e28 brake light switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e28 brake light switch

I've picked up a couple RHD brake switches. they have the correct spacing on the cover tabs.

tmp_5165-Studio_20170209_114834-36851084.png
    Now I'm looking for a pattern for the base to convert the RHD to the left hand drive.

tmp_5165-user6365_pic2790_127800173010556345.jpg
    If you have an e28 switch, please contact me. thanks jm
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Jim
    im assuming you are going to take the top off the RHD one and put it on a new base to fit the early 28? without the ribs
    would tracing a later one with ribs give you the correct pattern
    Im ignorant on most early 28 stuff
    cant you take a 29 base and heat the ribs red hot and hammer them flat again?
    i cant tell from the photos what else is different
    tom

Comment

The lack of ribs is the major difference. the later switch also has the tabs in a deferent placement. a good tracing would be great just to be sure the legs are right. i plan on modifing the rhd drive base. will probably have to modify a later base.

Comment

Still looking for an early switch, or at least a tracing. Doug outbid me for the one in ebay.

Comment

Jim, I have a friend that may have one. Will check with him next week. Best I look personally as he is not well versed on early 28 parts. BTW did you ever find the mid 28 brake rods you were looking for a few years ago? I have a couple that may be straightenable. Rod
          Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Thanks rod! I did find a full set of the non adjustable rod.

Comment

No luck on the early switch. Seems it was changed out to an aftermarket replacement at some point. Rod
              Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• JohnB15632
                Brake light Switch
                by JohnB15632
                Can anyone out there is Model A land tell me what is connected to the eyelet on the rear of the brake light switch?

Thanks,...
                07-17-2019, 03:07 PM
              • Dennis
                28-29 Brake light switch
                by Dennis
                Did the original 28-29 brake light switch ever have bushings around the shaft like 30-31 had?
                06-25-2019, 11:18 AM
              • Jim Mason
                light switch body
                by Jim Mason
                When did the change occur? ...
                09-14-2017, 11:56 AM
              • Chevmn56
                Most Agravating Thing to Work on On the Model A
                by Chevmn56
                Hey Guys I know i dont have the experience or knowledge that you guys have, but man i will say that i think the Model A light switch has been the worst to work on. After messing with the dam thing for 4hrs (im not a quitter) i finally gave up and called Berts. Steve took about 5 minutes to straighten me out and get me on the right road, i felt like a complete bone head.

In trying to install...
                05-24-2018, 10:22 AM
              • Tom Wesenberg
                Pictures of Fluted and Twolite Switch Contact Plates
                by Tom Wesenberg
                I finally found my pictures of the two main switch plates used on Model A's. I don't have a picture of the switch used with early 28's, and have only seen one of them about 20 years ago. Maybe someone has a picture to fill that one in. The blue background is the 4 contacts switch used with FLUTED headlamps with 3 positions, and the lower left in the picture just shows an extra contacts part I had....
                11-04-2017, 09:47 AM
              • merjohn
                Light Switch Contacts
                by merjohn
                The light switch that is on our 31 truck has 4 contact points. The new wiring harness has 3 groups of 3 contacts. Is this normal?...
                07-22-2018, 08:07 PM
              • DaWizard
                Heres one for ya.
                by DaWizard
                For the last few weeks I have been having a small problem with the light switch on the bottom of the steering column and yesterday I decided it was time to attack it.

So, I remove the switch, start to clean it up, and remove the switch plate and disassemble the whole thing. Well, very little oil between the tang plate and insulating plate, but that is all. So, I get out the test light
                10-18-2017, 11:39 AM
              • Beauford
                WIZ!! WIZ!!
                by Beauford
                Wiz, what was the fix on the repo brake switch you told me to do as the road was pulling out the switch? Someone else has this problem and I know you told me how to fix it and I forgot. Still works!!!
                12-18-2018, 06:53 PM
              • Beauford
                Got some braces....
                by Beauford
                500 more hours and I will be running the streets!
                06-27-2017, 09:47 PM
              • Art Ebeling
                light switch
                by Art Ebeling
                I have a light switch that I was told was a replated original. When I compare it to one I already have I notice the contacts are flatter, not rounded and the contact part does not have an spring under it so it rattles around where the other has spring tension holding the contacts tight. Can you guys tell by the picture if this is an original and what about that spring tension?
                12-06-2017, 07:27 AM
              Working...
              X