Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new to me model T

just got this home today

after doing 25 Model A,s this is my first T. It is a 1923 coupe.

Comment

• BudP
      BudP commented
      Editing a comment
      Boy oh boy George, you love a challenge. Bet next year you will post this as a video and running!

• George Miller
      George Miller commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope to have it done by then.

Will you be starting restoration soon?

Comment

• George Miller
      George Miller commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes next week.

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      You move fast!
      Looking forward to pictures of the progress.

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your vision and enthusiasm

Looking forward to the process

• George Miller
      George Miller commented
      Editing a comment
      not sure it will stay stock, it all depends. If it changes to model A engine and running gear I will move to the hot rod page.

Ya know George, with just a little buffing I bet that could really shine!!

Look forward to the pics of your progress. Wish I had room to do that.
    VFF Recruiter

"We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing ...
    NEVER Be The First To Get Old!" Pilfered from the MAFC SA Newsletter

I JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

"Why so Serious?"

Comment

first on the list is get some wheels on it. then replace the bad wood. a wood kit is 3,000 dollars so I will be making my own. See if I get it to run.

Comment

Wow, you are really talented to fix that, and it is good to see someone bringing that old car back to life!

A Model A engine? Why not keep it T? If you plan to run it hard get a SCAT STROKER crank which is basically a Model A crank for a T, a Stipe 280 cam, and a Prus high compression head. I have one set up like that with a , shhhhhhhh, Stromberg 81 carburetor. I would guess that this has more HP than a standard A engine, but I know nothing of A engines. With this engine you can put the 3:1 gears in the rear and easily run 60 mph.

Whatever, lots of pictures of your build would be good to see! Please post what you run into as you go along as that could help others, like me.

Comment

Great to see that another T will be brought back to life. Best of luck on the restoration.

Comment

Put two 19 inch Model A wheels on the back. Now to do some thing to the front. The wheels burned up in a fire the same one that my 31 roadster was in. Lucky the car was out side.

Comment

Got the front wheels on today, then rolled it into the garage. Now to start replacing the wood.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                Tom Hicks commented
                Editing a comment
                Pictures sure would be nice...

IMG_2420.JPGIMG_2424.JPG What I did today Removed the body from the frame, IMG_2421.JPG

Comment

Best of luck with the new T, great looking body, do we get to vote on a name for her?

Comment

The wheels burned up in a fire the same one that my 31 roadster was in. Lucky the car was out side.

"Fireball:"

Comment

• George Miller
                  George Miller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is a interesting name

The "Phoenix" as this bird will rise from the ashes to live again. .

Comment

Great pictures! You have a nice set up to do that work. And that car has a great patina, a clear coat to stop the rust but not hide it would look good. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Comment

Hephaestus

Greek God of Fire and Metalworking. Hephaestus was the god of fire, metalworking, stone masonry, forges and the art of sculpture. He was the son of Zeus and Hera and married to Aphrodite by Zeus to prevent a war of the gods fighting for her hand.

This could be a very appropriate name but I don't know how to pronounce it, Lol I'll bet there aren't many T's Named "Hephaestus"
                    Last edited by Bobm90; 10-05-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• George Miller
                      George Miller commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would have to have a recording to say it. I have enough trouble with names as it is. That is tough one.

IMG_2432.JPGIMG_2432.JPG made the wooden sub rails today.

Comment

It looks like you know what you are doing. I will be building a speedster after I finish my present project , a TT. I will be building a wood body for the TT too. Please keep posting pictures. I know it takes time to take the pictures and post them, but it really brings alive what you are doing and could help others in the future.

Where did you get the design for the sub rails?

Comment

• George Miller
                        George Miller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        there was enough left of the driver side to get a good idea how they should be.

sub rails are in, but lots of wood working left to do. They sure made the body a lot more solid.

Comment

George you are for sure a talented guy !!

Comment

• AzBob
                          AzBob commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My hat is off to George as well. Wood is one of the reasons I got rid of my ’26 Buick. The body was loaded with complex wood shapes that needed replacing.

I don’t have the necessary woodworking machinery or skills for such an undertaking.
                          Last edited by AzBob; 10-12-2018, 11:27 AM.

Found 4 nice fender for my coupe at Hersey. Now to get back to finishing the wood.

Comment

Went to send the title in today, then started the wood work on the top. will take some pictures of the wood when I get a little more of the wood done.

Comment