31 SW Vacuum Line Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31 SW Vacuum Line Installation

Can any one give me help in how to install the vacuum line? What parts then hide the line from view?

Thanks,
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

John look through this wiper tech thread
    https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...797-wiper-info
    3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
    Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thank you for the GREAT help and information!!

Comment

John
        If you can document your line install with pics, I can add them onto the technical thread.
        3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
        Henry Ford said,
        "It's all nuts and bolts"
        "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• gmcole
          Vacuum Line Error
          by gmcole
          I took my carb off to work on it and the vacuum line which goes from the back of distributor into carb messed up. Basically I pulled the nut off the line and now I cannot get it back onto the line. Is this a prefabbed part or is there an easy fix I am not seeing?...
          09-01-2019, 07:42 PM
        • JohnB15632
          31 Vacuum line
          by JohnB15632
          The vacuum line that originally cam with my Model A is plugged solid.
          Any ideas how I can get this tube unplugged?
          Would it be better to try to manufacture/bend a new vacuum line?

Thanks,
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          06-05-2018, 03:38 PM
        • Dick Carne
          Cabriolet vacuum line installation -
          by Dick Carne
          Its been a while since I disassembled the vacuum line on our old 68-C before starting its restoration. Forgetful as I am, I'm now wondering how everything went back together. I've purchased a new rubber hose vacuum line that I'm thinking ran under the windshield on the underside of the upper garnish molding, but when I get to the side/door post garnish molding, I seem to suffer an absolute loss...
          06-09-2021, 01:16 PM
        • old victoria
          line bore
          by old victoria
          Any one using the line bore fixture made by gene French ?
          01-05-2020, 10:45 AM
        • JohnB15632
          What do I have here?
          by JohnB15632
          Is this small tube actually an inside vacuum tube that runs from the firewall to the vacuum windshield wiper motor?
          Is the fitting on the end of the tube the same fitting that goes through the firewall?

How exactly is this tube installing inside the body?

Thanks,...
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          11-24-2019, 03:17 PM
        • cairo16
          Vacuum wiper piping
          by cairo16
          Hello, I recently purchased all of the piping for my vacuum wiper motor....i have no idea how it goes together. My intake came with the plug in and and all the piping removed. Does anyone have a drawing of how to bend / assemble it? Or would anyone be willing to take and send pictures ? I have a 1930 deluxe coupe. Im pretty sure i understand how to get from the intake through the firewall but once...
          08-30-2019, 01:59 AM
        • Jwmckenzie
          Vacuum Line Routing - '31 Coupe
          by Jwmckenzie
          Trying to figure out the routing of the Vacuum line for a '31 Coupe. I have reviewed the thread in the technical section on Wipers, this post and the one after was most helpful.

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...1962#post41962

The pics shown are of a Slant window car, and assume the '31 coupe is run the same way.

I also have studied the Service Bulletin...
          04-11-2021, 01:44 PM
        • Poor Boy
          Portable vacuum source
          by Poor Boy
          Good evening. I have been cleaning up and trying to sort out some wiper motors for my 31 coupe, with limited success. What I find a real nuisance is trying to test them with a vacuum source other than a running car in a closed garage in freezing weather. Has anyone found/built/designed a portable vacuum source that one could take off the shelf and use on the work bench to test these wiper motors....
          03-26-2019, 09:52 PM
        • DanRitchie
          Trico vacuum replacement part
          by DanRitchie
          I am trying to purchase replacement parts for a Trico vacuum wiper, Rocker Home and Reversing Lever Spring. This is for my 1931 Ford A truck. The kits on-line don't seem to include these items. Any direction is greatly appreciated.
          Regards,
          Dan
          05-20-2019, 08:43 AM
        • Superhart
          Need Photos of Vacuum Wiper Routing
          by Superhart
          I am a new Model A street rod owner converting my 1930 Model A coupe that arrived with a hand operated windshield wiper to a vacuum operated system using an original Trico KCX-1 unit. I would like to see photos if possible of how the vacuum tubing is routed from the wiper unit along the windshield and down the side post to under the dash. I just want to know what I am doing before I break out the...
          12-08-2019, 04:01 PM
        Working...
        X