1928 Solid Front Motor Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1928 Solid Front Motor Mount

Here are a couple pictures showing my 1928 solid front motor mount.
    Notice the pulley shown is an aftermarket stamped steel pulley, and not an original cast iron 3 spoke pulley.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Do your hands get a little numb after about a half hour continuous driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis View Post
      Do your hands get a little numb after about a half hour continuous driving?
      No, it feels the same as the spring mount Model A's.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Big guy
        Motor Mounts?
        by Big guy
        It may be fundamental but...without any symptoms or problems with the engine or performance, my hand crank no longer lines up with the crank pulley. The pulley is now lower. I can't see any issues with the mounts. What am I missing?...
        05-11-2020, 07:26 PM
      • old31
        New type front motor mount what do you think?
        by old31
        Has anyone tried these motor mounts and if so what are your thoughts?

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/P...earchByKeyword
        07-20-2019, 08:51 AM
      • Tom Bellfoy
        installing new front float-a-motor
        by Tom Bellfoy
        Tuesday I will be installing new front and rear float-a-motor mounts in my model A truck. It would appear that most owners install just the rear mounts, however I purchased both front and rear sets with plans to install both sets. Motor is already installed with the steel mounts.
        Has anyone here ever installed the front mounts and if so how high would the motor have to be raised in order to...
        06-18-2017, 07:17 PM
      • pAAt
        AA solid engine mount front crossmember
        by pAAt
        I was wondering if anyone had a picture of the AA solid engine mount front crossmember or a site that has them ? I thought mine had been cut down, but it seems the whole thing was replaced at some time. I need to get a good solid mount for my AA, are they the same as the A ? Seems to be heavier gage steel, but I'm not sure. Pat
        04-27-2018, 05:20 PM
      • Mickey
        Pulling front engine mount. Question
        by Mickey
        Can I pull the front engine mount off to replace the mount springs without removing the crackshaft pully. In other words can I get it under the pully for removal?
        12-15-2017, 12:19 PM
      • Chuck Sea/Tac
        Engine vibration
        by Chuck Sea/Tac
        I have had a annoying vibration at an idle sometimes and around 1000 RPM roughly. It doesn’t seem to matter up or down this has been going on for a couple of years.. I recently noticed that my engine had dropped in the front and the crank wouldn’t go in.at this point the vibration was barely noticeable. I ordered new springs and lifted the engine up replace the front engine mount Springs and...
        01-10-2019, 07:10 PM
      • Mitch
        Front Engine Mount
        by Mitch
        02-16-2020, 10:14 PM
      • Captndan
        motor mounts
        by Captndan
        New touring engine. original mounts float a motor?
        07-21-2019, 02:53 PM
      • Ed Northrop
        Front Motor Mount
        by Ed Northrop
        I replaced the springs and spring plate under the front motor mount. I installed the new plate and leather washer and there is a void about a 1/8" left over between the spring plate and bottom of the mount. Is this correct and I did not notice the space before. I have tried 2 different springs and plate from 2 different venders. It seems like the bottom of the mount, leather washer and spring...
        02-11-2018, 08:34 PM
      • DaWizard
        Float-a-Motor
        by DaWizard
        Hey Bill, you awake yet?

I am wondering, yesterday I installed the FaM from Bratton's, the ductile steel one, and noticed that the far rear mount has an barely interference fit to the cross member.

Dig into your FaM memory and tell me about how much weight, if any, should be on the cross member?

I have the ability to make a spacer thick enough to make the friction
        10-15-2017, 10:10 AM
      Working...
      X