Fine point cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine point cars

for you folks that built a fine point car and actually finished it, how long did it take from start to finish?

or if you never finished how long have you been pluggin along on it?
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

My son's, 8 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
      My son's, 8 years now.
      Mike, Have you any progress to show?

Comment

Two and a half for the Special Delivery. The updates from the judging sheets added another 6 months. 4 years for the Telephone truck.

Comment

• Swastler
          Swastler commented
          Editing a comment
          Which one did my choke rod sleeve go to? I think it was the special delivery, but don’t remember off the top of my head.....

wow Barb that's way faster than most. you don't mess around
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

So it took me about 7 year for each FINE POINT cars.. The 1930 Standard Roadster, w/ trunk and the 1930 Deluxe Tudor Phaeton , both Henry Ford Award winners. One must find COMPLETE parts and start restoring them before you start putting it all back together.. ONE THING "TAKE YOUR TIME"

Comment

9 Years of fun and bliss... Worth it for the Henry and 494 points!!

Comment

As I'm lying in bed in my hotel room in Brazil, I was going through different past posts and thought I would add a comment to this one. My '29 Tudor took me over 2300 hours and about 2-1/2 years. My very early '28 Coupe is going on 13 years now! I actually started on it after I acquired two obscure parts, the open bail light switch and the on-off-dim light switch. With those pieces, the hunt was on to build a car around them. If all goes well, I should have it finished and ready to trailer it to Dearborn next year for the MARC meet.

Comment

• Jim Baskin III
                Jim Baskin III commented
                Editing a comment
                Gary, If you knew how many times I looked at and studied the pictures you had of your tudor when I was restoring mine you would fall off your chair.They were a indispensable part of the restoration process.

• Mitch
                Mitch commented
                Editing a comment
                Jim I agree they are fantastic. I added then to the VFF’s fine point photo thread the other day.

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...8730#post88730

I’ve been collecting the correct parts for 35+ years to one day start to restore the roadster to fine point, may not ever truly get there, but been fun trying!

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
                BILL WILLIAMSON commented
                Editing a comment
                "SOMEDAY" I'll mount my ELECTRIC CAN OPENER/KNIFE SHARPENER, whenever I find it.
                Found the SPECIAL screws & mounting plate, in the Kitchen Junk Drawer!
                By time I find it, cans might be OBSOLETE---LOL
                Now, you know why I would NEVER attempt to build a HIGH POINTS Car.
                Dad Huntingsomethingbutforgotwhatitisohitwasthecanopen er

Related Topics

Collapse

• ldreeg
              Fine Point carburator rebuilding
              by ldreeg
              Who does the best carburetor rebuilding for fine point judging?
              07-09-2018, 11:08 AM
            • Mark Maron
              Fine Point at Oshkosh 2020
              by Mark Maron
              11-15-2019, 08:22 PM
            • Mark Maron
              Fine point at Branson.
              by Mark Maron
              Hello everyone. It’s been a crazy week so far but were here and it’s great. Here is to start the fine point cars judged....
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 6 photos.
              06-28-2018, 06:26 AM
            • Mitch
              Welcome to the Fine Point Forum
              by Mitch
              A place to discuss originality, authenticity, or any fine point topic!...
              06-15-2017, 05:09 PM
            • Mitch
              Sidebars
              by Mitch
              I didn't want to hijack dmdeaton's build thread

I was recently asked about sidebars (slight modifications) being posted here on the VFF. There is a difference between performance up grades VS all out chops and hacks (it's really all common sense). Performance up grades have been around since the beginning of time. This was a huge issue that was never addressed on the and one of many...
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              02-25-2018, 12:10 PM
            • Art Ebeling
              examples
              by Art Ebeling
              This would be the place to brag about your fine point Model A and post some pictures of what makes a fine point car....
              05-06-2017, 03:01 PM
            • Mitch
              Known Dangerous Parts for Judging
              by Mitch
              This question stems from the other thread about reusing an original wiring harness for competition. Gary Karr brought up the point that I had mentioned about an old original harness being a fire hazard. Are fine point cars forced to use original parts for judging, even though they can be a life threatening item? Two items that come to mind at this moment are the fan blade and the wiring harnesses....
              01-01-2018, 08:01 PM
            • ronnaab
              Judging Standards
              by ronnaab
              Just starting to review my Judging Sheets from Fine Point Judging @ Branson. Can't say that I am to impressed with the knowledge of the judges.
              Standards show deduct 2 points for white walls, my score sheet deducted 20 points. Tools had several points deducted for wrong tire pump, wrong jack handle etc. Same tools were judged 2 different times with a different car (same year) and received full...
              09-27-2018, 12:46 AM
            • Art Ebeling
              short drive
              by Art Ebeling
              I drove my Vicky from the unheated polebarn to the heated house garage today. Now it's ready for me and my 87 year old buddy Norm to finish in comfort. I am already looking for something to do for the rest of the winter. Does anyone have a 11 or 12 Model T I can buy for my next project? The broken garage door window is a result from deciding to clean the garage first....
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              10-22-2018, 07:31 AM
            • Norm
              Raven finish on fine point nuts bolts ect
              by Norm
              My first post , I am looking for some information on how to duplicate the raven finish for fine point . Any suggestions? All help appreciated . Thanks , Norm
              09-27-2017, 04:37 PM
            Working...
            X