X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how about these?

Month year etc? 2017-09-01 13.04.07.jpg
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Those are rear brake cam shafts. Pretty sure the left one is early 28. Could not find mine to compare to the later, but if memory serves me correctly there were 2 sizes used in very early cars with smooth backing plates, then another used in the ribbed backing plates.
    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Rod,..I'll buy that. The longer one is for the separate E-brake backing plate..
      Oh yah,..the month and year,...start and stop..6-28 about..

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Steve Plucker
        Rear Backing Plates
        by Steve Plucker
        Minus the Brake Adjusting Wedge Bracket and the Service Brake Rear Actuating Levers on the Rear Backing Plate ...Is there any noticable difference between a 1928-29 and a 1930-31 Rear Backing Plate?

Thanks.

Pluck
        09-04-2019, 11:06 PM
      • Denis4x4
        39-42 Lockeed rear brake issues
        by Denis4x4
        In September, I replaced all of the wheel cylinders and cleaned up the backing plates etc. This is a photo of the left rear brake on a Model A rear end. Had the original Ford logo brake shoes relined. The ebrake cables are Locar and work with the A ebrake handle. The ebrake arms are in a bind and the only things I can identify as issues are the guides on the backing plates where the ebrake arms....
        12-06-2018, 04:24 PM
      • Manager
        Early 28 rear end
        by Manager
        I bought complete front and rear ends not needed by a hot rodder. It's all in good condition and I have pulled the front end apart, got the bits I needed and went to start on the rear end. My shackle holes are very worn in my bells. Plan was as the car this all came out off was that good and everything looked in that good shape to just put the complete rear in and keep the current one for spares....
        10-17-2017, 08:51 PM
      • Curly
        1931 License plate question
        by Curly
        I have a nice set of 1931 Arizona plates that I’m going to send in for restoration. You’ll notice in the picture these plates have small holes in the top corners of the plates. I thought they were nail holes until I noticed other Az plates from this era have the same holes placed in the same location. Are they suppose to be there? What’s their purpose? ...
        09-01-2019, 12:31 PM
      • Curly
        Vintage license plates option
        by Curly
        Period correct plates are a nice touch on a vintage car. In some states finding a set of restorable plates is cost prohibitive. I recently had a set of correct plates made for my closed cab truck. The company that made them (Licenseplates.tv) is out of Florida. The cost is $125 per plate and the quality is the same as state issued plates.
        Whether or not your state will certify them as original...
        02-21-2018, 03:00 PM
      • Jim Mason
        you be the judge
        by Jim Mason
        What year and month etc? upside down btw.

Case you are wondering...I'm organizing my new shop and thought this game would be interesting...
        09-01-2017, 12:50 PM
      • Dan Partain
        The Rear Brake Housing Plate NUT...A-21791
        by Dan Partain
        (I'm posting this for Pluck)

The Rear Brake Housing Plate NUT...A-21791

"I know the nut on the left side of this photo was used in attaching the LONG and SHORT bolts in attaching the Rear Brake Housing Plate to the Rear Axle.

But what about the one on the right side? Was one like this ever used?

"The photo in this post is of the LONG bolts...
        07-08-2019, 02:34 PM
      • Steve Plucker
        The Rear Brake Camshaft Levers...Right and Left
        by Steve Plucker
        So you have two (2) Rear Brake Camshaft Levers...A-2235 Right and A-2236 Left to assemble on to the rear backing plates.

HOWEVER...there are no markings on them to distinguish Right from Left.

What are some ways to determin Right from Left?

When each are assembled on the Left side for instance, one lever is angled differently than the other...so which would be...
        07-03-2019, 10:45 AM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Early Bumper Clamps are Not Original
        by Tom Wesenberg
        Seems strange that the seller knows when these were used, but doesn't know they are cheap aluminum repro parts.
        And, the bargain price he has on them. LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Late-1927-V...laQHbt&vxp=mtr
        12-26-2017, 12:45 AM
      • Jedmundcars
        What kind of tag do you run?
        by Jedmundcars
        Wondering what kind of tag veteran Model A’ers like to use? Here in NC it is legal to use the year of the vehicle...
        07-04-2019, 02:13 PM
      Working...
      X