See less

LED lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mentioned above that this set-up requires H-13 mounting. The Vintique reflectors I have I believe are for H-4 bulbs. Is that a problem?
    Alaskan A's
    Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
    Model A Ford Club of America
    Model A Restorers Club
    Antique Automobile Club of America
    Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Well, I looked at both headlights and it appears that they are the same, or close enough that it shouldn't matter. The H-4 bulb has what appears to be a tin style mounting, while the H-13 style has the mounting like I am using.

I will need to call them tomorrow and confirm the type, but I believe it is the replacement 8th Gen 9004 bulb. I know it was an 8th gen headlight conversion.

Stand by until tomorrow and I will confirm what I purchased. My login doesn't work so I can check tonight......please stand by.

Just looking back at the link in the first post, it is the 9004 replacement bulb, not the H-13 mounting.
      "We do not stop playing because we grow old;
      We grow old because we stop playing ...
      NEVER Be The First To Get Old!" Pilfered from the MAFC SA Newsletter

I JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

Comment

• CarlG
        CarlG commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, one more question: Do I buy the set with the decoder, or without the decoder?

Ok, UPDATE!!

Carl, you do NOT need the decoder, that is for the modern computerized cars!

Now, to solidify the unit needed, it is the 9007 replacement, and here is the link to that bulb.

http://www.jdmastar.com/product/314/...-Set-of-2.html

This is all that is needed and if you have the standard 3 prong halogen light socket, it plugs right into that.

Comment

Like Lt. Columbo says: Just one more question— Is there any problem with cooling since the fan is enclosed in the air tight bucket?
        Alaskan A's
        Model A Restorers Club
        Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Actually, there are no fans, and IF you have a reducer fail like I did, it was replaced the next day. These guys are great to deal with.

Carl, do you have ShoeGoo up there? If not, I recommend getting some from the lower 48. It is great stuff for almost any repair, it is even waterproof. I use that instead of a silicone type sealer to attach things. It is what I use to attach the reducer to the inside wall of the headlight bucket, and it acts as a heat sink and vibration dampener for the reducer.

Comment

Not for everybody, I used one of the 12V accessories that plug into a 2" receiver and use the flat four trailer plug. FYI, the reproduction early fifties Ford truck lights bolt right to the Model A truck brackets. When the lights are off, the third light shows the Ford script logo.
            Last edited by Denis4x4; 10-31-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• DaWizard
              DaWizard commented
              Editing a comment
              X10 I think that anything that gives better visibility to any direction on a Model A is a good thing!!

Can't get enough bright lighting!

Looks like this is going to be one of my winter projects this winter.
            Alaskan A's
            Model A Restorers Club
            Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Placed my order today. Procrastination doesn't exactly work though, price went up since I first looked at them.
              Alaskan A's
              Model A Restorers Club
              Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Ok, the posted pictures are the items that come with the actual lights and all parts are needed. There is a separate "decoder" that is needed for the new generation of computer controlled cars to fool the computer, or some such, but the Model A isn't in need of those.

And yes, looks like the price has increased by $40.00!

Not my fault.

What I would do is call them and see if the new price reflects the need for the "decoder" and explain that for this application it is not needed and maybe they will send you the set without that part for a better price.

Comment