Color of paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color of paint?

What should the color of the paint be on the letters, "F O R D", on the stainless steel emblem on the 1931 radiator shell?
    Thanks, Phil

black as far as I know.....
    not sure i ever saw it any different

Comment

Thanks Tbird, I think you're right. I've had suggestions of red, blue or....................!

Comment

I'd want Jim Mason to chime in here

Comment

My 31 Slant Town Sedan is black, and it's an original car.

Comment

Thanks Guys. Black it is.
            Phil

Comment

Page 15-9 RG & JS

Read carefully, some of the early 31's used blue paint

"""With the introduction of the 1931 design shell the
              emblem was changed to a stainless steel stamping with
              black paint in the Ford script and oval recesses.
              The 1930
              design shell as well as commercial shells continued to use
              the vitreous enamel emblem. Some stamped emblems used
              in late 1930 through March 1931 had blue paint instead of
              black in the Ford script and oval recesses.""
              3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
              Henry Ford said,
              "It's all nuts and bolts"
              "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Fixitphil
                Fixitphil commented
                Editing a comment
                I see Mitch. I've already painted it black and it was not easy to do with a slightly shaky hand.
                Maybe blue later when I have more time. I'm trying to get Baby roadworthy for a St Patty's Day Parade scheduled by the club that I'm the 2018 pres. of.
                Thanks anyway for the info.
                Phil

Related Topics

Collapse

• wendell
              Paint Color Change
              by wendell
              I believe the black paint on my '28 roadster is original, and that black was not a standard color in '28, but could be ordered from the factory as a special request. Do the judging rules allow for changing the original factory paint color to another standard color? I'm guessing that the original body paint color is not traceable; is that correct? I want to stay within the rules. Pls comment....
              03-16-2021, 05:45 PM
            • DBaldwin
              Prepping stainless steel radiator shell for painting
              by DBaldwin
              A question to the paint gurus, is there anything special I should know prior to painting the stainless radiator shell black? Or do I follow the same rules as any other metal surface? Sand, prime, sand, wipe with wax and grease remover, paint, clearcoat.
              06-15-2021, 08:08 PM
            • Ezl3517@comcast.net
              Paint
              by [email protected]
              Where’s the best place to order touch up paint ?
              05-21-2019, 06:48 PM
            • carolinamudwalker
              Black paint
              by carolinamudwalker
              I need to paint the panels just above the running boards. The fenders have been painted with a base coat/clear coat. My problem is I don't want to buy a gallon of paint. I think it was Tom W. that recommended a very black paint from one of the auto parts stores but I could not find that thread. I prefer a paint with a hardener for spraying. Any suggestions?
              02-17-2019, 01:22 PM
            • Jpc67
              Paint Color? Sorry I hope this is not a too trivial
              by Jpc67
              Super thanks to everyone !! I’m now in the process of lubing and checking/replacing fluids. By the way assuming mine is paint correct....what is the color? A couple places I have looked are showing 2 different greens? Would like to get a little for touch up etc.. also are these Lacquer paints?
              08-06-2020, 09:30 PM
            • MickyDC
              Paint chip chart
              by MickyDC
              Where can you get a paint chip chart for the 1928-1930 Model A Roadster....
              05-04-2021, 06:06 PM
            • wrndln
              Saving PPG Concept paint
              by wrndln
              Now and then when I paint with PPG Concept paint, I make a little to much. As many of you know, this paint is big $$$. I am wondering if the mixed paint with catalyst can be refrigerated and used later, like maybe a day or two later. I don't want to try this and have a mess if it doesn't work. If anyone has done this, please post your experience.
              Thanks
              Rusty Nelson
              07-13-2020, 12:09 AM
            • Bobm90
              Paint in "Rattle Cans"
              by Bobm90
              I have always used paint in so-called rattle cans whenever painting metal objects was desired due mostly to the fact I never had a desire to own paint spraying equipment or had something large enough to require it, also I have - NO SKILLS. Although many people use good old Rustoleum I have never been a fan because it takes forever to dry to the touch, always seems soft unless it drys for days, scrapes...
              02-27-2020, 10:32 AM
            • Fordfan29
              1917 paint gloss question
              by Fordfan29
              How much gloss did the original 1917 'T' paint have from the factory? Was the paint lacquer? What is an acceptable substitute type of paint for lacquer? How was it applied to the fenders & to the body?

I'd appreciate any information to keep this car as close to original as possible, even though it will be a driver....
              01-28-2020, 02:19 AM
            • greenhornet
              1931 grill shell paint for recesses.
              by greenhornet
              Mine is black on a Kewannee green car was painted grills an option? I searched online for pictures and cannot believe how many '31 Model A's are covered up with the stainless steel guard. Either pretty popular or felt necessary I guess.
              01-20-2019, 04:06 PM
            Working...
            X