Model T driver side door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model T driver side door

I posted this on the model A forum, but I thought maybe some one here might be able to shed some light on what the door fits.

I have a door I bought some time ago thinking is was a model A pickup door. It was advertised as a model A door on eBay. I am starting to think it might fit a model T as the window stop at the bottom is different than the other pickup doors I have. The model A doors I have, have 2 window stops. The window regulator and door latch from the door appear to be the same as model A regulators and door latches. I am attaching some pictures to show what it looks like. I have heard that some late model T doors (sedan or maybe coupe) fit a model A pickup. Note: the last picture is for sure a model A CCPU/AA truck door. If anyone is knowledgeable about doors like this one, please post helpful information.
    Thanks
    Rusty Nelson

Model T driver's side door 1.JPGModel T driver's side door 2.JPGModel T driver's side door 7.JPG28-mid 30 CCPU-AA truck pass door 6.JPG

wrndln that is a 26-27 model t ford door i know they are what is on my car a model a door is different that said the skin on a model a door like that will fit on that t door inner frame if you look at my 27 t project pics I posted pics of these doors and differences need help just ask. that is a driver side door for a fordor
    Last edited by BNCHIEF; 07-07-2020, 05:48 AM.

Comment

BNCHIEF,
      Can you provide me with the link to the pictures of the model T (doors). I was pretty sure the door fit a 26/27 model T pickup and maybe other model T vehicles.
      Rusty Nelson

Comment

Yes Rusty it does fit the t pickup as well a the fordor car it will also fit an early A as well https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...fordor-project Look at the pics in this link it shows a model A door but it is different inside than a T however the outer skin is the same it is the inner frame that is different so look at the pictures I posted in the link need more help just ask.

Comment

E04441C8-67A7-44CA-A9C6-D536A04150F5.png
          Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Thanks Jeff wish mine was at that stage in the pictures I posted it clearly shows the doors and the differences I am told Budd made the fordor bodies.

Comment

Thanks BNCHIEF and JDupuis, for you responses.
              Rusty

Comment

Your welcome rusty

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• wrndln
                  Identifing a door
                  by wrndln
                  I have a door I bought some time ago thinking is was a model A pickup door. It was advertised as a model A door on eBay. I am starting to think it might fit a model T as the window stop at the bottom is different than the other pickup doors I have. The model A doors I have, have 2 window stops. The window regulator and door latch from the door appear to be the same as model A regulators and door...
                  06-30-2020, 11:42 AM
                • albjerryg
                  Passenger Door mechanics
                  by albjerryg
                  I have the 1955 Victoria just got it and trying to fix the little things wrong with it. The passenger door does not close properly. It hits like a thud. The wheel on the door is loose and the door button stays pushed in. Does any one have a good diagram or picture that shows how the door mechanic work are a site that might have it. I have ordered a new/used door latch assembly. Thanks for any help....
                  06-16-2019, 09:42 AM
                • albjerryg
                  Door aligment
                  by albjerryg
                  Having trouble aligning passenger door so it will close properly. I tried flowing the manual but it gone from bad to worse. I had an idea of losing the screws on the hinge door side then closing the door with the screws loose so the door will fit correctly. I gotten that far and door fit good now I need to get in the car with the door close and tighten the hinge screws. Does that sound crazy??????...
                  06-28-2019, 04:42 PM
                • Hawaii Pro 31
                  31 Ford Door no second click when closing
                  by Hawaii Pro 31
                  I’ve changed the striker, door latch too but it will not click two times as it closes. I, clearanced the outside of the door frame so there is space around the door and adjusted the striker a few times too. You push the door in, click but it will not click again to close the door. Is the door still contacting the body or is the striker the culprit,,,Thank you...
                  01-16-2019, 04:36 PM
                • gdaquilina
                  Door pulls- Fordoor
                  by gdaquilina
                  I'm thinking of getting some repro door pulls for my 155-C. The originals have lost much of their plating and are pitted. Are the repros of good quality and fit?...
                  02-29-2020, 05:58 PM
                • Superhart
                  Passenger Side Sliding Lock
                  by Superhart
                  I have a 1930 5-window coupe street rod. I have installed a locking door handle on the driver's side door and would like to install a sliding inside door lock on the passenger door. Has anyone done this modification? I just purchased a matched R/L locking handle set from Speedway. Is it possible to install a sliding lock on the passenger door? If anyone has any photos of the door interior metal with...
                  03-15-2020, 03:08 PM
                • donh
                  Painting the doors on a four door 170B Delux
                  by donh
                  I'm in the process of painting my A Black and Maroon. When the doors are painted on the outside does the color scheme wrap around to the door jamb? Or is the jamb painted one color
                  07-19-2018, 03:25 PM
                • pAAt
                  Door lube
                  by pAAt
                  What kind of lube should be used on door hinge pins and door opening components ? Thanks in advance.
                  08-24-2017, 07:11 AM
                • 30Pickemup
                  Door Bumpers on a Pickup
                  by 30Pickemup
                  I’m going to adjusting the cab to fit the doors and the hood now that everything is painted.
                  My issue now is to not chip the paint in the process - so I thought it would be a good idea to install the door bumpers to protect the cab and the doors.

I have the parts shown in the pictures - as the door bumper kit. (I put captions under them)
                  I figured out where the top corner...
                  02-18-2018, 06:52 PM
                • Mickey
                  Door hinge question
                  by Mickey
                  I need to replace one complete door h​​​​​inge on my coupe ( lower one) and don't see at any of the retail houses the rivets that are used where they attach to the door. What do you folks use that have done the replacement.
                  06-06-2019, 06:39 AM
                Working...
                X