Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

Thankyou for setting up vintage Ford it's starting off great and I am sure that it will be very successful !

We must all realize that putting things in words on "paper" is an art. Most of us are not professional writers and at times reading a response can be taken the wrong way. This, in my opinion, is the reason Ryan has changed things on his site. A remark taken the wrong way creates "drama". If we read things here with a mindset that the writer is just trying to ask a question or ask for help and may not word things as I/we would go a long way. Asking for clarification of what we don't understand is not an attack on the one that made the post but rather an attempt to get a good answer. Nor is posting more than one way to do things. An additional method is not an attack on the first way but just another way.

Comment

Well said. No drama here, just a bunch of like-minded people trying to help each other. A fresh start where you don't have to look over your shoulder....

Comment

If I DON'T lurn something new each day, I consider that day a LOSS. TODAY, I "might" lurn to spel???
        Bill Slow

Comment

I like the ribbing. Cry babies go piss with the puppies in the barn!

Comment

Originally posted by Beauford View Post
            I like the ribbing. Cry babies go piss with the puppies in the barn!
            You have to be careful about ribbing. As Mike pointed out, it's easy to be misunderstood in the written word. Namecalling does not contribute to the general civility of a site. What will make this site a success will be manners, respect, and staying on the topic of the Model A Ford. There are an almost infinite number of sites where one can insult another poster. This should not be one of them.

Meanwhile, what oil should I use to clean my whitewalls?
            Last edited by Ray Horton; 05-14-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Horton View Post

You have to be careful about ribbing. As Mike pointed out, it's easy to be misunderstood in the written word. Namecalling does not contribute to the general civility of a site. What will make this site a success will be manners, respect, and staying on the topic of the Model A Ford. There are an almost infinite number of site where one can insult another poster. This should not be one of them.

Meanwhile, what oil should I use to clean my whitewalls?
              I'm just saying some of the stuff was petty... PS: I would recommend 30 with detergent. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdtbird View Post
                Well said. No drama here, just a bunch of like-minded people trying to help each other. A fresh start where you don't have to look over your shoulder....
                AMEN!!!!!!!
                3 ~ Tudor's
                Henry Ford said
                "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mike V. Florida
                  What I really like about this site!
                  by Mike V. Florida
                  You know one of the great things about this site is the knowledge shared. If someone has a question, for the most part, not only the answer is given but the reasons behind that answer is also given.

If someone posts something incorrect on this site, the correction is also given with supporting documentation.

Do we know all? No. We get out information from others sometimes...
                  09-14-2019, 11:34 PM
                • Paul
                  Personable Opinion
                  by Paul
                  After following this site since its introduction, the **** **** is a good place for me to answer a question, but please note; when I need a question answered or something to discuss, this is the place to be. There are true knowledgeable people here. It makes it easy to sort out the various answers when you trust the people giving them. Thanks to all who partake. VFF is the best!
                  01-31-2019, 04:35 PM
                • H. L. Chauvin
                  Write something ......
                  by H. L. Chauvin
                  FWIW: "If" we think about it:

There are instructors and instructors ...... there are teachers and teachers ....... some less effective snob teachers want students to say nothing and just listen to Mr. or Mrs. "Know-it-all" ....... others who are more compassionately concerned , ask students for comments ....... usually the student who is brave enough to ask a question,...
                  04-13-2018, 10:17 AM
                • Roland Farrow
                  1935 Ford Sedan: What to look for
                  by Roland Farrow
                  I am looking to purchase a 1935 Ford sedan. What weak points should I be looking for as I inspect a car?
                  Roland
                  02-26-2019, 07:15 PM
                • Jordan
                  How much is it worth? Original 1928 Tudor
                  by Jordan
                  I have considered getting another Model A to tinker with for a little while now- but a school teacher I can only afford so much. I have ALWAYS wanted an "original" car to make into a "grapes of wrath" type vehicle to just have fun with. I almost got one last year- but someone else got to it literally 30 seconds before I did.

I found this 28 Tudor and the owner is asking...
                  02-07-2019, 09:42 AM
                • ditchdoc7969
                  Right Hand Drive
                  by ditchdoc7969
                  So I found a RHD 1930 Model T at what appears to be a decent price. I can only imagine that this is an imported car or a car that was meant for export some where else. Can I get some feed back on the RHD T's: do/dont get, easier or harder items to replace/repair, etc

Thank you...
                  01-13-2020, 05:51 AM
                • Paul
                  Benson Ford Research Center
                  by Paul
                  Let's say I go to the Benson Ford Research Center and look up some drawings on microfiche.
                  1. What is the quality and size of the drawings once printed out?
                  2. If you know the part number, is it like going to the license branch and no matter what, it's a long process or is it fairly organized and is a quick in and out?
                  3. Is there a "librarian" person there to help or are you mostly on your
                  11-25-2019, 07:08 PM
                Working...
                X