Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restoration question,...Top Upholstery..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration question,...Top Upholstery..

Rusty Nelson and I are trying to figure out "locktite", "split hidum" and "wire-on" as well as "edge binding" as to were they go, which cars?
    How are they used? Is there a book,...or did I miss it in the JS's...?

The pictures of these are in the JS's on page 9-3 of the 2016 revision...

Thanks,
    Dudley

d.j,
    You probably don't want to hear this, BUT Vermin has NO raingutters, only HIDE-EM-WELT! Looks good & no one ever criticized them. ("Maybe" they jist felt SORRY fer me?)
    Pathetic Willy Bill

Comment

DJ, might be best to e-mail Marco and ask him. I have often wondered also, but did not want to seem the fool. I honestly can say the interior and top terminology baffle me. Since that stuff will be near the last of my restoration I have not even begun to figure it out. Possibly report back if you get an answer we can get our minds around or atleast know where to look for these details for our body styles. Thanks Rod
      Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Comment

Does this help anyone? bindings3.jpgbinding2.jpgBinding1.jpg

Comment

Mark, that's an amazing job of getting the grain of the welt to match perfectly to the angle of the top material.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• CM2
              Krylon overhaul rant
              by CM2
              Its amazing to me how many people do krylon overhauls on engines.Who get into an engine repair,post pictures and ask questions,then when faced with a response to their question they dont like choose to ignore the advice.They pull the oil pan and head,rant and rave about the sludge they found,ask why their valves sit low in the seats and post pictures of cylinder walls that look like fun house mirrors,then...
              03-31-2018, 08:32 AM
            • Dennis
              Upholstery material
              by Dennis
              Who has the best matching upholstery material available? After discovering the correct material on my rear seat and comparing it to the samples from a year ago that I received from LeBaron Bonney, they don't match. The LB sample looks blue with a gray hairline while my seat material looks gray with a blue hairline. I know there are others out there that have kits and materials available, so I'd...
              04-12-2018, 04:39 PM
            • Fixitphil
              Pointers on 1st time Tour Leader
              by Fixitphil
              I need some pointers on leading a Model A a one day tour for the first time. About 180 miles round trip.
              Thanks, Phil
              02-01-2018, 04:39 PM
            • Fredski
              Thanks Bill Williamson. emailed bill to find out why Mitch was not posting on **.
              by Fredski
              bill gave me this location VFF

FRED
              08-04-2017, 01:39 PM
            • BNCHIEF
              Car insurance for our cars.
              by BNCHIEF
              I do not mean this to be a bashing thread so please don't just trying to put together some ideas and a guideline, if good mention it if negative feel free to mention that as well but give reasons why. This is what I am looking at and I know all states have minimums so it depends on where you live. I want to insure the following.

1930 model a (insured with American family valued at 10000...
              02-17-2018, 10:48 AM
            • donh
              aluminum top molding for a 30 170B 4 door
              by donh
              Have tried to bend the molding around the rear corners of the top but can't keep it from twisting. How is it done? Donh
              11-03-2018, 09:48 PM
            • DaWizard
              The Cooling System.
              by DaWizard
              As some of you might know or have figured, I have been doing extensive work to my cooling system to get it into an optimal performance situation.

Well, the question came up if was I using antifreeze? Well, I haven't been, and since to clean my filter I need to drain a gallon off the top, I figured it's easier and much cheaper to run water and some rust inhibitor. We all know the problems
              08-18-2017, 02:43 PM
            Working...
            X