you be the judge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you be the judge

What year and month etc? upside down btw.
    20170901_124406.jpg
    Case you are wondering...I'm organizing my new shop and thought this game would be interesting
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Early 28 rear radius rods. I don't see a script (possibly on the other side), so thinking March-May. Rod
    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Well, I know they are the rear radius rods, and since I have the horseshoe style I will say early '28 or pre-June because I believe the style I have are until end of production.
      Last edited by DaWizard; 09-01-2017, 01:50 PM. Reason: caze I cain't spel
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Btw, going to have to disorganize mine to keep up. Back to listing ebay stuff til later. Rod
        Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Early 28 thru mid 28
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Btw, one has a script.

Comment

UHhh....with OR without the brake rod return spring brackets?

Comment

Both with brackets...

Comment

Best guess,....from Dec 1927. How close am I?

Comment

• Rowdy
                    Rowdy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was going to say Jan. 28 to May of 28. Can not remember when they were added. Good catch on the brackets as I had forgotten about VE cars not having them.

Good to see you posting again. Rod

Related Topics

Collapse

• wrndln
                  Rear radius rod question
                  by wrndln
                  I have discovered something I haven't seen before. I was going through the 3 or 4 pairs of rear radius rods to pick the ones to use on my phaeton's rearend and noticed something I haven't noticed before. The brackets for the brake rod springs are different for some of them. The most common ones are the ones in the third picture - maybe 29 radius rods?? The brackets that are sandblasted are from a...
                  11-09-2018, 09:44 AM
                • Manager
                  Early 28 rear end
                  by Manager
                  I bought complete front and rear ends not needed by a hot rodder. It's all in good condition and I have pulled the front end apart, got the bits I needed and went to start on the rear end. My shackle holes are very worn in my bells. Plan was as the car this all came out off was that good and everything looked in that good shape to just put the complete rear in and keep the current one for spares....
                  10-17-2017, 08:51 PM
                • Steve Plucker
                  VERY EARLY Tie Rod Ends...
                  by Steve Plucker
                  Would anyone have a photo of the VERY EARLY Tie Rod ends without grease fittings?

Please send to [email protected]

Thanks.

Pluck
                  12-29-2018, 09:31 AM
                • conaway2
                  Changes in Rear Axle Radius Rods ??
                  by conaway2
                  As I continue to work on rebuilding the rear axle, I noticed that the two radius rods are different. One has a forged fork that is welded to the radius rod; the other has what appears to be a stamped fork that seems to be pressed into the radius rod....

Can anyone enlighten me as to when these different parts were used ? I already know that the axle housings are from different years (28...
                  08-10-2020, 07:59 PM
                • Rowdy
                  Early 28 Weel Flange Depth
                  by Rowdy
                  Anyone have an early 28 wheel they could measure the flange depth of? Bought an early 28 front end and rear end today while on Junk Jaunt. Now to keep an eye out for early 28 wheels for day 2 and possibly day 3. Can not find my notes from years gone by and too tired to dig for them. Leaving very early in the morning for day 2 and will check back to see if anyone has one to measure. Thanks Rod
                  09-22-2017, 09:58 PM
                • Jim Mason
                  brake rods
                  by Jim Mason
                  Here's one for you. what do you see? pictures show both ends of the same rods ...
                  08-30-2017, 01:44 PM
                • Dennisford
                  Rear radius rods to torque tube?
                  by Dennisford
                  New to site. Question: I have my rear axel and spring assy and backing plates installed in car.But didn't put in radius rods to torque tube. When I tried to install them I got pass side bolt to go into rod and torque tube slot but when i i tried to mount the drivers side radius rod the bolt wont go through the hole on drivers radius rod end. I know both radius rods are the same length but the bolt...
                  11-17-2019, 09:11 PM
                • Steve Plucker
                  Tie Rod and Ends
                  by Steve Plucker
                  I agree with the Standards...However I think they left one type of assembly out of the equation.

The one I have, I believe is a second generation as far as the Spindle Connecting Rod (tie rod) ends are concerned.

The rod itself has a weld line the entire length of the rod except for the threaded ends.

Just when Ford went from this welded type rod to the rod with...
                  05-18-2020, 09:03 PM
                • Jim Mason
                  how about these?
                  by Jim Mason
                  Month year etc? ...
                  09-01-2017, 01:04 PM
                • Ed H
                  Rear radius rods
                  by Ed H
                  Are they the same for all 31 four doors?
                  Mine is a three window early 31, I jacked the car up on one, not a good thing to do. I am learning tho..........
                  11-04-2017, 03:03 PM
                Working...
                X