Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering

I am going to install a Randy Gross steering conversion in my 31 Tudor as soon as it arrives. I know his instructions will be complete and understandable. If anyone has done this is there any special tricks or tips you can add. Thanks

I've installed one and had problems finding center on lock to lock. I gave up and called Randy. He set me straight. No pun intended. The only "tip" I can give is have his number handy just in case.

Comment

In my opinion rebuild a 2 tooth original steering box with a shorten pitman arm and a good front end and you will have no problems with your steering. also make sure your tire pressures are correctly.

mike
      Michael
      1928 speedster
      1929 closed cab p/u
      1930 standard roadster
      1931 deluxe tudor sedan
      1967 ss/rs conv.camaro

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• bosticjb
        Steering box
        by bosticjb
        I have just purchased a 1928 with a steering box problem anybody got any suggestions on what to do - any replacements that are recommended...
        10-08-2018, 02:52 PM
      • Bill CNC
        2 Tooth Steering Box
        by Bill CNC
        Well after screwing around with my steering box on my 31 Tudor, I have found it's to far gone to adjust. It feels like it's indexing in the center and if I loosen it up to rid the hard spot in the center, ... Whoa, ... she's ALL OVER THE ROAD!

I'm trying to figure out if I want to rebuild it myself or buy a rebuilt one or buy one of Randy's F-100 boxes.

I'm trying to keep...
        03-31-2018, 01:47 PM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Who Needs Steering Arms With Good Balls
        by Tom Wesenberg
        I just saw this on ebay, and it looks like a good deal for anyone needing steering arms with good balls.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-...19.m1438.l2649
        06-13-2018, 10:18 PM
      • DonNettleton
        Mel / Randy Gross F-100 steering box conversion for Model A
        by DonNettleton
        has any one done this conversion on their Model A, and if so how does it work for you? i am considering this for my 1930 coupe
        06-30-2019, 10:08 PM
      • sunnyorm
        Steering Play
        by sunnyorm
        What is fairly "normal" play for a driver, with a 2 tooth steering, measured at the steering wheel?
        07-10-2018, 05:31 PM
      • Cape Codder
        Steering Column Disassembled
        by Cape Codder
        I have disassembled my complete steering including the steering column. I have done this due to the "Death Wobble" I have had from time to time. The disassembly has shown the below attachments! Guess I will be waiting for the BBT (Big Brown Truck)!...
        09-14-2020, 08:20 PM
      • Gary D
        Evaluations of E-Z Steer and Mel Gross's F-100 Steering box
        by Gary D
        Comments appreciated of any pros and cons regarding the E-Z Steer unit and Mel Gross's F-100 steering unit for Model A's. Thank you!
        02-01-2018, 11:22 AM
      • thom
        early/late steering gear swap
        by thom
        Our "new" '28 Coupe of course has the seven tooth steering box, and although the steering doesn't feel unsafe, it doesn't feel quite like I want it to. I am going to learn how to do all the adjustments that can be done to what we have and see how it does. If we're not satisfied I would be interested in swapping in a two tooth Gemmer box and column. Can someone tell me if that is a direct,...
        10-03-2019, 12:40 AM
      • BigWes
        Need steering help / ideas
        by BigWes
        Hello all, I am very new to the Model T scene. I have a newly acquired 1927 model T (at least that's what the title says.) It appears to be a fabricated kit of sorts but the issue I have is the steering/ front end. while the bucket as a whole is not period correct it appears that the front axle is. The previous owner(s) installed a rack of sorts and all the welds look like crap. I would like to clean...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        11-21-2019, 07:48 AM
      • Great Lakes Greg
        7 tooth steering, how to rebuild
        by Great Lakes Greg
        Diving into my first 7 tooth. Is there a good instruction guide, or words of wisdom out there?
        09-22-2020, 09:13 PM
      Working...
      X