• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related Topics

Collapse

• pAAt
    Multi Disc Clutch Info
    by pAAt
    I have the chance to buy this setup and it would have been originally in my truck. Question is, would this be as reliable of a clutch as the newer single disc ? Thanks, Pat
    02-28-2018, 09:37 PM
  • Steve Plucker
    Converting MD Clutch to a SD Clutch system...
    by Steve Plucker
    Has anyone ever converted a Multi-Disc Clutch system to a Single Disc Clutch system on a 1928 Model A/AA Ford YET maintain that 1928 look on the outside of the chassis???

If so, just what is the procedure to do so?

Could it be wrote up to include in this fourm???

Thanks.

Pluck
    11-10-2018, 10:35 AM
  • Chuck Sea/Tac
    Can’t disengage clutch
    by Chuck Sea/Tac
    New clutch plate, good pressure plate and flywheel. Worked good before I pulled engine and tranny for freshen up and repairs.i adjusted pp at just .010” over 11/16”.it grinds gears( all new) and if I get in gear, the car is shuddering trying to move, with the clutch pedal in.Right now, the free play needs to be loosened a turn or two on the trunion. The clutch was purchased from brattons about...
    02-16-2020, 06:05 PM
  • Paul K.
    Clutch Disc F150 3spd w/OD
    by Paul K.
    I need a Clutch Disc for the F150 Transmission Input Shaft. Need 9"dia, 10 teeth spline and 1 1/6" shaft to install with a Model A Clutch and Throw Out Bearing on Model A Flywheel.
    The hole for the Torsion Spring hub on the Model A Pressure Plate is 5" dia.
    Folks say use 86 TBird 2.3L 4cyl Turbo, but that hub is about 5 3/4" dia. Have learned that are using the...
    03-14-2018, 03:57 PM
  • canadian
    clutch chattter
    by canadian
    describe clutch chatter in a Model A. symptoms and sounds
    05-06-2019, 07:05 AM
  • pAAt
    Multi clutch Trans
    by pAAt
    Picked up a complete multi trans from flywheel to u-joint and all looks great except for the ring gear. I'm sure that's why they pulled it and lucky for me. The ring gear might be able to be flipped (worn about half way through), but I'll replace it. Anyone know if they're all the same as a single disc flywheel ? I found out today they are the same ring gear. I was told the clutch pack looks very...
    04-27-2018, 02:42 PM
  • pAAt
    early 28 multi disc clutch package
    by pAAt
    I have the chance to buy this setup and it would have been originally in my truck. Question is, would this be as reliable of a clutch as the newer single disc ? Thanks, Pat...
    02-28-2018, 09:37 PM
  • Steve Plucker
    (Problem Solved) Multi-Disc Clutch Pack
    by Steve Plucker
    After assembly of the Multi-Disc Clutch Pack, I have about 1/4 inch movement up and down of the clutch discs within the assembled pack.

Is that normal? First time with this.

Thanks.

Pluck
    04-07-2020, 11:46 PM
  • Paul K.
    10 inch clutch disc on Mode; A Clutch
    by Paul K.
    Has anyone ran a 10 inch clutch disc on a 9 inch Model A Clutch? If so, any problems?...
    08-18-2018, 01:14 PM
  • Bill CNC
    Clutch, ... only for a little bit, then nothing
    by Bill CNC
    Hello All,

I have a new pressure plate and clutch with about 200 miles on it. I noticed it was acting funny and started chattering so I pulled it out and saw a hot spot on the freshly resurfaced flywheel and one matching opposing spot on the pressure plate. I sanded both sides of the disc, and both the pressure plate and flywheel and put her all back together.

Now, I have...
    10-18-2019, 07:26 PM
Working...
X