Interior Panels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Panels...

how are the interior panels installed on a roadster P/U? Are the screws exposed? Just got home from vacation...lots of parts on porch. Lot of posts on here to catch up on and lots of work to do on truck....dammit I'm behind on everything!!!

Vacation will do that!! Welcome back, now get to work!!
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Thanks, Wiz!!

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome back!

Thanks WebMaster!

Comment

Well .............. don't be surprised if a few eager Senior Model A owners ask for your exact street address, and how to get there ..... heck, I mean, where in our USA today can a Model A owner return from a vacation ............ and find that after being gone, that he has ........ "lots of parts on the front porch"!

Comment

• Beauford
          Beauford commented
          Editing a comment
          I live in "the sticks" and have video surveillance. I left the key in the running chassis parked outside and tarped. I'd love to see someone try to start it these days or unfamiliar with old tech. That would be a funny video!!

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe one of us will come over and drive it away. Just don't shoot

Be careful if you do.....remember I rebuilt the brakes. LOL

Comment

DON'T worry, Bueff, thieves only steal COMPLETE, DRIVEABLE cars---
          SA KDad

Comment

• Beauford
            Beauford commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh he will go....wanna run for pink slips? LOL Wait...we don't have pink slips. How about frame or engine etchings?

The panels in the RPU are held in with barbed nails into sockets that are snapped into the holes in the inner door panel. The original sockets were metal, but the new replacements are plastic. The nails have slightly domed heads and are painted black.
          Bill
          http://www.brauchauto.com/
          Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• Beauford
            Beauford commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Tomany. I see Lebron Bonney sells something like that but they are screws.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Swastler
          Finally installing interior
          by Swastler
          so I figure my new reality won’t offer the roadster to be repainted any time soon and I’ve had a LB interior kit in the rafters of garage since 1983. Pulled the boxes down and everything looked new still, albeit not close to original in many ways, it’s still new. I got the door panels and cowl panels in place, but will need to pull out wood to seal before going further. Here’s a couple shots...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          05-04-2018, 09:51 AM
        • Art Ebeling
          Original Interior
          by Art Ebeling
          my 31 Victoria project came with two black trash bags of old interior parts I had not opened. Imagine my delight in seeing this, the best instructions you could ever follow. Every interior panel, carpet and windlaces with every screw or clip or snap hole. I have a new Lebaron Bonney kit and it will be modified as needed by using these patterns.
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          11-24-2017, 05:08 PM
        • Electricman8
          Interior problem
          by Electricman8
          I have a 1931 Model A Ford Roadster I’m trying to install the interior wood pieces I purchased from Snyder’s There are 12 precut pieces of wood three on each side by door jam to mount side panels on 5 pieces to construct front seat support along with two metal pieces Which also isolates the rumble seat I’m looking for som sort of view on how to finish this off any help
          11-02-2020, 02:08 PM
        • wolfen1176
          1934 Phaeton interior and top
          by wolfen1176
          I am in the process of restoring a 1934 Phaeton and am getting to the point of needing a top and interior. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to be able to source it? Lebaron Bonney would have been my first choice but unfortunately they have gone out of business. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          06-15-2020, 04:15 PM
        • Neil Wilson
          Interior Trim Screws
          by Neil Wilson
          Does anyone sell interior trim screws which are the same as original. Brass, French head #10 and #12 oval head screws?
          10-09-2019, 05:36 PM
        • Lazlo
          Interior
          by Lazlo
          Is there anyone that offers a stock interior kit for 37 Ford fordor 78? ...
          11-19-2019, 08:09 PM
        • 1930 Closed Cab PU
          Interior Cab Panel/Card Material, Late 30 Closed Cabg
          by 1930 Closed Cab PU
          Am researching, trying to find info on my Pick Up interior as it looked like as Henry made it. What I remember from seeing other trucks that have been refurbished, interior panels/cards on those trucks were vinyl covered panels, or plastic panels. Also these trucks, have every possible inside Cab space covered with material/cards.

I think my truck, which has a couple of door cards...
          01-17-2019, 12:39 PM
        • ClaudeC
          1934 interior restoration by LaBaron Bonny
          by ClaudeC
          http://www.lebaronbonney.com/cust-19...m_medium=email
          06-26-2018, 12:05 PM
        • Art Ebeling
          Victoria interior
          by Art Ebeling
          What are these parts that were in my Lebaron Bonney Victoria interior kit. The long piece is about 55 inches and I think it goes across the top of the rear seat back....
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          01-20-2018, 08:54 AM
        • Beauford
          Compete Seat
          by Beauford
          any companies sell a complete Roadster P/U seat and just not the springs. Looking just for black vinyl...Also. Should I paint all areas in the interior? Even areas covered buy panels? Never painted the inside of a bare car.
          06-04-2017, 10:11 AM
        Working...
        X