Low Radiator Shell With No Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Radiator Shell With No Script

Stumbled onto a 17-22 low radiator shelll with no script. I do not see any reference to any shells of that era without a script in the few books I own. Does anyone have any info on when these were used? Thanks Rod
    "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

I'm thinking reproduction, made with streetrodders in mind.

Comment

It must be era vintage based on the rust. Definately not a new shiny part made in the last 50 years. Rod
      "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

Probably made on a friday and they forgot to stamp it.

Comment

At this point my thinking is that it may be from a Gleaner combine. I would need to go to Pioneer Village again to confirm this. That is the only place I can think of where a Model T era Gleaner can be found. Rod

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sunnyorm
          Original radiator shell
          sunnyorm
          '29 Martin Parry 500A
          by sunnyorm
          Well, I finely got my original radiator shell, after going thru several methods, which all proved to be unsuccessful.
          Now the background: first I bought a radiator ('28/29), which turned out to be some aftermarket from a few years back, and turned out to be 5/8" too tall, which, also, would not fit with repro commercial shell, so next, i was able to purchase an original radiator, which...
          07-11-2018, 08:31 PM
        • Art Ebeling
          Radiator shell fit
          Art Ebeling
          by Art Ebeling
          Today I was mocking up the front fenders and running board aprons to the frame to take to the body shop. I also put the radiator shell on the radiator in order to install the hood. What keeps the bottom of the radiator shell from contacting and scratching the front fender?
          09-15-2017, 06:15 PM
        • tbirdtbird
          Can anyone ID this car...not Model A related
          tbirdtbird
          Banned
          by tbirdtbird
          Make and year?
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          06-14-2017, 10:48 PM
        • ClaudeC
          Model A vs Model B radiator
          ClaudeC
          by ClaudeC
          These radiators seem to have identical inlets and outlets yet is the model B radiator different capacity/ greater heat exchange than a model A radiator?
          01-04-2018, 05:26 PM
        • 2manycars
          Observations on pulling the engine.
          2manycars
          by 2manycars
          I pulled the engine out of the tudor this morning for a refresh, and found a few surprises, and some usual nuttiness from Henry.
          Who thought of running the headlamp wires through the radiator shell should be fired. A real pain with the early headlamps that have the tiny screws attaching the wire to the insulating barrel at the headlamp connection.
          I can guess why original engine splash...
          03-30-2018, 01:15 PM
        • Cullen
          Radiator Shell Position ?
          Cullen
          Jr Member
          by Cullen
          I am building a 29 Ford Model A pickup out of pieces......cab parts here, fenders there, etc.
          I am using all Miata running gear and suspension parts but I want the truck to look like a 29 that just came out of a barn.
          Here is what I need. I am trying to locate the Height above and Distance in front of the front cross member that the stock radiator shell mounts.
          I am not using a radiator...
          01-08-2018, 08:45 AM
        • sunnyorm
          Radiator shell hole off center
          sunnyorm
          '29 Martin Parry 500A
          by sunnyorm
          I have a '28/29 radiator, when I install after market shell, which fits radiator mounts, but when inserting engine hand crank, it's off center, and will not engage with engine crank. to turn over.
          04-06-2018, 10:41 PM
        • MANYHERRAMIENTAS
          Radiator
          MANYHERRAMIENTAS
          by MANYHERRAMIENTAS
          Hi, I would like some advice to clean the radiator without having to remove it, someone recommended me to use diluted acid, but I do not know what acid or dilution percentage Thank you
          01-01-2018, 10:40 AM
        • Mike V. Florida
          Modern radiator core design
          Mike V. Florida
          by Mike V. Florida
          There is a radiator manufacturer near me that advertises all types of radiator cores. While I don't need one now I thought I might take an A core down to them and see what they can offer the hobby. I don't think any of the "Model A" radiator guys sell just cores anymore and was wondering if there would be a market for just cores that you would use your tanks....
          09-26-2017, 02:27 AM
        • 2manycars
          Brassworks radiator
          2manycars
          by 2manycars
          Both sides of the radiator brackets have come loose from the tank.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          04-23-2018, 04:04 PM
        Working...
        X