Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motor Oil Weight Poll & Which Engine Oil to use Info!!

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Oldgearz
    Motor Oil
    by Oldgearz
    Hate to start a fight, but does anyone here use PennGrade SAE 40 in their A?
    01-26-2021, 12:22 PM
  • EJR8402
    Type of Oil - Zinc additives - brands?
    by EJR8402
    I need to do an oil change on my '59 T-Bird with the 352 V8. I've done some research about the type of oil needed and it seems that these old flat tappet cammed engines should probably have oil with zinc additives.

The prior owner of the car just recommended plain old motor oil, 10W-30. I'm sure that's fine if it's barely driven, but I do want to get it out a bit.

So what...
    05-22-2021, 02:53 PM
  • Gary D
    Shell Rotella 15w40 T6 motor oil
    by Gary D
    Thoughts on Shell Rotella 15w40 T6 motor oil for good running Model A engine?
    03-08-2021, 08:30 AM
  • BillEbob
    Back in the day . . . 30W30!
    by BillEbob
    Why is it that so many in our hobby have gone to multi weight oils rather the “straight weight” oils we used in Ford vehicles in the’50’s & ‘60’s any even early ’70’s??

I clearly remember using straight weight oils in Fords and multi weight in GM cars.

My Vicky “sprouted” oil pan leaks after switching to synthetic oil. Torquing the oil pan bolts didn’t...
    10-18-2021, 11:08 PM
  • rrich1
    Favorite oil for hand held oil can?
    by rrich1
    What oil do you use for a hand held oil can to lube the various parts on the model A? Also do you use an antique oiler or a new one? The ladder is more curiosity than anything....
    10-08-2019, 07:29 PM
  • bosticjb
    Oil
    by bosticjb
    What oil does everybodyuse in their A been told Valvoline ZR1 is good...
    02-18-2022, 03:23 PM
  • Leo
    Diesel Oil and The Model A Ford???
    by Leo
    There is a lot of "noise" going on at that other site regarding using diesel oil like Shell Rotella 15-40W in the Model A Ford engine. Many swear by it and others cite articles which have appeared in posts and on club sites which advise against it. However, I've yet to see a scintilla of evidence by any owners that claim an engine has actually been damaged through the use of diesel oil....
    03-26-2018, 03:29 PM
  • BNCHIEF
    Oil and the changes manufacturers are doing per the epa.
    by BNCHIEF
    This is not to say anything bad about any oil or brand just some info to consider.http://www.restore-an-old-car.com/be...ssic-cars.html They are taking all the zddp out of the oil we run. Right now I have delo 400LE, being discontinued, I also have shell rotella T-4 both are 15/40 these still have the zddp in the higher concentration. You can also buy zddp https://www.thoughtco.com/...
    09-07-2017, 07:41 AM
  • bosticjb
    oil
    by bosticjb
    Whats the oil of choice for a 28 A...
    07-23-2020, 04:41 PM
  • Standing Elk
    Not the normal oil question
    by Standing Elk
    Let's see if I can remember enough of what I was told to ask this question. Apparently the EPA mandated the removal or maybe the addition of some component to motor oil?? I was told that the new formula now carries an additional code and that it should NOT be used in our motors. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks
    03-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Working...
X