Winter Time Projects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Time Projects

How many of you have already started a winter time projects list? And what do they consist of? Kind of fishing to add to mine...... And kind of reassureing my self I haven't went off the deep end!!!!!!!!

I'm still working on last winter's projects
    Alaskan A's
    Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
    Model A Ford Club of America
    Model A Restorers Club
    Antique Automobile Club of America
    Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Lmao nice...... I tend to accidentally work 1 project turns into 4

Comment

• sunnyorm
        sunnyorm commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that kind of like ADD; alternative diagnostic distractions, i know that's what i get sometimes!

• Chevmn56
        Chevmn56 commented
        Editing a comment
        I actually blew snot bubbles on that!!!!!

Well, since we never have a "winter" here, every project is posted on the book, and it just means that all my projects are winter projects, but take all year to get to since I wana drive it, not work on it.

Now that I think I blew the U-joint, and I had another 2 weeks of engine build before wanting to swap it out, the engine build has been stepped up to the top of the list. Now since I need to swap out the engine, I need to start tearing apart the car to make the swap. *sighs*

Anyone have an extra "B" head they are willing to let me have for shipping costs?
      VFF Recruiter

"We do not stop playing because we grow old;
      We grow old because we stop playing ...
      NEVER Be The First To Get Old!" Pilfered from the MAFC SA Newsletter

I JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

"Why so Serious?"

Comment

• carolinamudwalker
        carolinamudwalker commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate winter, Wiz, do you know of any snow bird rentals in your area? Maybe a tiny house or RV park rental? Thinking of 3 month stay

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Check for AirBnB places, those things are popping up all over the place. I have 2 across the street from me.

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Wiz, you have an extra room or 2 you can rent out for Model A parts ??

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Not today Pat

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Bob just head straight down the coast

• Ayyy
        Ayyy commented
        Editing a comment
        C'mon JC, we have winters here. That's when we get some rain.
        Oh wait. Uhm...never mind.

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Alex, March 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

• sunnyorm
        sunnyorm commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey J.C., that could be used to eliminate the "winter projects" category altogether in sunny California! nah, guess not!

My pre winter project is to insulate my work area, so I can have a project this winter. That would be starting on my 28 A pu cab. Dreams are all I have, money and driven energy are not my forte Pat's not ready to talk about (******) and snow !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chevmn56 View Post
        How many of you have already started a winter time projects list? And what do they consist of? Kind of fishing to add to mine...... And kind of reassureing my self I haven't went off the deep end!!!!!!!!
        If you have to go fishing for projects, you are one lucky guy. I can't even keep up with daily repairs.
        Now I have 2 nice Honda lawn tractors that both suddenly up and died this past week.
        I have one more I will try to start before the grass gets too tall.

Comment

• Chevmn56
          Chevmn56 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like you have a lot of land Tom!!!!

• Tom Wesenberg
          Tom Wesenberg commented
          Editing a comment
          Just under one acre, but when I found out how hard and expensive Honda HT3813 parts are I decided to buy a spare parts lawn tractor. Turned out to be too good to use for parts, then I found another one. That was also too good for parts, so I bought a 4th one. Now I'm done buying. LOL

Hoping to re-upholster my camper cushions this winter, doing all the sewing myself. Jeff

Comment

• Chevmn56
          Chevmn56 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your a bigger man than I we did a kit on our 56 Belair...... And I truly believe they don't get paid enough..... That shit is hard to do

• JDupuis
          JDupuis commented
          Editing a comment
          Just inherited a singer industrial sewing machine
          Have it out for repairs right now.
          Plan on using it all winter.

I do my bench work in the winter with a space heater on the work bench. I have at least one working spare of every sub-component on a shelf and when a distributor, carb, starter, gen, horn needs replacing I grab a proven one off the shelf and put the non-working unit on the end of my work bench. During the winter I dive into that pile and make well everything that doesn't work so good. In late Fall, I check all fluid levels and "put my A's to bed" with clean oil.

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that Bud, your well prepared.

Originally posted by pAAt View Post
        My pre winter project is to insulate my work area, so I can have a project this winter. That would be starting on my 28 A pu cab. Dreams are all I have, money and driven energy are not my forte Pat's not ready to talk about (******) and snow !!!
        Me too, I am converting my barn into a work area. Picked up a mobile home furnace and a oil tank that has been inside all it's life. Currently my issue is the time to complete this prior to cold weather moving in. Every time I think I am gaining I lose a step forward. Went out to mow the "lawn" which consists of 5 acres at the moment only to find a flat tire on the lawn tractor.

Comment

• pAAt
          pAAt commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to my world Ed or me too yours ?? I was going to insulate the lean2 last year, but ran out of time. I hope procrastination doesn't hit here again this year !!
          Pat
      Working...
      X