This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Falcone's 1928 Tudor original interior pics

Tudor Sedan #24981 Manufactured February 14, 1928. Original grey cloth early interior dropped in February 1928.

It is the early grey pinstriped the seats side panels have the band across the top.
    The rest of the car is original except for the paint and some other small details. It is probably one of the best examples of how Henry built the Tudor.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

3 ~ Tudor's
              Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch,

Nice, Nice, Nice!!!

What is the assembly plant code and numbers?

Thanks.

Pluck
                Last edited by Steve Plucker; 11-13-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pluck PM sent

What a treasure. Congrats on such an excellent original car.

Comment

Here's the carpet pictures. Frank said according to LB the heel pad is running board mat.(?)
                  image_17077.jpgimage_17078.jpgimage_17079.jpgimage_17080.jpgimage_17081.jpgimage_17082.jpgimage_17083.jpgimage_17084.jpgimage_17085.jpg
                  http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

Looking through chapter 11 of the JS it doesn't say if the mid '28 Tudor was rubber or carpet. How does one know? After all, there was no Deluxe Tudor in '28.
                    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Check chart just after the fasteners. btw the rear carpet/mat is in the far right column (took me years to finally see that)

Comment

• DaWizard
                        DaWizard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jim, I did, but what constitutes Mid or Late '28 since mine is 7/20/28 with the holes in body and frame for left hand p-brake, but center p-brake?

In the very front they give a definition of early, mid late.
                      I don't remember but I think mid is may thru August. (?)

Comment

• DaWizard
                        DaWizard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Jim, found it and figured it should have carpet.

I've just noticed in the first photo with both the front and rear carpet, the rear carpet is 'notched for the front seat risers. The rear carpet in my Nov 28 Tudor is shorter and square across the front .

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jim Mason
                        early 28 Tudor front carpet
                        by Jim Mason
                        Anybody have any photos? specifically the edge binding, and rubberized heel pad, and how the heel pad was attached to the carpet.

Tia, Jim
                        11-05-2018, 05:03 PM
                      • Tom Wesenberg
                        Pictures of Original 1928 Tudor Rear Inside
                        by Tom Wesenberg
                        Here are some pictures that should help show the location of the metal brackets for the rear side panels. My early 29 Tudor came with the upholstery all removed, and I always wondered where the 2 curved thin metal channels went. This picture shows them as supports for the lower part of the side quarter panel.
                        The thing I question is that long screw poking down from the corner bracket. Going...
                        02-21-2018, 11:18 AM
                      • JtownJoe
                        Tudor seat discomfort
                        by JtownJoe
                        I love my 30' Tudor but the front seats are just not very comfortable & my lower back starts to ache within an hours drive time. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one, any suggestions, other than switching out to modern seats, I really don't want to radically change the interior that much.
                        04-02-2018, 08:59 PM
                      • Tom Wesenberg
                        Pictures of my Unrestored 1929 Tudor Rear Interior
                        by Tom Wesenberg
                        Here are some pictures of the rear inside of my 2-23-29 Tudor.
                        Notice my car has both the slot and bracket to fasten the top of the rear seat.
                        This was built during the transition from the slot to the bracket, so mine still has the slot.
                        Notice the sound deadening pads and the amount of body color that they received.
                        It wasn't until I removed my outside door handle that I saw...
                        02-21-2018, 10:34 AM
                      • Jim Baskin III
                        Pic of my 30 Tudor
                        by Jim Baskin III
                        As I'm new to this site. Thought I'd show you a pic of Bella PIA. Schwalms did the short block work,Bought the interior from Lebaron Bonney and I did all the rest. And that was 10yrs ago.The color is Lombard Blue.Now that I'm retired I have a second Tudor to restore and am really looking forward to the restoration process as I have learned so much from doing the first A
                        03-10-2018, 12:38 PM
                      • Arcieri
                        1931 DeLuxe Tudor Assist Straps ?
                        by Arcieri
                        Saw in Area 12, page 15 of the 2016 RG that assist straps were not listed as standard equipment on Deluxe Tudors.
                        Also read in the new MAFCA published book (The Tudor Book) that these sedans did have assist straps from the factory.

Starting on page 19 of that book is an article by Mary Moline that includes 3 pictures of original unrestored Deluxe Tudors that
                        show the straps....
                        12-22-2017, 10:36 AM
                      • Tom Wesenberg
                        Original Finish on 1929 Floorboards
                        by Tom Wesenberg
                        I have never seen original floorboards with just a wood preservative, unless Ford had some that looks like gloss black paint. I have a pretty nice set of original dovetailed Maple floorboards from an early 1929 Tudor, and they have a lot of the original black paint on them. They also have a run or two, so it looks to me like they got a heavy spray of gloss black or were dipped into the paint and hung...
                        01-11-2018, 11:17 PM
                      • Art Ebeling
                        Original Interior
                        by Art Ebeling
                        my 31 Victoria project came with two black trash bags of old interior parts I had not opened. Imagine my delight in seeing this, the best instructions you could ever follow. Every interior panel, carpet and windlaces with every screw or clip or snap hole. I have a new Lebaron Bonney kit and it will be modified as needed by using these patterns.
                        11-24-2017, 05:08 PM
                      • Chap52
                        Transitioning to a 1930 Tudor
                        by Chap52
                        After many years of wanting a Tudor I recently sold my 1952 F1 project and was able to find this gem.
                        10-31-2018, 07:41 PM
                      • ryguywright
                        Unsure of original body type
                        by ryguywright
                        I am a new owner of a 1929 Model A, but the body was chopped from the doors back. (See pictures).

What I was wondering is what the original body was. Whether it be a Coupe, or a Tudor. I tried to run the vin online but of course it’s too short.
                        Vin starts with: A202

Is there any way I can find out the original body type? Any help is appreciated!...
                        09-16-2018, 08:50 PM
                      Working...
                      X