Cabs on !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabs on !

Friends helped me place cab on the frame and set my bed on a rolling cart. I can get the rest done myself, from here on. Pat

Pat that looks fantastic man you are on a roll.

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chief !! Like folks say here, do something on it everyday !! Once you do one thing, you can't stop and the day ends

way to go, you making good progress

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks George ! I'm under so much pressure from you guys to actually get something done
      Last edited by pAAt; 06-12-2018, 09:44 PM.

Nice brother Pat
    It's a good feeling to hit these milestones, you are an inspiration
    2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mitch, I can actually see the finish line now. To be truthful, with the Model A-AA, I'm not sure there is a finish line ! I'll just be heading down the highway with a few tools and a AAA card in my pocket Thanks for your help on this adventure. Pat

That looks beeeuuuuuuuuuuutfil!

Why is that the only color green for AA's? Did they want to blend in with the logging trails?
    VFF Recruiter

"We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing ...
    NEVER Be The First To Get Old!" Pilfered from the MAFC SA Newsletter

I JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

"Why so Serious?"

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Wiz, I just love the color !! That's why the cab, fenders, splash aprons, rad shell, headlight buckets, running boards, and etc, will be Rock Moss Green !

Pat, you're going to have to slow down. Now you're really making me look slow.

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Stopped down to see a friend with a TT. He's 81 and fell last winter. He crawled to the house from the shop and slept on the floor that night. In the morning he was ambulanced to the hospital. He just got back home a week ago and can't do much now. My thoughts are full speed ahead, till death do I part from my AA !! Tom, you got the brains and the looks !! You don't have to do physical work, like me ! ;)
      Last edited by pAAt; 06-12-2018, 09:46 PM.

That looks great. It is sure going to start to come together now!

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Art ! Working on these A's is a real pleasure and rewarding. Great evening too you. Pat

Hot Damn!!! Looking great!! Yes, doing the same color! Love it!

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Beau ! Really like the color and it is hard to see it in the woods, when I'm hiding from work !! Pat

Your nickname should be "Butter" because you are on a "roll" ! . Jeff

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL Jeff !! Took me a second to get that one Good Morning and have a super fantastic day !! Pat

They call me "Mr Blister" cause I show up after the work is done!!!

Comment

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      Mucker Pat already misled us in tennesee , but at least we got some really good tasting ham out of the deal. What I like about Pat is he is his own man and he does what makes Pat happy kinda like you and I really enjoyed hanging with you guys and it will not be the last time.

Been working for ham lately, but have got a few things done. Rust911 in the tank (tank is in great condition already) for a day or two. Have fixed 2 repo latches and waiting on parts for my original latches. Out of 8 window regulators, I found 2 that will work with a little help. Parts for them are very high and it's cheaper to buy repos, but will be on the lookout for good originals. Great evening to all, Pat

Comment

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      Pat i am impressed with your work my friend you do not get in a rush and your attention to detail is to be commended.

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Your just saying that because your hungry for some ham !! Thanks, Pat

• George Miller
      George Miller commented
      Editing a comment
      Be care full if you keep it up you will get it done then what,

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      Like George said....slow down but don't worry I'm 2 years in and thousands of hours and dollars and I'm still working on the damn thing. Always something...mostly cause I screwed it up! LOL

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      I still have my Model A CCPU and speedster to fall back on That's why I have so many junk parts on hand !! Beauford your the one that got me going on this, It's all your fault !! George your the one that makes me try to do it right, and absolutely no fooling around when I'm working !! ;)

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      Why don't ya sell the speedster project to me

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Beauford, I think we could figure something out ! Only thing is you'd need to gather another title for it Pat

Wow im amazed paat! When your done you can do round 2 on my truck. Homemade meatloaf, mashed taters and mac n cheese await for you! haha

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      SS, I think I'll try to make it to Iola for a day, just to meet you !! A friend with a TT and a 28 coupe used to go there and he's not doing so well. He could use a little uplift in his life and I'll ask him if he wants to go with me. I'm sure it'll still pick up his spirits some, even if he can't go. I do love meatloaf and taters Pat

• SeaSlugs
      SeaSlugs commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh cant wait! Cold Beer n Fried cheese curds for all!

Always wondered why beer started selling at 8am while cheese curds not till 9...

Way to go pAAt, your going lightspeed!

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      We all need a little boot in the ass once in a while, Sunny ! There sure is a lot to learn on these basic vehicles !!!! Good day to you Sir, Pat

Patiently waiting for todays update
    2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Todays update has been postponed until tomorrow !! Cut meat till 1 o'clock, mowed till 6 o'clock, and made my meal, then washed the dishes I have all day tomorrow for fun on the AA. Greatest of evenings to all VFFer's, Pat

Proof of my ham operation !! Great place to talk pure stuff and no one squeals on you The hamster !!

Comment

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the picture of you scratching that itch!

• Tom Wesenberg
      Tom Wesenberg commented
      Editing a comment
      I knew that was you I saw standing on the street corner holding the sign "Will Work For Food".

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing better than working for quality meat products Tom. We will have to have you down for a rib steak one of these days.

No one "squeals" in the ham operation?

Comment

I drained the Rust911 out today and it was still clear Filled up another tank with it and we'll see about that one. I pulled 3 gas shutoffs apart and picked the best one to install, also the same with the strainer.. Put in the new fuel gage and plumbed the gas lines. I filled the tank with gas and MMO, no leaks, not even at the carb. Will be starting on the electrical next and hopefully trying to get it started in a week or so. Good evening, Pat

Comment

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Pat, check both those terminal boxes for the screws that go through. If there is a head of the screw showing, do NOT use locktite on the threads as that will obliterate the bakelite!! Use finger nail polish on the threads and tighten the nuts up, then put a dab of your favorite sealer in the holes before mounting on the firewall.

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure wish you were my neighbor Wiz !!

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish I was too Pat. Since I can't be, just keep posting pics and when I see something important, I'll holler out at ya.

Funny thing Pat, after belonging to this forum, a LOT of my childhood model A info is coming back to me. Can't remember breakfast, but my model A memory is getting sharper!!

Wow shes beautiful! Gonna hire pAAt to finish my truck lol.

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        It is lookin great,, but She's a He

Update..... Parts came in today and I will try to have it running by the time the party starts !! Cheers, Pat

Comment

• Beauford
        Beauford commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the same one. New and shiny!

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        only $50.00 too, probably the cheapest thing on this truck Beauford !!
        Last edited by pAAt; 06-27-2018, 08:05 AM.

• Beauford
        Beauford commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah....tell me about it. LOL

It's finally "Alive" and running nicely !! Hooked up the battery and blew a fuse. Disconnected generator and that cured it ? I replaced cutout with another and problem solved. No spark, so I tested circuits and no juice to the points. Pulled distributor upper plate and no juice. I took the 2 bottom plate screws out ( figured I could take it out and look. I don't think so ), but I got juice through my fingers and toes I figured the armored cable wasn't in far enough to get a good connection. Just a few turns in and all kinds of sparks flying. Retimed the engine ($hit, I forgot to pull out the timing pin ! ) Jumped in and it started right up and charging to boot. I have a video, but takes forever to download, any help Mitch ?
      Tomorrow I'll drive it out of the shed for my first ever Model AA cruise, but just out and back in. Need my window in, then my fenders, new radiator, box, and get the last of my stuff painted. Pat's Cruising

Comment

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Great job Pat, 'bout damned time!

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Wiz !! Pretty proud of myself today, it was becoming a little beast, and I didn't think I would get it running today. I'll check out how I did on the clutch tomorrow Pat

• George Miller
        George Miller commented
        Editing a comment
        We new you could do it, good job.

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks George ! I'm going to get something to eat and head down to put the box on I will be pulling it out of the shed on it's own power, after at least 57 years of sleeping, and on Mitch's party day too !! Best regards; Pat

Wow......happy day indeed! .
      Jeff

Comment

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Jeff, some
        one needs to keep a good eye on me and keep me going in the right direction Pat

Got the box on today and drove it to the house and back, about a 1/2 mile, then backed it in the shed !! Totally loved driving this truck and now my 35 year dream is close to becoming reality. Thanks for letting me bore you VFF, Pat

Comment

• George Miller
        George Miller commented
        Editing a comment
        we were not bored. Good job

• Beauford
        Beauford commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude! That is INSANE!!!! I love it! At this rate you will be finished before me!!! AWESOME pAAt!!!!

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Beauford !! I don't have kids at home or a job You would think it would be done already Have a great day my friend, Pat

Pat,
      Pretty exciting! What a great day! We are all happy for you.
      Random ROG

Comment

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank You !! I never expected it to feel that good to drive a Model A Pat

Very nice truck pAAt, (now I know what your nick means haha).

You will be the most popular guy in the parade, they will all want to jump in the back and cruise with you.

Comment

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Pooch, this is my first car build and I have also become a Model A Junkie too !! Pat

• pooch
        pooch commented
        Editing a comment
        Junkie,ha, when I finally decided to go hotrods in 2011 after having stockers all my life, I was actually looking for a 32 roadster,

I had a survivor A phaeton at the time, and the styling of the old cowl grew on me.

So I built my first A , but then one is never enough, so now I have 3.

I may be biased now, but I think the early A beats every other ford in style.

Pat there is nothing like that very first ride. When you start to see that finish line the adrenaline kicks in. I can tell this has happened to you lately. Good job my friend, you have a lot to be proud of. Maybe you can take a video
      2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Mitch ! I should have started 35 years ago when I bought my first Model A I'll never be able to catch up to you now, but I'll have as much fun, my Friend !!!! Thanks 2- VFF for the push I needed ! Best Regards Ever, Pat