Early rumble seat hinges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early rumble seat hinges

Is there any difference in the rumble lid hinges, between early '28 and later? Somewhere in the past I seem to recall this being discussed, and there was a difference. Appreciate any concrete evidence.

Yes hey were forged and they used a screw type of bolt. I did up pics and show you

Comment

Yes, this topic came up in December.

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...ets#post211985

Comment

Thanks guys, that answers it clearly. Anyone have a spare set?
        Does anyone have a part number / picture of the special hinge screw?

Comment

Here is the early hinge “screw”

Comment

Thanks Mark. A picture is worth a thousand words!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mickey
              Rumble seat riser placement
              by Mickey
              I'm having trouble figuring out the exact placement fore and aft for the rumble seat riser. Anyone with pictures, measurement or suggestions? The repro I have gives very little latitude left and right so centered will have to do.
              04-27-2019, 04:56 PM
            • copgib
              Rumble Seats
              by copgib
              Is there some place where it shows an exploded view of the rumble seat area. Just trying to see what parts are needed to make a complete rumble seat. Thanks in advance. Hugh
              04-15-2019, 07:57 PM
            • greenhornet
              Rumble seat cushion anchoring.
              by greenhornet
              I think my rumble seat cushions are pretty good originals not a reproduction but the rumble seat floor is a fabrication. The car was restored in the fifties and sixties probably before reroductions were made for seat springs and floor. My question is this how does the rumble seat cushion on a '31 roadster fasten to the floor.I think I see holes in the repro floor platform and my seat spring has two...
              01-15-2019, 08:11 PM
            • Rumbler
              What mounts to end of CCPU seat riser?
              by Rumbler
              My early 28 AA truck has two holes at the end of the seat riser. There doesn't appear to have ever been anything mounted there. Am I missing something?

06-15-2020, 10:55 AM
            • garyjill44
              Rumble seat cushion removal
              by garyjill44
              Rumble seat cushion removal. I need to pull the rumble seat upper& lower seat cushions from my '30 Sport Coupe. Your help please in pointing out the correct procedure for this task. Thank you.
              05-26-2020, 09:08 PM
            • Bikerider58
              Rumble Trunk
              by Bikerider58
              30 Deluxe with trunk converted to rumble seat. Riders are few and far between, but I think the seat is cool to have.

Any suggestions on a locking arm or rail to keep back from falling forward?

After removing the seats for general use, I understand an area should be blocked off at the back. How much area?
              07-05-2018, 07:28 PM
            • DBaldwin
              Rumble seat observation
              by DBaldwin
              As some of you know I’m currently helping Hugh to restore his 30 coupe. As I have spent a fair amount of time climbing in and out of the rumble area I have personally come to the realization that this is a really dangerous setup! I can’t count the times I’ve almost busted my ass getting in and out of the rumble area! Aesthetically the coupe with a rumble seat looks very appealing but as far...
              05-27-2020, 07:01 AM
            • greenhornet
              Rear crossmember to rumble seat platform anti-squeak.
              by greenhornet
              I am in the process of removing a fabricated rumble seat platform that was made in the fifties in a sheet metal shop. It seemed the platform bottom rested against the rear crossmember with some heavy anti-squeak material between the two. The fabricated platform dimensions are all very close to the reproduction I have to replace it with so I am wondering if a certain thickness was used originally or...
              02-14-2019, 07:10 PM
            • Fomoco998
              Under seat storage
              by Fomoco998
              My 30 coupe with rumble seat needs storage . Looking at under seat pan with recess but no one lists how deep for the 1930 just the 28/29 . Is this a good alternative ? Looking for any or all options.
              12-23-2019, 07:35 AM
            • dmaxweb
              Deck Lid Rumble Handles
              by dmaxweb
              Does anyone have dimensional drawings of the different rumble seat handles?​​
              05-02-2020, 09:46 PM
            Working...
            X