Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the only nice bearing used in the model a (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the only nice bearing used in the model a (I think)

Where was it used and when?

20171004_171048-1.jpg
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

That bearing looks familure. Rod
    "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

It reminds me of the multiplate throw out bearing, but this one looks too thick with 2 rows of ball bearings.
      I'll have to look at my multiplate bearing again.

Comment

It is the multi plate throwout
        http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

• Rowdy
          Rowdy commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to buy that one from the Aussies. Actually bought 5 of them and would have bought more at their price. Sold it to Jim at cost for helping me sort out things with the rdstr pu. Rod

• Rowdy
          Rowdy commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a lead on aquiring more of these. Details when I hear back. Rod

Is that the elusive "Muffler Bearing"?
        Alaskan A's
        Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
        Model A Ford Club of America
        Model A Restorers Club
        Antique Automobile Club of America
        Mullins Owners Club

Comment

ALL bearings are made NICE, by NICE people, using NICE machinery.
          Bill Nice

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
            BILL WILLIAMSON commented
            Editing a comment
            VOLVO means "It Rolls"---Originally, they were a Ball Bearing Company!
            Dad Archive

Related Topics

Collapse

• 1930 Closed Cab PU
          Generator Armature issues
          by 1930 Closed Cab PU
          Wrote the below and just went out to the garage to look again - I was confused on the below - so never mind for now, need to get the bearing off to see what I have - something to do tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought a used armature to repair a bearing/bushing generator with a bad shaft under the bearing....
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          05-22-2019, 07:01 PM
        • dmdeaton
          Rebuilding Throwout Bearing
          by dmdeaton
          Anything special about replacing bearing on throwout assembly? Press on, press off?
          05-20-2018, 07:40 PM
        • BTERRY1
          throw out bearing replacement
          by BTERRY1
          In prep for getting my engine back, I want to swap the throw out bearing. I read a puller is required for this, and a press to replace. Any puller recommendations or shade tree hacks??

thank you

Brian...
          08-23-2021, 12:04 PM
        • Chuck Sea/Tac
          Front generator bearing
          by Chuck Sea/Tac
          What's the front generator bearing. I'm thinking 6203?? With the metric I'd?...
          06-14-2017, 08:42 PM
        • BudP
          Throwout Bearing/Pilot Bearing Issue Diagnosis
          by BudP
          Over the years I have had two throwout bearings go on me, one with bad consequences because I tried to drive home rather than call AAA. This Saturday I will be helping an acquaintance diagnosis what he believes is a transmission noise that is getting worse. Below is a diagnostic/remedy process I now follow. Feel free to criticize, amend, etc.:

TRANSMISSION NOISE
          FORD MODEL A...
          02-07-2018, 06:56 PM
        • Tacoma Bob
          U-joint and throw out bearing.
          by Tacoma Bob
          While the engine is out for rebuilding I thought it would be a good idea to replace both the U-joint and throw out bearing. I did a search here and wondering which vendors sell
          quality stuff. Thanks, TB
          11-15-2021, 07:29 PM
        • Old Ford
          Release bearing vibration
          by Old Ford
          Some help. What is the specification for the height of the fingers of the pressure on a F100 1973. How do I adjust them. The pressure is the larger one. Have already taken it for engineering but the height still ain't correct. It seems like the release bearing is vibrating....
          01-04-2019, 08:05 AM
        • fmr187
          front inner wheel bearing
          by fmr187
          got some new wheel bearings (Timken) and when I went to put on the inner it wouldn't go all the way onto the spindle. I took the old one and it wouldn't go all the way on either until I rotated it around on the spindle. Then it slid right on nice. The new one isn't doing this. How tight a fit should there be with the bearing and the spindle? Should I put pressure on the new bearing to get it all the...
          02-29-2020, 02:09 PM
        • 1930 Closed Cab PU
          2 Used Generators
          by 1930 Closed Cab PU
          Took two used 2 generators apart.

#1 - Was the generator on a previous post "Motor Noise", the generator was the source of the noise, and it also varied the amperage output even though the 3rd brush had not been adjusted. This is a early 2 bearing generator. This was a non-refurbed, worked when pulled from car/motor Ebay special. Paid $35 or $50 for it, do not remember. ...
          05-11-2019, 06:31 PM
        • Cape Codder
          Timken Outer Front Wheel Bearing P/N
          by Cape Codder
          Does anyone have a Timken OUTER Front Wheel Bearing P/N?...
          08-21-2020, 02:51 PM
        Working...
        X