebeling
          Radiator shell fit
          by Art Ebeling
          Today I was mocking up the front fenders and running board aprons to the frame to take to the body shop. I also put the radiator shell on the radiator in order to install the hood. What keeps the bottom of the radiator shell from contacting and scratching the front fender?
          09-15-2017, 06:15 PM
        • tbirdtbird
          Can anyone ID this car...not Model A related
          by tbirdtbird
          Make and year?
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          06-14-2017, 10:48 PM
        • ClaudeC
          Model A vs Model B radiator
          by ClaudeC
          These radiators seem to have identical inlets and outlets yet is the model B radiator different capacity/ greater heat exchange than a model A radiator?
          01-04-2018, 05:26 PM
        • 2manycars
          Observations on pulling the engine.
          by 2manycars
          I pulled the engine out of the tudor this morning for a refresh, and found a few surprises, and some usual nuttiness from Henry.
          Who thought of running the headlamp wires through the radiator shell should be fired. A real pain with the early headlamps that have the tiny screws attaching the wire to the insulating barrel at the headlamp connection.
          I can guess why original engine splash...
          03-30-2018, 01:15 PM
        • Cullen
          Radiator Shell Position ?
          by Cullen
          I am building a 29 Ford Model A pickup out of pieces......cab parts here, fenders there, etc.
          I am using all Miata running gear and suspension parts but I want the truck to look like a 29 that just came out of a barn.
          Here is what I need. I am trying to locate the Height above and Distance in front of the front cross member that the stock radiator shell mounts.
          I am not using a radiator...
          01-08-2018, 08:45 AM
        • sunnyorm
          Radiator shell hole off center
          by sunnyorm
          I have a '28/29 radiator, when I install after market shell, which fits radiator mounts, but when inserting engine hand crank, it's off center, and will not engage with engine crank. to turn over.
          04-06-2018, 10:41 PM
        • MANYHERRAMIENTAS
          Radiator
          by MANYHERRAMIENTAS
          Hi, I would like some advice to clean the radiator without having to remove it, someone recommended me to use diluted acid, but I do not know what acid or dilution percentage Thank you
          01-01-2018, 10:40 AM
        • Mike V. Florida
          Modern radiator core design
          by Mike V. Florida
          There is a radiator manufacturer near me that advertises all types of radiator cores. While I don't need one now I thought I might take an A core down to them and see what they can offer the hobby. I don't think any of the "Model A" radiator guys sell just cores anymore and was wondering if there would be a market for just cores that you would use your tanks....
          09-26-2017, 02:27 AM
        • 2manycars
          Brassworks radiator
          by 2manycars
          Both sides of the radiator brackets have come loose from the tank.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          04-23-2018, 04:04 PM
        Working...
        X