1931 Rumble Seat Step Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1931 Rumble Seat Step Question

I have a 31 roadster and my two rumble seat steps are in the pictures. The one on the fender is silver and the one on the bumper is painted black. Aren't they both supposed to be silver in color? Also, when I have looked at a few of the Model A parts places online the rumble seat steps have the circle in the middle painted black with the rest of the step being silver. The newer ones from the online stores also seem to be a shinier finish like they are a different material or finish. Anyways, can someone enlighten me to what should be correct for that step on the bumper?

Thanks,

Kevin
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Kevin

1931 Ford Model A Deluxe Roadster
    1922 Maxwell Model 25 Touring
    1913 Cole Series 9 Touring

They should both be unpainted die cast aluminum with a cadmium plated carriage bolt. Page 15-14 of the Standards.

Bob

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it!
      Kevin

1931 Ford Model A Deluxe Roadster
      1922 Maxwell Model 25 Touring
      1913 Cole Series 9 Touring

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• greenhornet
        Rumble seat cushion anchoring.
        by greenhornet
        I think my rumble seat cushions are pretty good originals not a reproduction but the rumble seat floor is a fabrication. The car was restored in the fifties and sixties probably before reroductions were made for seat springs and floor. My question is this how does the rumble seat cushion on a '31 roadster fasten to the floor.I think I see holes in the repro floor platform and my seat spring has two...
        01-15-2019, 09:11 PM
      • Mickey
        Rumble seat riser placement
        by Mickey
        I'm having trouble figuring out the exact placement fore and aft for the rumble seat riser. Anyone with pictures, measurement or suggestions? The repro I have gives very little latitude left and right so centered will have to do.
        04-27-2019, 05:56 PM
      • copgib
        Question on Rumble Seats
        by copgib
        I have a 1930 Model A Coupe with a rumble seat. My question is when the seat is closed what hardware is supposed to be on it? Mine has nothing, but I see other Model A with grab bars and a locking handle to open it up with. All help will be appreciated.
        11-11-2018, 06:59 PM
      • greenhornet
        1931 Rumble seat platform rivets
        by greenhornet
        I have been searching to find information on what is used on mounting the rumble seat floor platform.Rivets I imagine but what head or size diameter and length. I guess screws will work but I just thought I would try to be original on this.Thank You
        01-18-2019, 08:47 PM
      • greenhornet
        Rumble seat stop confusion.
        by greenhornet
        Okay this has really got me confused.I have the two panels ordered for the rumble seat compartment the curved drain panel and the seat platform,ordered from Brattons. I ordered what I thought were the correct rumble seat lid stops that attach to the curved panel and the platform but Brattons just called and said they are not in stock.So as I go to Snyders and Bert's I see a different type or at least...
        01-21-2019, 09:57 AM
      • copgib
        Another Rumble Seat Question
        by copgib
        I should have asked this in my last question but forgot too! My rumble seat has the back cushion attached but the bottom cushion moves around. What is needed to properly fix the bottom cushion so this doesn't happen? Once again I apologize for not including this question in my first one. Hugh
        11-11-2018, 08:19 PM
      • copgib
        Rumble Seats
        by copgib
        Is there some place where it shows an exploded view of the rumble seat area. Just trying to see what parts are needed to make a complete rumble seat. Thanks in advance. Hugh
        04-15-2019, 08:57 PM
      • greenhornet
        Model A roadster floor pans for rumble seat.
        by greenhornet
        I have a lot of other issues to straighten out before I deal with the rumble seat floor on my recently acquired '31 roadster but wonder if I should bother at all.I don't think body has ever been removed from frame and floor is pretty solid under driver seat and even the floor where your feet go in rumble area. Someone replaced the rumble seat platform with a galvanized sheet metal piece that is really...
        10-02-2018, 09:54 AM
      • greenhornet
        1931 rumble seat step plate or pad post attachment to bumper
        by greenhornet
        Did the assembly line attach the post to the bumper arm a certain way as the post facing the front of the arm and the bar with two holes facing rear of car? Not so much as what is correct as one way stronger than the other.I have a reason for asking as I took off a repro piece that was literally just a piece and now have a good strong original.Thank you
        08-12-2019, 01:12 PM
      • 2manycars
        Rumble seat problem
        by 2manycars
        Appearantly more of a problem back then as to now.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        01-23-2019, 03:40 PM
      Working...
      X