License plate clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License plate clips

What is the proper color for the clips. I looked at the standards and did see the nut, lock washer, & bolt color, but not the clips. Did I miss it? Thanks

Hi Ed

Take a look at post #18 on this thread

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...e-plate-clamps
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks Mitch.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mike
        License plate clamps
        by Mike
        Which way do the license plate clamps go ? I think 28/29 face down and 30/31 are facing up. Need clarification please.
        mike...
        05-09-2017, 06:57 PM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Did the Model A Come with Rear License Hardware?
        by Tom Wesenberg
        Since the Model A came with front license clips, you'd think it would also come with license plate mounting hardware for the rear, but I don't recall ever seeing that listed or discussed. A few years ago I bought part 18930 from Bratton's because I thought it looked nice to hold the plate, but it would be nice to know what's original, if anything is.
        04-05-2018, 04:26 AM
      • Big guy
        Authentic Indiana license plate.
        by Big guy
        I have tried Ebay and other internet sites as a source for authentic plates with no luck. I need or would like to have an original 1929 Indiana license plate for my Tudor. Any suggestions on an honest dealer selling plates? I would like to register the car with an authentic plate. Thanks...
        05-29-2018, 01:58 PM
      • fmr187
        Front backing plate bolt question
        by fmr187
        Getting ready to reassemble the front brakes and I see that my front backing plate bolts have a washer on them. Looking at the assembly diagrams and parts catalogs there is no washer shown. Should there be a washer on the bolts or not? And if yes, which side of backing plate would I put it? Inside or outside with castle nut?
        01-24-2020, 04:56 PM
      • BillLee/Chandler, TX
        1929 Colorado License Plate
        by BillLee/Chandler, TX
        Does anybody have any idea what a 1929 Colorado license plate might be worth? I know that the '29 plate for Texas is quite rare and a good set is unmercifully expensive. My BIL included a Colorado plate under the back seat when he sold me the car in 2007.

Bill
        06-18-2019, 11:56 PM
      • WayneT
        Distributor Question
        by WayneT
        I am experiencing a new problem that I have NEVER encountered with a Model A Distributor. I converted both of my A's distributors some time ago and removed the "pigtail" between the upper and lower plates and replaced it with the Brass springy plate that the acorn nut hits on the bottom of the upper plate that is on the bottom of the post for the points.
        I have had the upper plates...
        11-05-2019, 05:57 PM
      • Curly
        Do you have a front license plate?
        by Curly
        Do you have a front license plate? If so, where is it?
        I had mine mounted center above the bumper. I made a bracket this evening to move it to the right side so as not to obstruct the wind that feeds the radiator. I see a lot mounted center on the light bar. Im experimenting to see if this change engine temperature....
        09-26-2017, 01:53 AM
      • Ed Northrop
        Front Motor Mount
        by Ed Northrop
        I replaced the springs and spring plate under the front motor mount. I installed the new plate and leather washer and there is a void about a 1/8" left over between the spring plate and bottom of the mount. Is this correct and I did not notice the space before. I have tried 2 different springs and plate from 2 different venders. It seems like the bottom of the mount, leather washer and spring...
        02-11-2018, 08:34 PM
      • 1930 Closed Cab PU
        Throtttle Plate Replacement
        by 1930 Closed Cab PU
        Thought this was going to be simple/easy - . Sigh
        Noticed my rebuilt Carb does not have the correct throttle plate.
        Nothing is making any sense. Without really studying this before figured take a couple of screws out, remove old plate, put new plate in and add the screws.

Picture 1 is the replacement Plate, notice there is no way to put a shaft through it....
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 6 photos.
        04-14-2019, 04:55 PM
      • 4port
        License plate oil canning
        by 4port

License plate oil canning. Twist in plate that flexes diagonally back and forth. How can this be repaired? Heat with torch and shrink with wet rag? If so, where would you shrink it?...
        02-08-2020, 02:11 PM
      Working...
      X