Photo Editing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Editing?

For those of you who edit your photos; What program do you use?
    I don't have the bucks for Photoshop, or any of the others, and I find Microsoft Publisher to be too cumbersome.

What I mean is, basically, like adding text, arrows etc. to explain sections within photos.

I use picture publisher. It came with a scanner I bought about 20 years ago. I doublt if it is still available. I think photoshop bought a lot of the old programs and killed them to increase their sales.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• sunnyorm
      sunnyorm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reply 2manycars, i found something, Duh, it's called Preview in Macbook, sometimes, i just need to think more on a subject.

• 2manycars
      2manycars commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, I did not know preview had those features. They are hidden until the menu is enabled. Thanks for that.

Sunny
    You can add captions to thumbnails right on the site directly. Fyi
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• sunnyorm
      sunnyorm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mitch, yes i do know about that one, but sometimes i have a photo, that i want to draw attention to a specific area.

GIMP is free. linux/Windows based. not sure on a Mac.

Just looked there is a Mac version.
    Gimp.org
    Last edited by Jim Mason; 06-27-2018, 08:05 PM.
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

I just use Microsoft Paint. I upload pictures from my camera to my laptop. I then select the picture. Right click. Open with Paint. Edit as desire. I personally resize the picture first. I then select other edit options as desired. Example attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have been using Microsoft paint for years. Its free, simple to use. No, you cant do advanced stuff like a photoshop.

Comment