• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d j, how is the spring..

Progressing?
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Jim,
    Thank you for being patient,..I talked to the "kid" 1-2 days ago about the spring,..he has been very busy drawing.
    I'll try a little "heat" too motivate him..
    djm

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• 1930 Closed Cab PU
      Spring Identification
      by 1930 Closed Cab PU
      Is there a way to tell how many leaves are in my spring while it is in my Truck?

Visibly I see only 6 leaves....
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      09-29-2020, 07:53 AM
    • knuckl
      Rear spring with reversed eyes.
      by knuckl
      My reversed eye front spring went in easily. I can see that the rear needs to be spread. Of course a spring spreader won't work with it. I was going to use the K. R. Wilson spreader but I have been warned that it is a very dangerous tool. It was also suggested to dismantle the spring. Bolt in the main leaf by itself as it would be easy to spread by hand. Then reassemble the spring. What do you th...
      11-30-2020, 08:11 PM
    • Tudor31
      Front Spring
      by Tudor31
      This is a Tudor 1931 with a ten leaf front spring. In the last five years I have done a lot of work to get it in good shape. The attention has now turned to the springs and especially the front spring. I have a feeling that the spring is worn down, but I can't figure out if that is the case. The distance between the spring ends and the axle is about a quarter inch and the distance between the clip...
      10-16-2020, 07:52 PM
    • Mitch
      Weak front spring
      by Mitch
      This truck had a weak front spring which caused the drag link to rub the tie rod. The drag link actually had a flat spot worn into it. Note the distance now with a new spring. If your rods rub you also need a spring...
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      02-21-2018, 02:05 PM
    • Steve Plucker
      Marco's FRONT Spring Chart
      by Steve Plucker
      Marco Tahtaras did an excelent REAR Spring Chart showing just where the different individual springs went in a assembled REAR spring.

That being the case ...did he ever do one for the FRONT Spring Assembly?

I say this because I have several disassembled front springs and I do not know just where some of the leaves would go because they are of different lengths and thicknesses....
      01-20-2019, 04:08 PM
    • wrndln
      Front axle spring restoration
      by wrndln
      I have a question on restoring an original front spring. The spring is a standard 10 leaf spring. I have sandblasted the individual leaves. The question is: Should I epoxy prime the individual leaves before assembling them. I plan to use John Deere Slip Plate between the leaves to provide a lubricant. Any helpful comments would be appreciated on whether the leaves should be painted or just assemble...
      06-21-2019, 01:31 PM
    • Fomoco998
      Rear spring removal
      by Fomoco998
      Pulled the rear from the car and removed all the brakes. Got it on saw horses and have what is called a traveling spring spreader looking for any extra precautions in removing spring with a spreader of this type . Thanks
      07-01-2018, 03:17 PM
    • canadian
      rear spring
      by canadian
      If a person were to remove a spring or two from rear suspension, what idea did you use for a spacer to take up space in crossmember ?...
      02-26-2021, 04:52 AM
    • dswoodh
      Front spring replacement
      by dswoodh
      Looking to replace the front spring and shackles on my 31 s/w. Welcoming any recommendations as to where to purchase, quality issues etc....
      02-01-2021, 03:30 PM
    • Wobbly Dave
      1916 Front Spring Oilers?
      by Wobbly Dave
      I recently acquired a Canadian 1916 Touring T. I thought it odd that the front spring shackles do not have any provision for oiling. Aren't these supposed to have holes in the perches and springs for flip top oilers or something? It looks like there is a spot on the spring but no hole, just a ghost of a circle. They could not have originally been like this - could they?
      This gallery has 3 photos.
      04-11-2020, 11:20 AM
    Working...
    X