1911 brake rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 brake rods

The brake rods that came with my 1911 project are pretty much straight. The picture shown in the suppliers catalogs show a couple of bends in them . What should they look like? Art
    Attached Files

If they do not have to clear anything Art you want them straight so you get an even pull on the brakes imo.

Comment

This is from a Langs catalog. rods.jpg

Comment

I would assume those bends go at the back on the rear end i would think that those from Langs are correct, yours may have been made by someone in the past i could look at my 1919 but i doubt they would be similar at all.

Comment

Art,
          Being the owner of 2 mid year T's, knowing that there were so many changes over the years and having very little knowledge of the earlier cars like yours, I wasn't going to answer this.
          But after seeing your pic taken from Langs cattle-dog, I'll stick my neck out.
          Langs are usually spot on with their descriptions and its my belief that the straight rods you have are for the '26-'27 cars.
          BN Chief is correct in that the dipped/bent part goes towards the rear so as to clear the rear radius rods.
          I had to modify the ones (I bought from Langs) on my Speedster (with a bigger dip/bend) because the rear axle and the radius rods were so much closer to the frame.
          Yep, what Langs cattle-dog says is correct......I think.
          Cheers,
          Rob
          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." "HENRY FORD
          1915 Ford "T" Speedster (Evangeline), 1921 Ford "T" Tourer (Anastasia), 1955 Ford Zephyr 6 (Purdey), 1975 Triumph Dolomite Sprint (Daisy), & a couple of moderns.

Comment