Original radiator shell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original radiator shell

Well, I finely got my original radiator shell, after going thru several methods, which all proved to be unsuccessful.
    Now the background: first I bought a radiator ('28/29), which turned out to be some aftermarket from a few years back, and turned out to be 5/8" too tall, which, also, would not fit with repro commercial shell, so next, i was able to purchase an original radiator, which would fit the the repro shell, however, it would not allow me to use the hand crank, as the hole in the shell was about 1/2" above the spring clamp hole to the crank nut, so could not hand crank engine, so finely, I have an original radiator and shell, and the hank crank fits perfectly...Yay, and yeah, i'm tickled pink.

Sunny now just shiner up
    2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Congrats to you Sunny!
      It's a great feeling to get original parts and loose the repops. I know your feeling of satisfaction in making this happen.
      Alex

Comment

Thanks Mitch and Alex!

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you procure the shell from ? And make sure that rad has full flow

• Tom Wesenberg
          Tom Wesenberg commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Bert's used to sell replated original radiator shells, as well as a few other replated original parts.

Congratulations!! Sorry you had to spend money and time that could have gone elsewhere, many of us have been there. welcome to the club.

Comment

Mitch, I bought the commercial original shell from A guy named Gary from San Diego, who was selling collection from an old time collector, who, i believe passed away, so he is helping out the wife. Gary has posted on the VFF.
          Garrison Karr
          Last edited by sunnyorm; 07-12-2018, 06:33 PM. Reason: Found last name

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Great, Gary is a stand up guy.