X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOOD PICTURES.. Various body styles

Wood reference pics

The pics contained within this thread are solely the property of the VFF

photo1.jpgphoto2.jpgphoto3.jpgdebafc5e.jpge4ddaf20ecfafe7fc7458750d1c3fea8_zpsa191d4e9.jpg
    3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
    Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

30 tudor wood ref pics

c0736a2a.jpgcfc8f70f.jpgd632d44f.jpgdc9b98c0.jpgd32e7fcee629f9b5e2805fa7497ca673_zps6c4eb20e.jpg
    3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
    Henry Ford said,
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

30 tudor wood ref pics

0702b009.jpg
      9574f6cd.jpg

24105b45.jpg
      46881aef.jpg
      bca78ef509d50b2384cd6e8e6d9a8b16_zpsb572be76.jpg
      3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
      Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

30 tudor wood pics

313_zpsf4fb5ba6.jpg312_zps7508ce52.jpg315_zps1fa6ade4.jpg516e3cd4.jpg362a24ed.jpg
        3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
        Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

30 tudor wood pics

317_zpsb9fdfda3.jpg311_zpsf9709eaf.jpg309_zps2e629779.jpg316_zps5f63fc62.jpg310_zpsf0eb30d8.jpg
          3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
          Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

30 tudor wood pics

293_zpsfc7f2025.jpg296_zps4fb80511.jpg294_zps46d9d4b9.jpg292_zpsd3223568.jpg295_zps29df3f8d.jpg
            3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
            Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

30 tudor wood pics

290_zpsb191062a.jpg291_zpsc4125f1c.jpg289_zps7dbcd55b.jpg276_zps35144c36.jpg274_zpsbf5f5883.jpg
              3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
              Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

30 Tudor wood pics

0de684d0.jpg002_zps2d21c4ad.jpg003_zps7fb80b09.jpg001_zps47d9670d.jpg
                3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
                Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Hey Mitch, Great pics. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Hey Mitch, that is the best detailed wood pictures I have seen, I have been looking for something like this for a reference a while. thanks for sharing

Comment

Mitch, do most buy the wood parts, or make their own? I am working on my rolling chassis and my intentions are to find a tudor body. We have a large woodshop and a sawmill. I would love to pattern these out and make some parts. I know they get expensive from the vendors.

Comment

Most people do not have the skill, time or resources to make their own wood, this includes me. Classic Wood makes a decent kit for the Tudor that fits pretty damn well IMO with minimal adjustments. The cost of the Tudor wood is also very reasonable compared to the full wooded bodied fordors. By all means if you want to do it and have the resources go for it why not. I did save all the wood out of my car so if there are pieces you need to pattern i would be willing to send them to you.

http://www.classicwoodproductsllc.com/
                        3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
                        Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

No kit in my experience will fit your car perfectly, however I have a brother who is a cabinet maker and he does my woodwork and we completely rewooded a 1927 ford fordor will get some pics of that. He has talent and skill I am just related which works out nice for me.

Comment

first off nice pictures. after doing a few tudors, and making all the wood for the cars. I would say buy a kit, unless you do wood work and just want to do it. The price for kit is cheap if you count your labor cost. It will take a lot of time to make all the wood.

Comment

• Mitch
                              Mitch commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Agree 100% with George and the fit from classic wood is really good

George is right about that and I rewooded a 25 coupe model t's varied in their wood construction, since the wood in my 27 was dry rotted we still had good patterns, as for my brother it is something he loves to do.

Comment

Mitch that is nice almost too pretty to cover up.

Comment

29 Tudor

Here are some pictures of the rear inside of my 2-23-29 Tudor.
                                Notice my car has both the slot and bracket to fasten the top of the rear seat.
                                This was built during the transition from the slot to the bracket, so mine still has the slot.
                                Notice the sound deadening pads and the amount of body color that they received.
                                It wasn't until I removed my outside door handle that I saw the original Rose Beige paint and orange pinstripe.
                                Notice the last picture shows the bolt that fastens the bottom of the backrest, and part of the backrest has broken and is still with the bolt.

Original Thread
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

28 Tudor

Here are some pictures that should help show the location of the metal brackets for the rear side panels. My early 29 Tudor came with the upholstery all removed, and I always wondered where the 2 curved thin metal channels went. This picture shows them as supports for the lower part of the side quarter panel.
                                  The thing I question is that long screw poking down from the corner bracket. Going over a big bump, that screw could be a head hazard.

Original Thread
                                  This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I noticed that no one ever treated the wood linseed oil or marine varnish before installing wood, I have never done it myself it appears that Bent does do this. any pro's cons or like me just got excited and never did it.

Comment

• Bill G
                                      Bill G commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Has anyone answered this question about treating the wood? I am at the point of going to be doing the final fitting and sanding for uniformity, etc, and it seems logical to treat the wood after all the adjusting is done, but it sure did not look like the 89-year old wood was ever treated.....

This gallery has 9 photos.

Comment

• DaWizard
                                      DaWizard commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Well, it's a Fordor for sure, but can we get just a wee bit more info Terry?

• Mitch
                                      Mitch commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Wiz he just loves posting pics and is having a good time. He was never able to before

Nice work Terry

Great Pictures thanks for sharing, always new stuff to learn !!
                                    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” (Will Rogers).

Comment

• plyfor
                                      plyfor commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      yes, '29 , not '30, early '31 . Note cowl lite locations, rear pillars, firewall, etc. Folks are lucky to have a shop like Brent's in their area which likes to work on classics, especially Model A's .

29 Tudor top wood pics!
                                    This gallery has 9 photos.

Comment

190A Victoria Steel back wood pics

The rear seat armrest supports are not installed in the inside picture.
                                      This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment