X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear spring perch

When did it become 'rectangular ' in cross section? 20170914_115142.jpg
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

I have not consulted the JS yet on this one. The rearend on my early March of 28 chassis was as shown in your pic. Sold those housings to Doug Clayton. Still have another set back. The rearend for the May rdstr pu was the later rectangular style. If memory serves me correctly the change was in March of 28. Rod
    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

The rectangular base (shown) started July 28
      http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

Here is a pic of the earlier style. Thought I had better pic's of it, but they must have gotten deleted.Rod
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

I found the pic's I was looking for. Good thing I had not deleted those emails. Rod
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ray Horton
            For those interested in very early Model A stuff
            by Ray Horton
            Friend Tom Godish stopped by with this early pan, along with some other stuff he had just acquired, and I had never seen one like it. I thought maybe some people here might like to see it. ...
            09-17-2017, 12:45 PM
          • Rowdy
            Early 28 Weel Flange Depth
            by Rowdy
            Anyone have an early 28 wheel they could measure the flange depth of? Bought an early 28 front end and rear end today while on Junk Jaunt. Now to keep an eye out for early 28 wheels for day 2 and possibly day 3. Can not find my notes from years gone by and too tired to dig for them. Leaving very early in the morning for day 2 and will check back to see if anyone has one to measure. Thanks Rod
            09-22-2017, 10:58 PM
          • pooch
            Tapered leaf rear
            by pooch
            I have a very nice 8 leaf rear T spring.

The 7th leaf is not tapered, just has corners cut off.

The rest are rounded and tapered.

What year/s would this be and how much could I ask for it ?

I guess it is veteran before Henry stopped tapering the leaves?
            10-14-2018, 02:24 AM
          • Jim Mason
            you be the judge
            by Jim Mason
            What year and month etc? upside down btw.

Case you are wondering...I'm organizing my new shop and thought this game would be interesting...
            09-01-2017, 01:50 PM
          • Manager
            Early 28 rear end
            by Manager
            I bought complete front and rear ends not needed by a hot rodder. It's all in good condition and I have pulled the front end apart, got the bits I needed and went to start on the rear end. My shackle holes are very worn in my bells. Plan was as the car this all came out off was that good and everything looked in that good shape to just put the complete rear in and keep the current one for spares....
            10-17-2017, 09:51 PM
          • Jim Mason
            Month, year etc. anything special about the distributor these used in? this is a nors set but....

02-19-2018, 04:27 PM
          • Tony Hillyard
            Rear axle stamped number
            by Tony Hillyard
            Good Evening Everyone,

I have just been replacing the rear axle in my 1928 Standard Roadster and noticed a number/code stamped on the diff housing.

It is stamped "R8".

Any idea what this means?
            01-30-2018, 01:59 PM
          • DaWizard
            Part 13....More FINE Point details and finishes...1928 TUDOR Henry Winner.
            by DaWizard
            Mark, I was perusing the Facebook postings and ran across the pictures of the '28 Tudor and was wondering exactly what month '28 that Tudor was because until November they had the 5 piece service brake assembly. Also, that rear running wire harness does drop below the motor mount, but I don't think it should hang down that far before being picked back up onto the frame rail. Mine has a hole in the...
            08-01-2017, 01:56 PM
          • Gary Karr
            '28/'29 Stop Light switches
            by Gary Karr
            I have three different '28/'29 stop light switches. The first style from the beginning of production has no strengthening ribs on the mounting plate. Also to note is that the location of the cover tabs are different than the later, more common style. I came across a couple of switches that do have the strengthening ribs but as in the earliest style, the cover mounting tabs are in the same location....
            09-09-2018, 03:46 PM
          • Bill in NJ
            Rear spring removal and install
            by Bill in NJ
            Approximately how many hours should it take one person to take out the old spring and install one I rebuilt with my spring spreader?? I also want to install new bushings in spring and rear. Mitch thanks in advance, this a great site with a lot of good information and people.
            05-29-2018, 07:39 PM
          Working...
          X