VERY SAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY SAD!

Some of you posters from the probably remember GLEN from CAMINO, with his Model A Woody Wagon Avatar. His Wife, Sharon, posted that he has Dementia & can't work on his cars anymore & she's trying to find the best ways to sell his Cars, all his parts, his model car collection & his Jim Beam Collection.
    Can any of you help with IDEAS?
    Dad (Glens' Friend, for a LOOONG time.)

That is sad. One of the guys in the MG club has dementia and he did not know me at the big british car show last week. He bought his MG brand new, and probably does not remember that. His son brought him to the show. Thank goodness for sons.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Glenn is a member here and once posted an introduction.

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...760-new-member

This news saddens me
      Maybe she can contact the local Model A club. Another option is to have her contact me and I will do what I can to help them out. A start would be to promote the items right here on the VFF giving them high exposure. We can feature his stuff and do things that will never happen over on the

Thanks Pop—arooni for posting this here
      2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Oh man thats never easy... I dont have many suggestions. I dont know if she is the type who would want to sell everything to one person just to be one and done - no looky loos, lowballers, scammers, etc. It can be very overwhelming so I wouldnt be overbearing. I doubt she would want to deal with shipping but maybe a long time good friend could be "appointed" to be the contact guy and price accordingly and handle the money flow/sales while she focuses on him.

My only thought is have her contact her local model A club they belonged to. Hopefully they are a bunch of good guys and gals that can help her out without becoming vultures or pests in the process.

Last edited by SeaSlugs; 06-11-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I remember Glenn from the other place. Very nice Gentleman.

Comment

I remember him very well. Sad ending and not deserved in all cases. To lose your memory of all of your life's happenings is not the way to go.
            "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
              BILL WILLIAMSON commented
              Editing a comment
              YES, I KNOW how sad it is, as I took care of my Dear Wife, Pat, for 8 1/2 years, until I just couldn't do it any more. Then I got her into a FINE Care Home, where she lasted another 2 years.
              I found that DEMENTIA/ALZHEIMERS cases are ALL DIFFERENT, in the ways it progresses. Pat lost communication skills, very QUICKLY. Some are able to talk to the end. With some, there's an UNEXPLAINED weight loss, even when they're eating well. That happened to Pat!
              Dad Sad

• SeaSlugs
              SeaSlugs commented
              Editing a comment
              yea ive seen one grandma and one grandpa go thru this and a close neighbor. I know they dont mean what they say but its hard to hear. Just gotta remember the good times and visit often. Theres great days where they are thier old selves, bad days where your the worst person in existance, and a buncha mediocre days where they dont know you but want to make a "new" friend and can swap stories for hours!

I always thought he was an inspiration for all of us.

Comment

WHO'S that person here, who has the MONEY & DESIRE, to buy Glens' WHOLE COLLECTION?---PLEASE, STEP UP!
              Dad

Comment

• SeaSlugs
                SeaSlugs commented
                Editing a comment
                That would be the easiest solution is for one buyer to come and buy it all. Next easiest would be have an auction - they come setup, move stuff, hold auction and buyers haul it away.

If I had anywhere the means, that would be my calling!

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
                Editing a comment
                I'm SURE you would, if you could! There's that Person, here, that CAN DO IT & He'll be GREATLY BLESSED, by GOD, for doing it.
                When I've been unselfish in my GIVING, I've found that my so called "REWARDS" come from the most UNEXPECTED ways & from People I didn't even KNOW!!!---JUST got a call, someone looking for Lacey, wrong number, "thought" it "might" be my "rewards" line---LOL
                Dad

Bill, do you have any idea how many cars, parts etc? How extensive is the inventory? That would help maybe find someone here that might have the means to buy the collection.

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
                Editing a comment
                I have NO IDEA of what he has.
                Bill W.

Since Glenn is a member here, it would be nice if his wife Sharon would post some information. She has made two posts at the other place. I feel she could get more help here than there.

Comment

• Mitch
                Mitch commented
                Editing a comment
                Ya know Sam I would have hoped that someone would have passed on that lead by now.

• Mitch
                Mitch commented
                Editing a comment
                If someone sent her our link through PM it will change to .net because we are censored over there. Nice huh

That's tough... I sure hope they can figure out what is causing that a lot of folks are affected by it.....

Comment

I sent Sharon a PM thru the VFF system. Since she hasn't posted here, I don't think she knows about the VFF, so I'm afraid she won't get the message. Perhaps one of our members knows Glenn and can contact them directly, since using the other places PM system may lead to problems.

Comment

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just PM them over there and type out Vintage Ford Forum . com

NO LINK it's easy to beat the child at his game

Or if they have an email option set up use that

Originally posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
                That's tough... I sure hope they can figure out what is causing that a lot of folks are affected by it.....
                Their making progress every day it seems. Not quite a cure yet but can prolong it so they are closer to their normal selves for longer. Someday might prolong (slow it down) slow enough that a person will naturally pass due to age before it gets too bad.

Comment

A couple from my area know Glenn and Sharon quite well, they and myself are going up before the convention to help her in any way we can. God knows she has her hands full. I lost my wife 5 years ago from cancer, she slowly went away much the same as if she had dementia, and I have a good idea what Sharon is going through
                  Last edited by Dennis; 06-13-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Terrible disease, my MIL has 6th stage Alzheimers and we care for her, 93 and 6th stage ALZ... so hard you can't imagine. You just watch them deteriorate and go backwards...sucks...

Comment

• Jeff/Illinois
                      Jeff/Illinois commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There was a local man that owned a Standard gas station in a nearby town, since he came back from the War. Everybody went to Dave for service and such he was a super nice guy. A U.S Army combat veteran

After he developed Alzheimer's in the late 1980's early '90's, these same customers were coming in and ripping him off like you wouldn't believe, stealing him blind. He died penniless and was in debt due to these individuals.

And this was a small farming town of 800 people where everybody knew each other.

It's a wonderful country that has evolved today, ain't it.....................
                      Last edited by Jeff/Illinois; 06-13-2018, 05:53 PM.

• slammin
                      slammin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There is a special place in hell for sub-humans like that.