Kick panels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick panels

How is the piece of welting at the top of the kick panel finished? I think the welting should continue up between the body and dash rail and be tucked over. This is for my 31 Victoria. Some pictures would greatly help. Thanks, Art

That sounds right to me. Nice job on the wood graining. If you are concerned about correctness, I suggest painting the door hinge screw heads. The car was painted at the factory with the doors installed, so the screws would have been painted. Only important to fine point people.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Here is a picture from the internet that kinda shows the welting continuing up from the kick panel between the dash rail and body. I am not sure if this is correct or how the end would be finished. Any help?

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        I do not know the correct answer, it sure has a more finished look that way, I assume you bought the kick panels as they appear in your phot Art, Grover on here would be a good guy to ask on this he has a car like yours and is very familiar with them PM him.

Originally posted by 2manycars View Post
      That sounds right to me. Nice job on the wood graining. If you are concerned about correctness, I suggest painting the door hinge screw heads. The car was painted at the factory with the doors installed, so the screws would have been painted. Only important to fine point people.
      You are right about the screw heads. I still have several to paint, those, and along the top of the gas tank , door hinge pin heads etc. That brings to mind all the restored cars I have looked at that have the raven finish bolt heads for the headlamp bar, fender edge to fender brace and taillight to fender bolts that I think should be painted black. Thanks, Art

Comment

The internet photo is correct except the welt wasn't cut, with the bolt from the lower dash panel tab passing thru. Also,check the number of kick panel screws to the jamb pillar in the Judging Stds. Some photos show a screw in every hole, others show every other hole, possibly pre production differences. Our SW has every hole filled.
        Your car is exceptional !!.
        Last edited by plyfor; 11-09-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plyfor View Post
          The internet photo is correct except the welt wasn't cut, with the bolt from the lower dash panel tab passing thru. Also,check the number of kick panel screws to the jamb pillar in the Judging Stds. Some photos show a screw in every hole, others show every other hole, possibly pre production differences. Our SW has every hole filled.
          Your car is exceptional !!.
          Thanks, I thought that could be correct. Should the cut show or be folded over?

Comment

• plyfor
            plyfor commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure what is meant by cut. Assume you mean the top of welt. Ours is part of the panel and just extends as far as possible to the top of dash panel and side window trim though it takes some finesse to get the dash panel
            installed over the welt.

Now that I am trying it on for size, the cut end against the bottom of the side garnish makes sense. Thanks

Comment