Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the only nice bearing used in the model a (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related Topics

Collapse

• GRutter
    Burtz Flywheel - Pilot Bearing
    GRutter
    by GRutter
    In the builders guide, Terry writes

"The new flywheel does not come with a pilot bearing because some people prefer the porous bronze oil impregnated bushing while others prefer a ball bearing."

I have never seen a bronze bushing used in lieu of a pilot bearing, in 57 years of A ownership.
    But bearing quality has become so questionable that I was looking for...
    01-17-2022, 10:55 PM
  • 1930 Closed Cab PU
    Generator Armature issues
    1930 Closed Cab PU
    Self Banished, on FB
    by 1930 Closed Cab PU
    Wrote the below and just went out to the garage to look again - I was confused on the below - so never mind for now, need to get the bearing off to see what I have - something to do tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought a used armature to repair a bearing/bushing generator with a bad shaft under the bearing....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    05-22-2019, 08:01 PM
  • dmdeaton
    Rebuilding Throwout Bearing
    dmdeaton
    by dmdeaton
    Anything special about replacing bearing on throwout assembly? Press on, press off?
    05-20-2018, 08:40 PM
  • BTERRY1
    throw out bearing replacement
    BTERRY1
    by BTERRY1
    In prep for getting my engine back, I want to swap the throw out bearing. I read a puller is required for this, and a press to replace. Any puller recommendations or shade tree hacks??

thank you

Brian...
    08-23-2021, 01:04 PM
  • Chuck Sea/Tac
    Front generator bearing
    Chuck Sea/Tac
    by Chuck Sea/Tac
    What's the front generator bearing. I'm thinking 6203?? With the metric I'd?...
    06-14-2017, 09:42 PM
  • BudP
    Throwout Bearing/Pilot Bearing Issue Diagnosis
    BudP
    by BudP
    Over the years I have had two throwout bearings go on me, one with bad consequences because I tried to drive home rather than call AAA. This Saturday I will be helping an acquaintance diagnosis what he believes is a transmission noise that is getting worse. Below is a diagnostic/remedy process I now follow. Feel free to criticize, amend, etc.:

TRANSMISSION NOISE
    FORD MODEL A...
    02-07-2018, 07:56 PM
  • Tacoma Bob
    U-joint and throw out bearing.
    Tacoma Bob
    by Tacoma Bob
    While the engine is out for rebuilding I thought it would be a good idea to replace both the U-joint and throw out bearing. I did a search here and wondering which vendors sell
    quality stuff. Thanks, TB
    11-15-2021, 08:29 PM
  • Old Ford
    Release bearing vibration
    Old Ford
    Jr Member
    by Old Ford
    Some help. What is the specification for the height of the fingers of the pressure on a F100 1973. How do I adjust them. The pressure is the larger one. Have already taken it for engineering but the height still ain't correct. It seems like the release bearing is vibrating....
    01-04-2019, 09:05 AM
  • fmr187
    front inner wheel bearing
    fmr187
    Jr Member
    by fmr187
    got some new wheel bearings (Timken) and when I went to put on the inner it wouldn't go all the way onto the spindle. I took the old one and it wouldn't go all the way on either until I rotated it around on the spindle. Then it slid right on nice. The new one isn't doing this. How tight a fit should there be with the bearing and the spindle? Should I put pressure on the new bearing to get it all the...
    02-29-2020, 03:09 PM
  • 1930 Closed Cab PU
    2 Used Generators
    1930 Closed Cab PU
    Self Banished, on FB
    by 1930 Closed Cab PU
    Took two used 2 generators apart.

#1 - Was the generator on a previous post "Motor Noise", the generator was the source of the noise, and it also varied the amperage output even though the 3rd brush had not been adjusted. This is a early 2 bearing generator. This was a non-refurbed, worked when pulled from car/motor Ebay special. Paid $35 or $50 for it, do not remember. ...
    05-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Working...
X