6 volt cut out/ 6 volt voltage regulator - Pos. ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 volt cut out/ 6 volt voltage regulator - Pos. ground

Could someone post a couple of photos showing the guts of a 6 volt cut out and the guts of a 6 volt voltage regulator? Thanks, Smitty

Tom W's 6 volt voltage regulator is mounted inside the generator and replaces the 3rd brush

Comment

" i would think the voltage regulator would have a printed circuit board inside VS a standard cut out with either contact points or a diode style. The latter will not regulate the voltage."
      Here you go;

Comment

Originally posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
        " i would think the voltage regulator would have a printed circuit board inside VS a standard cut out with either contact points or a diode style. The latter will not regulate the voltage."
        Here you go;
        Thank you all! Smitty

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sunnyorm
          6 volt Chargers
          by sunnyorm
          Looking for consensus on good Battery Chargers for 6 volt (mine is Optima)

I searched using 12 volt charger (which mine is now) on a 6 volt, but am not sure, if it is alright?
          05-06-2018, 11:06 AM
        • pAAt
          Polarizing voltage regulator
          by pAAt
          Can you also disconnect the field terminal (center) and briefly touch it to the bat. term., then reinstall ? More questions on, 6 volt positive ground, VR's to come . Thanks, Pat...
          12-03-2019, 08:34 AM
        • popsjohn
          Conversion back to 6 volt
          by popsjohn
          I am looking at a 1931 CC Pickup that has been converted to 12 volt. What would be involved in changing it back to stock 6 volt system?
          08-10-2020, 01:57 PM
        • plyfor
          coils (12 volt) primary tests
          by plyfor
          Updating from another post, used a very accurate volt / ohm meter to compare primary readings on 3 internal resistance coils. The results were that 1 used original German made Bosch solid filled (probably tar substance, not epoxy) measured in at 3.2 ohms ,a new Standard UCT15 (foreign made) measured 4.2, and new old stock Lucas (UK made) measured 4.6 . The Bosch went on our car and could be mounted...
          04-09-2018, 12:54 AM
        • plyfor
          12 volt system coil follow up to thread 11-7-17
          by plyfor
          We have a Standard 12 volt internal resistor UC15T coil for another project. It reads 4.6 ohms across the terminals with 2.6 amps to the points. If an alternator puts out approx. 14 volts , the current to the points is approx 3 amps.
          Just want to follow up that this is OK (with stock or modern V8 style points) if we use on a Model A ?
          11-16-2017, 04:57 PM
        • Leo
          Conductance Battery Tester for 6 Volt System
          by Leo
          I watched this video on YouTube regarding one of these units. The conductance tester used (SOLAR brand) has the ability to test the actual cranking amps of the battery. The battery being tested passed the voltmeter, load and hydrometer tests but failed to have the cranking amps which it was rated for when new. I thought great, lets get one, but alas none of the ones I found were made for use on 6...
          11-12-2019, 11:31 AM
        • KansasRick
          Distributor Condenser Question
          by KansasRick
          Is a distributor condenser voltage specific? Are there 6 Volt Condensers and 12 Volt Condensers? While browsing the parts catalogs I don’t seem to see any specification differences. Am I overlooking something real obvious? I feel like I ought to know this but I never came it across this before. What do you think?
          09-04-2020, 04:04 PM
        • carolinamudwalker
          12 volt fans
          by carolinamudwalker
          It is going to be bloody hot driving from NC to Dearborn in August. Has anybody had any experience with small 4-5 inch 12 volt fans?...
          07-07-2019, 04:26 PM
        • canadian
          tension headache.
          by canadian
          wants to Barf but Help... background ... I Am a retired auto tech , 35 years of 12 volt /negative. never seen a positive ground system let alone service one. So of course my 29 is going to be 12 v neg. heres my brain fart. what the F does that pop out cable screwed into Distrubitor carry when 12 volt system properly installed . am I that stupid ? man I just cant seem to get negative ground out...
          05-10-2018, 03:32 PM
        • Tom Wesenberg
          A Nice Little Digital Volt Meter and battery charging
          by Tom Wesenberg
          Here's an inexpensive little volt meter that you can mount permanently to monitor your battery or charging system. My Honda lawn tractor only has a red light, so I bought one of these to mount in the dash. When it arrives, I'll try it on my Model A to see if it works OK with the ignition system noise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161798513692...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A battery charging...
          06-11-2017, 11:09 PM
        Working...
        X