Ford's Cadmium Plating process...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford's Cadmium Plating process...

The following article describes Ford's Cadmium plating process of brake shoes (and more than likely other cad plating items) starting on page 3 to 4.

http://www.plucks329s.org/pdf/brakes...hoe_lining.pdf

Interesting.

Pluck

Pluck you must of sent me this article along with the other ones. I already had it posted in the VFF Articles forum
    Excellent write up

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/art...teve-c-plucker
    4~ Tudor's
    1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thank you for posting that information, but I have to tell you I have been thinking of going for fine point status, but now all this knowledge is scaring me.

Comment

Originally posted by JonC View Post
        Thank you for posting that information, but I have to tell you I have been thinking of going for fine point status, but now all this knowledge is scaring me.
        ??? it should do the opposite and help you....Cad plating is a no brainer, we do it here in chicago for 90.00 a tub and look great, Nice white cad.
        Ill., Region MARC & MAFCA
        MARC JSC Member
        2022 Morgantown National Co-Chair
        National Facebook Admin.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mitch
          Articles and Sub-Forums FYI
          by Mitch
          I posted up some extraordinary informational write up's submitted to me by Pluck. I placed these in our Articles area which i think was a better spot than the tech forum since they are very long and detailed. These articles are about the evolution of the engine block, oil pump, brake shoe and the junction box.
          Thanks Pluck for allowing these to be shared exclusively on the VFF.
          09-22-2017, 08:45 AM
        • Rob Patterson
          Your advice on what I should look for please?
          by Rob Patterson
          Hi,
          I've been a Model 'T'er for nearly 30 years.
          My wife and I have a very nice Canadian built '21 with an Australian built 3 door touring body on it, that we restored several years ago. Its been in our family since 1964....but that's another story. I am also nearing the completion of a 1915 T Speedster I've built from bits n pieces.....also another story, but at least now you'll get the...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          11-11-2018, 03:26 PM
        • BNCHIEF
          The VFF and the past year in review.
          by BNCHIEF
          Lets talk about the growth and progression of the VFF in the past year and some of the positives and negatives if there are some but please elaborate good or bad but be constructive and helpful anyone can complain, after all this forum will only continue to be as good as it can be if we all make it that way thru our articles pictures and contributions. I am talking across all the sub-forums here on...
          12-28-2018, 06:59 AM
        • 1930 Closed Cab PU
          Brake Backing Plate Assembly 101
          by 1930 Closed Cab PU
          Found this on UTube. For me an excellent tutorial about brakes and how they work, things to look for if repair/rebuilding. Is really good at showing how the guts work.

Does not discuss adjustments, drums, champher linings, arcing linings, or the rest of the brake system. But for a quick idea of the parts and how they work is great for the uneducated like myself.

One question...
          03-15-2020, 10:46 AM
        • Mitch
          Sidebars
          by Mitch
          I didn't want to hijack dmdeaton's build thread

I was recently asked about sidebars (slight modifications) being posted here on the VFF. There is a difference between performance up grades VS all out chops and hacks (it's really all common sense). Performance up grades have been around since the beginning of time. This was a huge issue that was never addressed on the and one of many...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          02-25-2018, 11:10 AM
        • Mitch
          Model A News painting article
          by Mitch
          There was a nice basic how to spray painting article not long ago in the MAN by Ken Ehrenhofer. Does anyone know which edition it was in. I want to scan it into the technical forum here
          Thanks
          09-20-2019, 09:15 PM
        • wrndln
          Cad plating look alike
          by wrndln
          I have had a lot of parts white cad plated and they look nice, however there are a few fasteners, mostly bolts that I forgot to have cad plated or discovered later that they needed to be plated. Does anyone know of a spray paint finish that mimics white cad plating? I was thinking of something like a white or off-white spray paint and then scuff it lightly.
          Rusty Nelson...
          07-24-2018, 02:58 PM
        • dmdeaton
          Flathead Ted's Brake Floaters
          by dmdeaton
          What's everyone's opinion on this setup? Anyone using this?
          10-07-2017, 11:24 PM
        • Larry Jenkins
          Brent was right..
          by Larry Jenkins
          He suggested that I come on over here rather than hang out in the political site and the house with holes in it. Nice site.. 86, did 3 As with a Best of Show, wrote six how-to articles for the National magazines and know a small amount of how Model As work.

Larry Jenkins
          01-26-2018, 08:34 PM
        • Steve Plucker
          Buyer Beware...Emergency Brake Linings...Where is the Quality Control?
          by Steve Plucker
          A few weeks ago I ordered from Bratton's a set of Emergency Brake Linings.

After they arrived, I installed them onto the E-Brake Bands...They came up 5/16" to short.

(Picture to follow)

I contacted Bratton's and told them that this was unacceptable...that the linings must cover the entire band:

"In my last order, I ordered a set of Pre-Drilled...
          08-24-2019, 02:48 AM
        Working...
        X