X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BudP
    • May 2017
    • Oakton, VA

Great Photo

Love this photo! Might be a 1926 or 1927 T. Bet Chief would know! 73069247_549936772484571_4963320522868785152_n.jpg
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
  • Mitch
    Administrator
    • Apr 2017
    • Bucks County, PA

That is a great shot., even the storm clouds add a nice touch. It looks like George Miller's T
    1~’24 Touring, 2~’30 Tudor's, 1~’31 Tudor,
    1~’30 Coupe

Henry Ford said, "It's all nuts and bolts"
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BudP
      • May 2017
      • Oakton, VA

The old gasoline washing machine on the porch, tin sheets on part of the roof and hand-split shingles on another part, some "gingerbread" at the top of the porch pillars, glass windows still unbroken, apparently a barn outback-there's a life story here and the storm clouds convey a sense of a disappointing ending. I find black and white photography much more dramatic than color photography. There are two coffee table books of Ansul Adams photography-one in black and white and one in color. To me, the B & W is the more interesting book.

Comment

• Rob Patterson
        • Nov 2017
        • South Coast, NSW, Australia

Yes it is a nice photo.

Originally posted by BudP
        T I find black and white photography much more dramatic than color photography. There are two coffee table books of Ansul Adams photography-one in black and white and one in color. To me, the B & W is the more interesting book.
        I agree with you Bud.
        I'm an ex Navy and Public Service professional photographer, a pre-digital dinosaur.
        Another example of B&W's superiority is in movie making. The older, better B&W films used advanced lighting techniques to highlight something, usually a pretty girl, to make it stand out from whatever else was in the shot. After colour became the norm, it was the differences in the colours that was used to make something stand out, at the expense of fabulous (but time consuming) lighting, which has become an almost dead art. A girl in a red dress will stand out in an all green room, for example.

Ansell Adams is photographic GOD to me. Not only did he have a fabulous eye for composition etc, but he was technically perfect. There were a lot of very, very good photographers back then, (& not all American) but no one else came close to AA. In the 30's, using careful exposures and developing techniques, he developed the 10 step zonal range, with absolute white at 1 and the blackest of blacks at 10. In the 1990's with modern films and chemicals available and arguably the best darkrooms in the country at my disposal, I tried repeatedly to replicate those 10 zones, but could only manage 7, at best.

I have several posters of Ansell Adams work on my walls here, but I am really proud to say I have one of his originals, "Tenaya Creek, Dogwood and Rain, Yosemite" hanging in a prominent place.

Visit Yosemite and see his Gallery. He lived in the park for many years, and at one stage his darkrooms were open to the public. I was privileged to have been able to hold his easels and touch his enlargers. It was almost like walking on sacred ground.

He was more than just the best photographer in history, (my opinion) but he was also a champion pianist and an excellent mountaineer.

My apologies for the rant....its just a topic close to my heart. I'm off my soap-box now.

Cheers,
        Rob
        Last edited by Rob Patterson; 11-05-2019, 01:21 AM.
        ​"As we advance in life we learn the limits of our abilities"......HENRY FORD
        1915 Ford "T" Speedster (Evangeline), 1921 Ford "T" Tourer (Anastasia), 1955 Ford Zephyr 6 (Purdey), 1975 Triumph Dolomite Sprint (Daisy), & a couple of moderns.

Comment

• JDupuis
          • Jan 2018
          • Maryhill Ontario Canada

Nice Picture.
          Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

• AzBob
            • Jan 2018
            • Prescott, AZ

Goldfield, Nevada.

Comment

• Geary
              • Mar 2018
              • Fort Collins, CO

Great photo!

Its 1926 or a '27 for sure. A low-miles '26 coupe followed me home from Montana in the 80's, same body as the '27 version.
              Does have the large drum rearend, which is another '26-'27 spotter's clue.

Interesting that it has wood wheels with demountable rims and a wire wheel spare tire carrier that looks like its attached to an added on piece.
              The hubs are six bolt for the wood wheels and five bolts/lugs for the wires. Most '27 closed cars had wire wheels, or so the story goes.

Pure conjecture- could it be a spare wheel mount for a dust-bowl trailer made out of a rearend with wire wheels? Maybe its in the barn.

The Model T, house and sage brush conger up lots of fantasies.

Thanks for the fun picture and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Best,
              Geary

Comment

• BNCHIEF
                • May 2017
                • Great Bend Ks

I would lean toward 26 it has wood spoke demountable wheels the spare bracket on the rear would use a larger loop to hold the demountable rim it appears to have a nickle radiator with out some research it seemswire wheels were an option in 26 and 27 the cars came in colors. All the same it is nice looking George Millers T is a 25 the rear of the trunk is squared up whereas the 26 is rounded and sloped.

Comment

• Geary
                  • Mar 2018
                  • Fort Collins, CO

Sure enough Chief, good eye. The '26 Parts Book shows the spare tire carrier parts on the lower right corner, 2873 & 2873.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• BNCHIEF
                    • May 2017
                    • Great Bend Ks

Geary as you of course know the Y in the lower right hand picture you provided is for the de-mountable rims.

Comment

• Geary
                      • Mar 2018
                      • Fort Collins, CO

Yes Chief, thank you.

The corrected illustration numbers are 2872 for the mount and 2873 the de-mountable rim hanger.

Season's best,
                      geary
                      Last edited by Geary; 12-21-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• George Miller
                        RIP
                        The VFF will miss you
                        "Permanent Member"
                        • May 2017
                        • NC

Originally posted by Mitch
                        That is a great shot., even the storm clouds add a nice touch. It looks like George Miller's T
                        It sure does, I think it is the same year.

Comment

• George Miller
                          RIP
                          The VFF will miss you
                          "Permanent Member"
                          • May 2017
                          • NC

I see now the trunk is different it has more slope than mine. It also looks like it has a one pice windshield, mine has a 2 pc windshield.

Comment

• BNCHIEF
                            • May 2017
                            • Great Bend Ks

George yours is 24-25 coupe never the less that is one of the coolest cars I have ever seen.

Comment

• Mitch
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2017
                              • Bucks County, PA

Originally posted by BNCHIEF
                              George yours is 24-25 coupe never the less that is one of the coolest cars I have ever seen.
                              Amen on that
                              1~’24 Touring, 2~’30 Tudor's, 1~’31 Tudor,
                              1~’30 Coupe

Henry Ford said, "It's all nuts and bolts"
                              "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Working...