Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part 13....More FINE Point details and finishes...1928 TUDOR Henry Winner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part 13....More FINE Point details and finishes...1928 TUDOR Henry Winner.

Mark, I was perusing the Facebook postings and ran across the pictures of the '28 Tudor and was wondering exactly what month '28 that Tudor was because until November they had the 5 piece service brake assembly. Also, that rear running wire harness does drop below the motor mount, but I don't think it should hang down that far before being picked back up onto the frame rail. Mine has a hole in the cross member for the harness to travel through after the motor mount.

I was also wondering if the June 28 cutoff for e28 was etched in stone hard wall, because I have what I consider to be a "transitional" 28 built in July that has the holes for the left ebrake in frame and body, but with the centered ebrake handle.
    It also uses the early wiper motor, early windshield opening arms, and a few other little things that really don't make it an "e28" but it also is not a late 28.

Just asking.....
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

"Any calendar
    date specified in the Guidelines is the earliest for which
    a part or design is acceptable. It will also be acceptable
    to use the pre-existing part for two (2) months after that
    date on vehicles and six (6) months on AA commercial
    vehicles. This is based on the lag time between drawing
    preparation and actual production use and Ford 's policy
    of using up superseded parts first."

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
      Mark,
      I was also wondering if the June 28 cutoff for e28 was etched in stone hard wall, because I have what I consider to be a "transitional" 28 built in July that has the holes for the left ebrake in frame and body, but with the centered ebrake handle.
      It also uses the early wiper motor, early windshield opening arms, and a few other little things that really don't make it an "e28" but it also is not a late 28.

Just asking.....
      Feel free to join us we would LOVE to have you as part of the Facebook group and thank Mike V.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Greynomad
        '28 Frame and early engine mount
        by Greynomad
        I am building up another A out of bits and pieces I have laying around. Originality is not important but a good driving car is. The chassis I have is an early one where the engine is bolted direct to the front X member. Does this configuration cause vibrations to be transmitted through the car? If the answer is No, why did Henry change? Cracking? If it is worth the effort to change, what is the best...
        02-03-2018, 09:27 PM
      • KB9JLO
        'A' Frame
        by KB9JLO
        If for whatever reason a person was going to build a Model A, piece by piece what would you look for in a frame, front and back axle? Obviously not going for perfection, just a good driver......
        08-18-2018, 04:36 PM
      • Mitch
        Strengths and Weaknesses
        by Mitch
        I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses when answering questions on the VFF. For me my strengths are more mechanical, diagnosing, and repair, building a car,,, my weaknesses are JS type things, interchangeability, what fits what with different body styles and things like that. (Steve Plucker type questions)..Or maybe it's just easier to say the things Rowdy & Wiz, Mason and others seems...
        09-17-2017, 10:45 AM
      • Jim Mason
        early 28 Tudor front carpet
        by Jim Mason
        Anybody have any photos? specifically the edge binding, and rubberized heel pad, and how the heel pad was attached to the carpet.

Tia, Jim
        11-05-2018, 09:59 PM
      • Jim Mason
        early 28 Tudor front carpet
        by Jim Mason
        Anybody have any photos? specifically the edge binding, and rubberized heel pad, and how the heel pad was attached to the carpet.

Tia, Jim
        11-05-2018, 05:03 PM
      • wrndln
        ID CCPU/AA truck windshield frame
        by wrndln
        I posted this on ********, but of course I have gotten no responses like usual or any useful ones. I am not sure I have posted this message on the correct section, but I see no regular message section. Thus is the first post on this forum, so please forgive me for possibly posting on an incorrect section.

I have a windshield frame I purchase years ago at a swap meet. It is obviously...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        01-22-2018, 12:25 PM
      • fred93
        29 Tudor wiring questions
        by fred93
        I am in the final stages of finishing the 29 Tudor that I have been restoring for a friend and I have some questions about the routing of the main harness from the light switch to the tail lights. I know that the harness is routed along the inside frame rail on the drivers side and it is held onto the frame with metal clips but does it go over or under some of the obstacles that are in the way???...
        This gallery has 6 photos.
        03-10-2018, 11:01 PM
      • DaWizard
        Gas Tank?
        by DaWizard
        I am sitting here looking at what information I have been able to gather about my particular '28 Tudor and it occurred to me that there is a birthday coming up next month for "The Beast". Which got me to thinking about which day this happy occasion should be observed.

See, the trouble is, from the information I have been able to gather, the stamped number on the block says,
        06-18-2017, 06:16 PM
      • Rowdy
        Early 28 Weel Flange Depth
        by Rowdy
        Anyone have an early 28 wheel they could measure the flange depth of? Bought an early 28 front end and rear end today while on Junk Jaunt. Now to keep an eye out for early 28 wheels for day 2 and possibly day 3. Can not find my notes from years gone by and too tired to dig for them. Leaving very early in the morning for day 2 and will check back to see if anyone has one to measure. Thanks Rod
        09-22-2017, 10:58 PM
      • Gary Karr
        Early '28 Fuel Tank differences
        by Gary Karr
        Here are interesting observations of very early '28 fuel tanks. The earliest pictured here has no vertical reinforcement ribs on the firewall side and as observed, no triangular support for the special hook that applies tension to the wire in the upper cowl lacing. Also to note is that there is just a round hole and not the elongated hole to direct tie wire down when the hook is tightened. This...
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        09-30-2018, 02:16 PM
      Working...
      X