X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light switch body

When did the change occur? 20170914_114737.jpg
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

On the left is the first prod switch with the dimples on each side.
    2/29 the dimples were eliminated

You have a nice collection of early parts
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Easy way to remember...fluted lens, single bulb....dimpled

Comment

Jim, any info on markings on the covers? Have one that has SM stamped on it. Looks to be original. Do not see any marks on any of the others I have. The SM is not visible when the halves are together. Rod
        Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

I'll take a look on the ones I have. I don't remember any marks. SM isn't a manufacturer I know

Comment

Not to get off the subject of switch housings, but when was the last fluted lens single bulb 5/8" back of the light made? I've had people try to tell me my housings are 28 because they stopped making them before 29.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis View Post
              Not to get off the subject of switch housings, but when was the last fluted lens single bulb 5/8" back of the light made? I've had people try to tell me my housings are 28 because they stopped making them before 29.
              Fluted ran into early 1929 because the TWOLITE was introduced in February 1929.

Comment

Thanks Tom. That's what I thought but I keep getting people tell me, "oh those are 29 headlights".

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Chevmn56
                  Most Agravating Thing to Work on On the Model A
                  by Chevmn56
                  Hey Guys I know i dont have the experience or knowledge that you guys have, but man i will say that i think the Model A light switch has been the worst to work on. After messing with the dam thing for 4hrs (im not a quitter) i finally gave up and called Berts. Steve took about 5 minutes to straighten me out and get me on the right road, i felt like a complete bone head.

In trying to install...
                  05-24-2018, 11:22 AM
                • merjohn
                  Light Switch Contacts
                  by merjohn
                  The light switch that is on our 31 truck has 4 contact points. The new wiring harness has 3 groups of 3 contacts. Is this normal?...
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  07-22-2018, 09:07 PM
                • bosticjb
                  Light Switch
                  by bosticjb
                  My 28 model A light switch rattles while driving , any fixes ? appreciate any help
                  10-11-2019, 06:21 PM
                • slammin
                  Recommendations needed for light switch
                  by slammin
                  I brought my "new" 29 Tudor home Friday. A frame off restoration in 95 that was never finished. Its missing the horn/light rod, light switch and wiring loom. I've seen warnings about imported switch bodies. Who offers the best deal on a US made part? The car has the 7 tooth steering.
                  10-01-2017, 08:52 AM
                • Tom Rode
                  Light switch interference
                  by Tom Rode
                  I have run into another "issue" with the A, I turn on the headlights and first time I make a turn the switch moves to the off position with the turning of the wheel. Does not move from off with additional turns though. Thinking there is some kind of bushing of something that may just need lubrication. Is there any adjustment here, of should I just try to get some light oil around the...
                  11-09-2019, 07:53 AM
                • Art Ebeling
                  light switch
                  by Art Ebeling
                  I have a light switch that I was told was a replated original. When I compare it to one I already have I notice the contacts are flatter, not rounded and the contact part does not have an spring under it so it rattles around where the other has spring tension holding the contacts tight. Can you guys tell by the picture if this is an original and what about that spring tension?
                  This gallery has 2 photos.
                  12-06-2017, 08:27 AM
                • Jamey E
                  Need help with brake light switch
                  by Jamey E
                  I’m in need of some assistance. Tudor’s brake light doesn’t work. Unhooked the wires from the switch & touched them together & it works. Thought switch was bad. Bought new switch, same problem. Am I missing something or should I try something different??
                  08-02-2019, 09:33 PM
                • Poor Boy
                  Time to rewrite repair manuals
                  by Poor Boy
                  Good evening everyone. As you can probably tell by some of my questions, I have been spending a lot of time working on my 31coupe. I have been repairing a lot of assemblies and have had some mixed results. For example, I rebuilt the two tooth Gemmer steering box. I used the Les Andrews repair manual as a reference. It was excellent. Then it came to the light switch and he just basically said...
                  01-15-2019, 06:00 PM
                • Tom Wesenberg
                  Pictures of Fluted and Twolite Switch Contact Plates
                  by Tom Wesenberg
                  I finally found my pictures of the two main switch plates used on Model A's. I don't have a picture of the switch used with early 28's, and have only seen one of them about 20 years ago. Maybe someone has a picture to fill that one in. The blue background is the 4 contacts switch used with FLUTED headlamps with 3 positions, and the lower left in the picture just shows an extra contacts part I had....
                  This gallery has 2 photos.
                  11-04-2017, 10:47 AM
                • canadian
                  Disconnect switch
                  by canadian
                  I Dont have one, Why didn't Henry Ford install one? or did he?...
                  04-29-2020, 06:47 PM
                Working...
                X