Dome Light Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome Light Switch

Somewhat confused as to which dome light switch and bezel is correct for my April 1929 130-A Deluxe Delivery. Can someone shed some light on which version is correct. Thanks Rod
    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Rod i think there may be one here at the meet... If so i will check it out for you
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Rowdy
      Rowdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I beleive you have my phone number. Rod
      Last edited by Rowdy; 08-02-2017, 03:29 PM.

Rod
    No go
    I talked with a guy that has a 30 delivery original condition and he was not sure about the 29 style. His did have a dome light.
    There is also a beautiful 12/27 fine point delivery which had no dome light. I talked with him and he couldn't help either..

Here is a pic of the 27...
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I do not have the current JS. Planning on buying in Sept. The 1997 version seems a little vague on which of the switches and bezels are correct. I have a picture sent to me by Jim Mason several years ago ( possibly an interior done by Marco). But can not tell which style is installed. Luckily my dome light is very nice. Will do more research when I get the new JS. Recently passed up a decent bezel on ebay for a cheap price as I did not know if it was correct. Not a huge hurry as plans are to be done by May 2019.

Thanks Again for looking. Rod
      Last edited by Rowdy; 08-02-2017, 11:03 PM.
      Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Don Turrley is advertising a dome light for 29 on fb maybe he has what you need?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Steve Plucker
          1929 Deluxe Delivery Dome Light
          by Steve Plucker
          What did the 1929 Deluxe Delivery Dome light look like?

Thanks.

Pluck
          10-15-2017, 01:17 AM
        • Jim Mason
          delivery dome light
          by Jim Mason
          Hey rod, you see this?

https://www.VFFVFFVFFVFFVFFVFFVFFVFF...d.php?t=227323
          11-30-2017, 12:45 PM
        • bosticjb
          Light Switch
          by bosticjb
          My 28 model A light switch rattles while driving , any fixes ? appreciate any help
          10-11-2019, 05:21 PM
        • David Guardanapo
          Dome Light
          by David Guardanapo
          Does anybody know if the 1929 Tudor sedan came with a dome light or if it was an option?
          thanks - David
          04-28-2019, 05:18 PM
        • slammin
          Recommendations needed for light switch
          by slammin
          I brought my "new" 29 Tudor home Friday. A frame off restoration in 95 that was never finished. Its missing the horn/light rod, light switch and wiring loom. I've seen warnings about imported switch bodies. Who offers the best deal on a US made part? The car has the 7 tooth steering.
          10-01-2017, 07:52 AM
        • JB-OB
          Ford M-923 Buff Light ??
          by JB-OB
          1929 closed car interior window moldings could be painted 'Buff Light'.

Does anyone have a color code & manufacturer for what they used recently to re-create 'Buff Light' ??

Thanks, jb
          12-06-2019, 07:53 PM
        • dmdeaton
          Light Switch and Rod Questions
          by dmdeaton
          Ok, I have started gathering intel on the whole assembly. I am putting this up in this section instead of the modified because I am trying to use all stock hardware. When I dragged my 30 Briggs home it was missing the light switch, rod, and all associated hardware. I am at the point putting the car back together to start on the wiring. I have read your tech section Mitch and have questions. The repop...
          08-16-2018, 09:27 PM
        • Chevmn56
          Most Agravating Thing to Work on On the Model A
          by Chevmn56
          Hey Guys I know i dont have the experience or knowledge that you guys have, but man i will say that i think the Model A light switch has been the worst to work on. After messing with the dam thing for 4hrs (im not a quitter) i finally gave up and called Berts. Steve took about 5 minutes to straighten me out and get me on the right road, i felt like a complete bone head.

In trying to install...
          05-24-2018, 10:22 AM
        • Pg999
          Tach light power hook up question.
          by Pg999
          Where would one fasten the power for a tachometer light.
          I would like the light in the tach to come on when I turn the lights on. But do not have a clue as to where to tap in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PG
          03-15-2020, 05:31 PM
        • Beauford
          Parking light
          by Beauford
          Noticed my parking light in my two bulb buckets wont light on pass side. Switched bulbs and still nothing. Checked yellow green red and they are correct. Clipped test light to socket and ground and nothing. Any suggestions? My LEDs headlights work fine so there is power there.
          02-21-2019, 06:05 PM
        Working...
        X