Japan black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan black

Here's a link to an article I wrote re:Japan black. please note asphaltum is not the same as asphalt or road tar. just as amber is not the same as pine pitch.
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com/japan_black.html
    Last edited by Jim Mason; 08-29-2017, 12:55 AM.
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Whew. Jim, that is quite some alchemy you did there, and personally, since I don't feel like blowing myself up, I will be using the model dope. Thanks so much for your hard work.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Yes thank you Jim ! and for the link

Comment

I have found that AERO GLOSS model paint flat black works and looks excellent also

Comment

Dog: here,
          WELL, Dads' Dodge Kadota is AMERICAN Black, so THERE!
          Buster T.:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Steve Plucker
            Paint schemes...
            by Steve Plucker
            In Section 1 (Engine Compartment) and Section 4 (Undercarriage) of the Standards, the paint schemes per part are spelled out.
            Now we go to Area 7 (Brake System) and very little is told about the individual brake parts being a specific "black" color.
            Can you please tell me what parts are:
            1. Satin Black
            2. Semi-gloss Black
            3. Gloss Black
            I just can not...
            04-10-2019, 11:07 PM
          • Mike V. Florida
            Japan Black
            by Mike V. Florida
            There are a few items on the A that were protected by the process called Japan Black or Japanning. The Guidelines say the parts were dull but from what I have read and seen about the process, the results were far from dull.

So here are the questions, has anyone used the process? How glossy did it come out? Did you have it judged and what was the point result?

Here is a formula...
            02-17-2019, 02:21 PM
          • Chevmn56
            judging Standards Paint Codes
            by Chevmn56
            Hello all !!! i am real close to putting various engine parts back on Clyde. What started as a tune up 2 months ago, has now grown. I think i have the bug also. But in reading the Judging Standards book it makes referance to 2 paimt codes B- Black and R-Raven, now on doing some research on the internet i think R-Raven would be gloss black?????, so what is B-Black????? satin????
            01-16-2018, 07:48 PM
          • smittykid
            Correct black paint for gen., starter, oil pan, etc.?
            by smittykid
            The engine is out of my 29 Tudor being rebuilt by the folks out in Skokie, Il. While everything is off the engine-I figured now would be the time to paint the black stuff. Would Rustoleum gloss black be close? I'm not really going for a high point show car, but since everything is off and relatively easy to paint-I would like to get it close. Obviously, Rustoleum paint is readily available. ...
            08-12-2017, 06:46 AM
          • Tom Wesenberg
            Color Back Car Wax Black
            by Tom Wesenberg
            A few years ago I used to see a car wax advertised on TV, which claimed to restore the cars color. I'd like to try some black, and found some advertised on ebay by Turtle Wax. These waxes and polishes sure are expensive, so I'd like to hear if they work before I spend my money on them. Has anyone tried any of this wax, and did it help with scratches and faded paint?
            10-08-2018, 06:15 AM
          • Steve Plucker
            Cad Plating and Black Oxide kits...
            by Steve Plucker
            Cad Plating and Black Oxide kits...

Who have you found that makes the best Cad Plating and Black Oxide kits that are on the market today?

Thanks.

Pluck
            11-28-2018, 08:38 AM
          • SeaSlugs
            28-early 29 floor board paint?
            by SeaSlugs
            So im getting a set of floor boards done - dovetailed wood plank style, all holes cut for AA with dual high pedals, holes drilled for support straps - went to old ace hardware for #12x3/4 screws with slotted head, but unsure of what to use to stain or paint them. I tested on the upper board near the pedals with black minwax polystain. Soaked in nicely to the end grain and will preserve it forever...
            09-03-2018, 09:42 PM
          Working...
          X